what bike to get? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what bike to get?
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 3:27 PM
im looking to purchase a used motorcycle prefer 600cc or bigger. (im not a small guy and dont want something that is too small and unconfertable)
Im wanting a sports bike. 3,000-4,000 budget. What should I look for? Also Im a new rider. I have toyed around with a 125cc dirt bike but other than that im new to bikes. I will be taking the safety course and probably at least a session of private lessons as well. What would everyone recommend in this price range?

Re: what bike to get?
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:02 PM
i myself am going to look at a Yamaha R6 this weekend, but theres always the CBR600, GSXr600, lots of 600cc bikes, google it.

i have the same problem as you, im a big guy. On a lot of bikes ive tried my feet are just too bog, and i have to lift my whole leg to brake or shift down. Or im so tall i look like a circus bear riding a bicycle. It sucks. The R6 is one of the only ones i have found that fits me well.

---

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:19 PM
Im partial to the R6. Ive had 2, and love both dearly!
Just sold my 04, got 7gs canadian for it, I think they go for aroudn 5us... It was my first bike. Fast, handles like nothign on the road and was a head turner:

And of course, the new R6:

Good luck with the decesion!

"Louis, you better watch who you call a child. Because if I'm a child,
that makes you a pedafile, and I'm not gonna stand here and argue
with a pervert" -- Peter Griffin
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:34 PM
CBR600RR FTW!!

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:41 PM
Also what mileage is considered good for a bike?
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 7:36 PM
Mat. i love the new R6!! i almost lost my load over it lol. How much did it set you back if you dont mind me asking? The one im going to look at is blue. But lord knows im partial to silver and those gold wheels look awesome!! youre getting me even more excited to get one lol

---

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 8:26 PM
just going to chime in ... but what options are there for a new bike rider that doesnt want a Sports Bike but also doesnt want a harley or those big heavy cruisers ?????

is there an good medium ??? I think there is a member on here with an old school looking bike that is chromed out and looks real sexy, something like that

Where I work: HP
What I take for Memory and Focus: Focus Fast

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 9:33 PM
1996blackHB wrote:just going to chime in ... but what options are there for a new bike rider that doesnt want a Sports Bike but also doesnt want a harley or those big heavy cruisers ?????

is there an good medium ??? I think there is a member on here with an old school looking bike that is chromed out and looks real sexy, something like that

theres a lot, like the Harley sportster comes to mind, not a big cruiser, but not a sport bike. Or the VRod, or the smaller V-twin Yamaha/Hondas, check out the company websites they should show all the models

---

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 9:35 PM
Tyler Lemburg wrote:Also what mileage is considered good for a bike?

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 10:02 PM
get a gsxr!

WiGM-Tuners member.
Thursday, April 30, 2009 6:33 AM
Chuck: thanks! The new bike so far has costed me about $16gs, maybe a little more, including bike, exhaust, steering stabilizer, wheels and all that. Since the pics, I put my new stock style gold decals on, new grips and just ordered pazzo shorty levers. between the bike and car, I NEED to stop moding! haha

And mileage wise, depends on what you want. I sold my 04 with 10500km on it, which is low for the year I think. Id say 5000km a year is decent. The less the better of course. But id be more concerned with the condition of the bike then mileage. These things are bullit-proof if theyre maintained properly, so find one in great shape with sercive records and it should last you a while

Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:40 AM
my buddy has 56000 miles on his 92 or 93 honda F4 600cc.. thing is MINT

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, April 30, 2009 10:55 AM
zx6r FTMFW

Not unintentionally accelerating since 2009!!!!

Friday, May 01, 2009 4:32 PM
http://www.rickroushmotorsports.com/inventory/listings/l0032.html

this is the one im going to see tomorrow

---

Friday, May 01, 2009 9:50 PM
looks nice, but the missing decals on one side make me wonder what the bike has been through....
its completely stock which is good, but id think its been put back to stock after beining dropped possibly

Friday, May 01, 2009 10:02 PM
KandyMan...Das Deutsche. wrote:zx6r FTMFW

Sunday, May 03, 2009 9:04 PM
Mat Cacciatore wrote:looks nice, but the missing decals on one side make me wonder what the bike has been through....
its completely stock which is good, but id think its been put back to stock after beining dropped possibly

i noticed that too. im gonna try and get a better price because of it if the rest of the bike is in good shape. I didnt get a chance to see it this weekend because i got stuck building a friends patio lol

---

Monday, May 04, 2009 11:22 PM
what do you guys think of this one?

http://www.yamahaofwarren.com/pages/preownedvehicles/viewvehicledetail/77/111/all/1/19525/2006_yamaha_yzfr6vb.aspx

has a little body damage, but its very small. I can definitely live with it and probably get a good price on it. Plus its still under factory warranty so if it turns out something is messed up i can get it fixed. I effing love the raven edition r6

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, May 04, 2009 11:25 PM

---

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 8:31 AM

Why do you even care? If gas mileage even factors into what you buy then you are getting it for the wrong reason. Gas mileage is very dependant on how long you let your bike warm up for and how agressivly you ride it. Just reving it up and doing burnout will come into play. That said I usually have got between 33 and 45 on the bikes I have owned.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 1:49 PM
Wade Jarvis wrote:

Why do you even care? If gas mileage even factors into what you buy then you are getting it for the wrong reason. Gas mileage is very dependant on how long you let your bike warm up for and how aggressively you ride it. Just reving it up and doing burnout will come into play. That said I usually have got between 33 and 45 on the bikes I have owned.

I think you misunderstood. Im not talking about MPG im talking about the bikes Mileage as in odometer reading. I was wanting to know what mileage is considered high mileage.
Monday, May 11, 2009 12:07 AM
ZRX 1200

Monday, May 11, 2009 4:15 PM
BTW i picked up a 2006 raven edition R6 on saturday. Ive had a boner for about 3 days lol. Buuuuut... It wouldnt start this morning. Pretty sure the plugs are fouled. Gonna try cleaning them tomorrow, or if they are really bad ill replace them.

---

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 8:31 AM
I just picked this up last week, It is fast fun and comfortable.
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=6&i=197174&t=197174

She handles like a dream, and I think this is good for a first bike, this is my first bike as well. Im not sure what they are running used, but I got mine new for $5995 After the freight and setup charge. I put $800 down and my payments are only $113 a month

Good luck!

Lanman31337 -F = fatties = do not want. A little chunk in the junk is ok though.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 8:43 AM
well thats not bad. Is that for 4 years im assuming
Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:24 AM
5 years/ 60 months

My car payment for my Cav is up in less than a year, so after thats up I am going to nail out the rest of the bike, I expect the bike to be paid in 2.5 years or so.

Also for that price I put down $800 , and the interest rate for my loan was 7.9 percent. Which I don't think is bad being this is my first loan I've ever taken out on my own/ very minimal credit history.

Lanman31337 -F = fatties = do not want. A little chunk in the junk is ok though.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search