German Engineering (VW Routan & Passat CC) - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
German Engineering (VW Routan & Passat CC)
Friday, October 10, 2008 9:05 PM
Well I'm sure alot of people have the new with Brooke Shields for VW and the new Routan (the Volkswagon mini-van) were they talk about how lots of families are having babies so they have a reason to buy German engineering ect...

there many short commercials taken from the full clip

They are officially on sale and we've had them coming in for a couple weeks now. The "German Engineering" they talk so highly about is a Chrysler Town and Country. It comes with a 3.8L or 4.0L Chrysler engine, Chrysler automatic trans, the nav system has a slight problem they are working on.... all the Chrysler dealers are pre stored instead of the VW dealers LOL, hell we even have to get a Chrysler scan tool because it doesn't have any VW electronics. In fact the only thing that's german engineered about it is the logos on the front and rear, the look of the front grill, and the suspension that VW spent an ass load of money to design..... well and the price tag, about $45,000 for a loaded mini van.

Now the van in general isn't bad. You can get it with heated leather throughout, the the navigation unit has a DVD player built in that will play movies in park, there is a second dvd player that you can play to the 2 rear fold down screens (with audio that plays through wireless headphones and has a remote for the dvd player) or you can play through all 3 screens with the audio through the stereo. The rear stow and go seats fold up but the high end one has motorized seats, hit a button and they fold them self up into the floor and come back out etc.. RCA inputs in the rear, hell there is a voice recognition button you on the nav unit that lets you talk to the radio, you tell it am/fm/satellite cd, the station or preset you want, just tell it and goes to it.

Problem is it feels cheap. The center consil is removable and plastic, installed its a rickety piece of @!#$, on the rear panels where the power outlets are, the whole panel flexes from pressing the cover onto the power outlet. The storage covers and doors feel cheap and fragile. Its like puting a some nice seats and an entertainment system in a turd and selling it for $45K

Anyways, that's my "German Engineered" rant

Sell it for it is.

On the subject of German engineered...

The new Passat CC, we just got the first shipment of them a few days ago, I have to say that's the first VW I have ever wanted. Very nice car. CC stand for comfort coupe, its basically meant to be a 4 door coupe. It has a low sleek roof line, real streamline looking, its only a 4 seater (no 3 person bench in the rear) no more chrome grill- its color matched, there's no badges on it besides the VW emblem in the front and rear, the rear view camera is a completely hidden when not in use, the windows have no frame around the glass.

IMHO it looks better in person then in pics...

If the new 2.0 TSI engine proves to be a little more reliable then the 2.0 FSI of the past few years this car might be the first thing VW has done right in a long time.

Re: German Engineering (VW Routan & Passat CC)
Friday, October 10, 2008 9:13 PM
oh one more thing to add about the Routan..... VW adds $1500 into your Upromise account for buying a Routan which is pretty cool.

Friday, October 10, 2008 10:52 PM
Agreed.

And with chrysler giving up to 50% off cars, there's a chance you could get a TandC for half the price of a Routan.
Also one of the techs also pointed out how little headroom there was.
Yet somehow our dealership already sold one days after a couple came in.

Now the CC I like also, feels a little better than the regular passats. The exterior is different and slightly stunning
(the GF said she really liked it not even knowing what it was)

Saturday, October 11, 2008 1:12 AM
Routan.. ROFL.. A local dealership here in Canada was letting a T&C go for 25k FULLY loaded to the tits. THE decision is an easy one.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Saturday, October 11, 2008 1:14 AM
TO boot, our local GM dealer has a loaded Uplander for 15,995, and a one year old loaded SV6 for 13,995..... I really fail to see how anyone could be so stupid and buy the Routan.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Saturday, October 11, 2008 2:02 AM
Routan pics found here....
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=6&i=172867&t=172867#172867

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Saturday, October 11, 2008 6:51 AM
i like the passat. looks sporty. the front looks like an acura and the rear looks like a high end luxury car in the first picture.

Saturday, October 11, 2008 11:01 AM
Darkstars wrote:well and the price tag, about $45,000 for a loaded mini van.

CC is sexy

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Saturday, October 11, 2008 12:16 PM
I love the CC. Just got a handle full of them in at work. Such a beautiful car!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Saturday, October 11, 2008 4:44 PM
HaHa

"even reverse vasectomy."

...."Hey, i never reversed anything."

LOL
that was classic.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 12:49 PM
Im kinda surprised I didnt see something about this post till now.

I find it rather amusing and the CC is a sexy mofo

Satch Timeline Progress Thread
JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:40 PM
The CC is an absolutly sexy car.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Tristatetuners.com
IGOTBANNED.NET
OceanStateDubs.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search