Camaro Pricing OUT!!! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Camaro Pricing OUT!!!
Sunday, October 12, 2008 11:26 PM
Well, just the pricing for the base models but still some idea as to what they'll cost!
GM News FTW!

Quote:

DETROIT – Chevrolet today announced pricing for the all-new, 2010 Camaro. It starts at $22,995 MSRP for the V-6-powered LS model, and $30,995 for the V-8-powered Camaro SS (all prices include $750 destination charge). Customer ordering opened on Oct. 13, with production scheduled to start in first quarter of 2009.

“The wait is almost over,” said Ed Peper, GM North America vice president, Chevrolet. “The return of the Camaro gives sports car enthusiasts a reason to rejoice. It’s a 21 st century sports car with a distinctly American legacy.

* Student of the University of Oklahoma. Go Sooners!

Re: Camaro Pricing OUT!!!
Sunday, October 12, 2008 11:41 PM
Not bad.

except 30'gs for a ss when the mustang starts at 25

i guess 100 more hp is better .....

i heard something about ford offering a 400hp 6.xL v8, i would like to know pricing on that.

But anyways cheby ftw

Monday, October 13, 2008 3:14 AM
The $25,000 mustang has an outdated rear suspension and matches the horsepower in the v6 Camaro but not fuel economy or price.

Monday, October 13, 2008 5:25 AM
Yeah that's not too bad. About what the old F-bodies were going for before they killed them.

Monday, October 13, 2008 6:30 AM
Whoever buys the V-6-powered one I will personally go to their house and smack them around.

Not a bad price though on them!

Monday, October 13, 2008 6:46 AM
Tribals wrote:Whoever buys the V-6-powered one I will personally go to their house and smack them around.

Why? It's a pretty good price for one sick V6 in my opinion. It it fit my lifestyle (and climate) a little better I'd definitely look into one as a daily driver.

Brian

Monday, October 13, 2008 7:15 AM
James Larsen wrote:Well, just the pricing for the base models but still some idea as to what they'll cost!
GM News FTW!

Quote:

DETROIT – Chevrolet today announced pricing for the all-new, 2010 Camaro. It starts at $22,995 MSRP for the V-6-powered LS model, and $30,995 for the V-8-powered Camaro SS (all prices include $750 destination charge). Customer ordering opened on Oct. 13, with production scheduled to start in first quarter of 2009.

“The wait is almost over,” said Ed Peper, GM North America vice president, Chevrolet. “The return of the Camaro gives sports car enthusiasts a reason to rejoice. It’s a 21 st century sports car with a distinctly American legacy.

Um, you mean $30,000+ for the V6 LS model and $50,000+ for the V8 SS. The dealers will mark-up and rape the consumer on these so bad they won't sell for the suggeseted price for at least 2 years.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Monday, October 13, 2008 7:19 AM
haha true....I remember when that happened with the PT Losers a few years back.

Brian

Monday, October 13, 2008 7:30 AM
Jookycola wrote:
James Larsen wrote:Well, just the pricing for the base models but still some idea as to what they'll cost!
GM News FTW!

Quote:

Um, you mean $30,000+ for the V6 LS model and $50,000+ for the V8 SS. The dealers will mark-up and rape the consumer on these so bad they won't sell for the suggeseted price for at least 2 years.

accually no its MSRP meaning the dealer price the dealers are fee to move that around a little but not 20 000 bucks not a bad price at all will be a little more in canada but its still within a far price

the mustang wont hurt these sales at all the only cr that will is the challenger since there both new models mustang is old and now and out of date

JBO since July 30, 2001
Monday, October 13, 2008 8:19 AM
Stephen wrote:Not bad.

except 30'gs for a ss when the mustang starts at 25

i guess 100 more hp is better .....

i heard something about ford offering a 400hp 6.xL v8, i would like to know pricing on that.

But anyways cheby ftw

If you think about its, its a pretty good pricing point. 400hp for just over $30k? The G8 GT/GXP should be/are priced around the same point as well. Its no steal, but its not like you are getting raped on pricing either

---------------------------------------------------------------
Tristatetuners.com
IGOTBANNED.NET
OceanStateDubs.com
Monday, October 13, 2008 8:23 AM
Tribals wrote:Whoever buys the V-6-powered one I will personally go to their house and smack them around.

I'm getting the V-6 and some day going to add a TVS supercharger.

Monday, October 13, 2008 2:09 PM
NOTa2_4 wrote:
Jookycola wrote:
GM News FTW!

Quote:

accually no its MSRP meaning the dealer price the dealers are fee to move that around a little but not 20 000 bucks not a bad price at all will be a little more in canada but its still within a far price [

Not completely true. When the all new 300ZX came out in 1990 the retailed for $30,000 loaded. A stealer in my area of L.A. had it priced at $63,000. IN 1990!
Loaded PT Cruizer Limiteds sold for $50,000 in the metro Detroit area for at least a year after launch.

A dealer can ask whatever they want for a car the manufactuer has no say.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Monday, October 13, 2008 2:26 PM
I'd love to have a v6 Camaro (yeah I know not a big surprise coming from a guy with a v6 Mustang) but 300 horses would be a big boost above anything in my car collection right now. I guess I'll have to wait until the Sonata, the Mustang or both are paid off. Maybe by that time pricing will down to Earth as I do expect some dealer mark up.
Monday, October 13, 2008 5:23 PM
damn, i was hoping they'd start more around 19k. oh well. i still want one--YES, THE V6--just have to talk the wife in to it.

i can't afford the gas or insurance on the V8, plus, a 250+hp V6 that gets decent fuel mileage is good stuff.

GO PATS!!!
Monday, October 13, 2008 6:04 PM
my dad ordered his today. $37,500. he got a few options on his. short shifter. stripe package. and its the 2ss package with the 6spd. black with the cyber gray hockey stripe down the side. 20" wheels. gonna get the dealer catback when it comes out as well as the performance intake and the headers gonna be pretty sweet. wont start making them til feb though...

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 2:34 AM
3 weeks ago a Ford dealer was advertising their brand-new 2008 Mustang GTs for $19,995. Camaro might be more advanced, but at this moment, it is not an enough reason for me to shell out an extra $11K for it.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 6:58 AM
Just messing with you guys about the V6

Me personally....I would never get a v6 Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, etc......hell I wish I would have went with the 454ci in my Camaro.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:47 PM
Damn... Chevy's not making it easy.

Mustang is cheapest, but it has the lamest V6 and the GT version is barely better. Still, it's a good quality car and it's a handsome ride. You could do worse and if there's nothing to be ashamed of if all your budget allows is the Ford.

Challenger's more expensive than the Stang, but it's insanely pretty and has a very very nice Hemi in the R/T, although it's way too expensive in SRT8 form. The V6 is nice and smooth and comfortable but am not sure that's what you want in a musclecar. Still, the SE and R/T are bargains for what you get.

Camaro's even more expensive, but you get more too. A base 300hp V6 that'll put the Mustang GT to shame and handling that will almost surely be better than every other Camaro made since 1967. (On a side note to the V6 haters, the 300hp V6 is more powerful than every engine put in a Camaro except for the COPO cars and the later SLP and LS1 powered cars, and even then only barely.)

I'm glad to be waiting until 2010 to decide on a new car, I'll tell you that much.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008 7:18 PM
if i had to choose between the base model challenger or camaro, hands down the challenger gets my $. much better looking IMO

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 9:23 PM
(tabs) wrote:if i had to choose between the base model challenger or camaro, hands down the challenger gets my $. much better looking IMO

good thing thats an opinion haha

the local challenger is up to $51K right now.
my dad ordered his for $37K yesterday. the nice thing is my dad got away with a 6 spd and no fake cf vinyl on the hood. if i was spending $50K plus on a car it better have real carbon fiber and not cheap interrior. but agreeing with you by stating this is IMO!

Thursday, October 16, 2008 11:22 AM
Vincent Morris wrote:
(tabs) wrote:if i had to choose between the base model challenger or camaro, hands down the challenger gets my $. much better looking IMO

good thing thats an opinion haha

the local challenger is up to $51K right now.
my dad ordered his for $37K yesterday. the nice thing is my dad got away with a 6 spd and no fake cf vinyl on the hood. if i was spending $50K plus on a car it better have real carbon fiber and not cheap interrior. but agreeing with you by stating this is IMO!

right and we can save$$ to mod it to look better and more characterized at that way. Camaro all the way!

Monday, October 20, 2008 6:23 AM
Oh mercy...Hmmm...gonna have think this one through!!

2SS/RS with some factory (dealer) installed performance options...oh my!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Monday, October 20, 2008 8:15 AM
31k for an SS, oh man its going to be hard not to get one of these

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, October 20, 2008 10:30 AM
I'd totally go for the V6 Camaro, assuming that it is available with a manual trans. It's still plenty fast, and I pretty much spend all my time on jammed city streets, so it's more about style than speed and top performance. I've pretty much hated everything about my Jbody since I got it, but I think it is the most attractive compact car ever sold here, so that keeps me in it. As long as the Cararo handles the corners nice, and has enough pep to get me around (which with 300hp it will) than I am happy.
Monday, October 20, 2008 9:07 PM
BlueDeuce wrote:Oh mercy...Hmmm...gonna have think this one through!!

2SS/RS with some factory (dealer) installed performance options...oh my!

thats the package we got i believe. we got the interrior package and short shifter from the factory, and once the headers, catback and intake come out as the performance accesories, then we will be getting those too haha

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search