Truck gearing Q? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Truck gearing Q?
Sunday, April 19, 2009 2:41 PM
Ok so I have 315's on my truck and had to program to get the speedo to work right. Well I had to put that I have 33's so does that mean I don't have the stock 4.10 gears that I am supposed to have? I am hoping that they are 4.xx like 4.56 and not 3.xx. If anyone has some insight on this let me know. I am trying to figure out if I will need to re gear for 36's or not.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Re: Truck gearing Q?
Sunday, April 19, 2009 4:26 PM
look in your glovebox and see which one of these is on the RPO list

GT4 -- AXLE REAR, 3.73 RATIO
GT5 -- AXLE REAR, 4.10 RATIO
GU4 -- AXLE REAR, 3.08 RATIO
GU5 -- AXLE REAR, 3.23 RATIO
GU6 -- AXLE REAR, 3.42 RATIO
Sunday, April 19, 2009 4:32 PM
rpo lists 4.10 already checked that one. I am wondering if its possible that the owner before me put gears in when he did the 315's

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Sunday, April 19, 2009 4:40 PM
I doubt it, going from stock to the 315s isnt that big of a diff to really warrant a gear change, especially from 4.10s. My guess is you have the 4.10s, and I wouldn't put re-gearing at the top of my list.
Sunday, April 19, 2009 5:01 PM
i think you missed that i had to program for smaller then what I have and thats why i am wondering if i have taller gears cause of that. I know 315 isnt that big of a jump but going to 36's or 37's I will have to re-gear. I just dont want to find out during install later down the road that I wasited money cause having to program smaller tires then my 315s was a sign of different gears the my rpo code says. Ya know what im trying to say heh.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search