Say hi to the new Bubba Mobile :D - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Say hi to the new Bubba Mobile :D
Tuesday, October 14, 2008 1:10 PM
The cavy is gone, so I decided to go shopping yesterday for a new replacement and came home with this ....

Its a 2005 VW Jetta GLS model, it has 31000 miles, leather interior, power everything, 2.0l motor, sunroof. The car drives great, I cant wait to get to work on her. Yes I know its a 4x4 lol waiting on most of my parts to sell before I pick up a set of Teins ... What do you guys think?

Click Sig for Jersey GM's Official Website

Re: Say hi to the new Bubba Mobile :D
Tuesday, October 14, 2008 1:22 PM
hmmmm vw.... im not sure how i feel about it... i know not all of them are bad and you dont have the 1.8t like my wife, but still....

hope everything goes well and she doesnt give ya too many problem!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 1:53 PM
Sweet a VW!! That's means you can drive like an a-hole! People will think, "Look at that moron, ohhhhh wait he's driving a VW, it's OK"

I'm screwing with ya. Not a VW fan but it's a definite upgrade from a J-body.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 2:03 PM
I actually like it a lot.. Nice buy. Posts some pics of the interior when you get a chance pls.

Quote:

Watching you parade around my bedroom in a thong was a little like watching sea lions mate.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 2:25 PM
Now go get your electronics degree.

Have fun. I had with mine. Ripping out dash and fuses boxes every 2-3 weeks that is.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 2:31 PM
Bubba wrote:The cavy is gone, so I decided to go shopping yesterday for a new replacement and came home with this ....

Its a 2005 VW Jetta GLS model, it has 31000 miles, leather interior, power everything, 2.0l motor, sunroof. The car drives great, I cant wait to get to work on her. Yes I know its a 4x4 lol waiting on most of my parts to sell before I pick up a set of Teins ... What do you guys think?

Not bad minus that its a 2.0l for performance.....

And screw Teins, get the B&Gs or Voglands.

Auto or standard?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Tristatetuners.com
IGOTBANNED.NET
OceanStateDubs.com
Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:13 PM
Godspeed wrote:hmmmm vw.... im not sure how i feel about it... i know not all of them are bad and you dont have the 1.8t like my wife, but still....

hope everything goes well and she doesnt give ya too many problem!

I already plan on building up the motor, so it will see a turbo setup next year. Just waiting on all my J parts to go bye bye so I can pay this off fast and get to work on building her up.

Im aware of the electrical problems but thats not going to stop me for sure.

MiniTransAm/02WS6TA wrote:Sweet a VW!! That's means you can drive like an a-hole! People will think, "Look at that moron, ohhhhh wait he's driving a VW, it's OK"

I'm screwing with ya. Not a VW fan but it's a definite upgrade from a J-body.

Hey I can drive like an @!#$ now WOOT!

I always liked the Jetta I would've preferred a golf gti, vr6, or r32 but I didn't want to keep looking around for one with good mileage.

lone_wolf wrote:I actually like it a lot.. Nice buy. Posts some pics of the interior when you get a chance pls.

Thank you, I'll get pics of the interior probably tonight since that cluster looks tits in the dark.

[quote=¤FactoryPhreak¤]Now go get your electronics degree.

Have fun. I had with mine. Ripping out dash and fuses boxes every 2-3 weeks that is.

Already have my MECP . As I said before Im aware of the electrical problems, its not going to stop me. It'll just put a few bumps in the road.

Str8edgez24 wrote: Not bad minus that its a 2.0l for performance.....

And screw Teins, get the B&Gs or Voglands.

Auto or standard?

The 2.0l is going to stay, I'll just work on it since I don't feel like dropping alot of money into the car. I like the teins they give a really good drive at least in J's they do. Most likely I'll be going to MJM to pick up the suspension along with other goodies. And its a Auto, I do alot of driving in NYC so manual wouldn't be nice nor comfortable there.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:39 PM
Bubba wrote:The 2.0l is going to stay, I'll just work on it since I don't feel like dropping alot of money into the car. I like the teins they give a really good drive at least in J's they do. Most likely I'll be going to MJM to pick up the suspension along with other goodies. And its a Auto, I do alot of driving in NYC so manual wouldn't be nice nor comfortable there.

Still look into the Voglands and B&Gs.... much better coil overs. For springs.... yea Tein, or even H&R cup kit

Tristatetuners.com
IGOTBANNED.NET
OceanStateDubs.com
Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:57 PM
Str8edgez24 wrote:
Bubba wrote:The 2.0l is going to stay, I'll just work on it since I don't feel like dropping alot of money into the car. I like the teins they give a really good drive at least in J's they do. Most likely I'll be going to MJM to pick up the suspension along with other goodies. And its a Auto, I do alot of driving in NYC so manual wouldn't be nice nor comfortable there.

Still look into the Voglands and B&Gs.... much better coil overs. For springs.... yea Tein, or even H&R cup kit

Yea MJM has B&G RS Line coilovers for a very good price, 1200 which isnt that bad at all. And with a 4.5" drop, I probably will go with those since they sound promising. Probably going to have to cut up the stock struts to put them on though. Since the pics show now mounting base for them.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 4:24 PM

congrats on the new car

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008 4:42 PM
99redz24 wrote:

congrats on the new car

x2
personally wouldnt be my first pic even in a crunch for a car. havent really seen any thing good from vw since the original beetle but eh hope u got better luck with this sedan then u did with the cav.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 4:54 PM
thank you lol, good thing I know how to work on car electrical than

Plus I wasn't on a pinch for a car. I went to a GM dealership looking for a new 09 malibu they had advertised for 18k and a 09 Impala they had listed for 16k but it was all bs. With loyalties, previous lease, etc. wasn't worth the time nor patients. I went to Toyota next to pick up a tC but they didn't have the color I wanted. Then I saw this Jetta and fell in love with the car. It was the color I always wanted, and pretty much everything I wanted in a car. I knew exactly what I was getting into when I bought this car, but knowing myself I doubt I'll have much problems with the car, maybe just a few bumps but its a hell of a step up from the cavy.

Anyway here is more pics.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 6:17 PM
I didn't even know you could get a 2.slow in the jettas.... Only ever seen VR's or 1.8T's...

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Wednesday, October 15, 2008 12:05 AM
Grats man. I've always been a huge fan of the Jetta. Sorry you're getting so much criticism here. I know it's all in good faith, but I hope it's not bothering you. Car looks great and the interior is hot.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008 12:48 AM
interior is great

exterior is mundane

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 5:50 AM
JerseyJayLN2 (Scarab) wrote:I didn't even know you could get a 2.slow in the jettas.... Only ever seen VR's or 1.8T's...

Its the base model engine. Comes in the Jettas and Golfs. Pretty much a bullet proof motor as long as you don't get wild with mods too.

Tristatetuners.com
IGOTBANNED.NET
OceanStateDubs.com
Wednesday, October 15, 2008 7:11 AM
JerseyJayLN2 (Scarab) wrote:I didn't even know you could get a 2.slow in the jettas.... Only ever seen VR's or 1.8T's...

SHHHH YOU!!!! lol , I gotta talk to you and Goce since I know you two know about VW's

Hellion179 wrote:Grats man. I've always been a huge fan of the Jetta. Sorry you're getting so much criticism here. I know it's all in good faith, but I hope it's not bothering you. Car looks great and the interior is hot.

Thank you, I knew the criticism was going to happen it always does...but I couldn't give a damn ...

indibluemini3 (aka navycav3) wrote:interior is great

exterior is mundane

The interior I love, comfy as hell compared to the J.... The exterior I agree is mundane, once I get all my crap sold from the jbody, I plan of getting a lip kit, B&G coilovers since they look good(been reading the VW forums all day), Limo tint, and rims. Than I start my retrofit on the jetta headlights and basically start working on the motor a lil bit.

Str8edgez24 wrote:

Its the base model engine. Comes in the Jettas and Golfs. Pretty much a bullet proof motor as long as you don't get wild with mods too.

I do plan on getting the motor built for boost, and if push comes to shove I'll grab a 1.8t. Just gotta read up more and see if its swappable with the transmission I have.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 9:48 AM
A bit confused why you just didn't go 1.8T from the get-go, but congrats either way!

Personally I would of skipped the BS altogether and got the same gen GLI like Scotty's? on here. 1.8t, dropped, lips, 18" BBS wheels, mint!

Best of luck anyhow! You're happy, I'm happy.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:03 AM
the 1.8T trans and the 2.0 trans are different from what a couple people told me, but Darkstars would be the best person to ask that.

If you do boost, s/c it..... but thats just a personal prefence for FI.

And yea, the GLI looks tits with the lip kit, and lowered. Those BBS rims I think are OEM rims for VW.

Tristatetuners.com
IGOTBANNED.NET
OceanStateDubs.com
Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:08 AM
Joe Schulte wrote:A bit confused why you just didn't go 1.8T from the get-go, but congrats either way!

Personally I would of skipped the BS altogether and got the same gen GLI like Scotty's? on here. 1.8t, dropped, lips, 18" BBS wheels, mint!

Best of luck anyhow! You're happy, I'm happy.

The reason I didnt go with the 1.8t(gli/gti) is everyone of them that is for sale around here has over 60K miles and I didn't want to spend over $18k for it. And if I did want to spend over 18k I would drop another 3k and pick up a r32 . I would've loved to get a GLI like Scotty's but cash is tight right now and so far everyone who said they were going to buy parts either backed out or I haven't heard back yet from them. My plan was to use what ever money I get from the parts, to pay off the car since I only owe $10k on it, and with all the parts sold Im basically in the clear to start working on this car.

But thanks Im extremely happy with this car, just cant wait to get to work on it. I have alot of plans already first and for most is tint and a drop.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 1:32 PM
I wouldn't even bother trying to make that engine fast.. That extra 3k for the R32 might have been worth it I think..

I like the interior but I think that's about it.

Still a VW though, much love <3 .

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 1:47 PM
Scotty B wrote:I wouldn't even bother trying to make that engine fast.. That extra 3k for the R32 might have been worth it I think..

I like the interior but I think that's about it.

Still a VW though, much love

True the r32 is sex on wheels, but the closest one to me was in Hicksville and it has 48k miles going for close to 24k... Too much for my blood lol. And the new models I hate with a passion they are @!#$ ugly.

I read somethings about the 2.0 hitting upwards of 400hp on the VW forums. If thats the case I really dont mind it at all lol. And a lot of them stated its pretty easy to get to 290hp with them which is more than enough for me, since its not going to be a track whore.

Give me till the spring time once all this crap from teh J is gone I'll have a crap load of updates

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 2:01 PM
Nice buy

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 4:08 PM
Well good luck on the build. You could always make it a GLI clone and buy the parts, they are cheap enough. Wheels would be the most costly.. Its a shame you have an auto and that power will be lost in there =/ 6 speed would have been sooo much better.

Ill keep a look out for your updates. I hope to continue with mine, I would like to fix some small issues with the car cosmetic wise before I up the power band anymore.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 4:44 PM
I was thinking of going with GLI parts, but I might just go and pick up the Votex kit since I like the way it looks

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search