VW Diverter valve removal -- Tuning? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
VW Diverter valve removal -- Tuning?
Wednesday, October 08, 2008 10:20 AM
I want to say I saw somewhere that when you remove one of the VW diverter valves, that the car has to be tuned when a BOV is installed in place of this.

Can someone confirm this? Maybe with a link to a VW website would be very beneficial. Thanks.

Re: VW Diverter valve removal -- Tuning?
Wednesday, October 08, 2008 2:14 PM
From what I have read on vwvortex.com if you install a bov your vw will hate you. The bov dumps air into the atmosphere, where as the dv dumps it back into the system.

You can buy a bov and an adapter to make the air dump back into the system if your just looking for the "psshh" sound. I did a bit of research before making my choice, alot of people had issues with the car running like total crap after a bov install.

As for having to re-tune the car.. Why bother, both do the same function. One just has a louder "psshh" sound.

I have a forge 007 dv, perfect.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 3:23 PM
Scotty is right, you dump it the car will get pissed, recirculate it and your set.

Thursday, October 09, 2008 5:16 PM
its not something I am personally doing. But I just wanted reassurance that what i thought i head was true.

We have an issue with a kid saying our work is shotty because he keeps blowing the welds on a crappy manifold that we've tried to patch for him. I know for a fact he's upgraded the turbo, added a BOV, and other raised the boost.

I have a feeling that his car isn't even tuned after doing all that and is under the assumption " the car was turbo'd stock, it doesn't need to be re-tuned" kind of attitude.

Since we boosted his Hayabusa, and he washed the piston rings right out of the motor. But then sold the GTi to another kid who is blaming us for all these issues he's getting.

long story, but thanks for the feed back guys.

Thursday, October 09, 2008 7:14 PM
sounds just like the subaru's when they put on a new bov and dont recirc, then it runs rich because its not getting that air anymore, and it runs like @!#$.

Thursday, October 09, 2008 8:10 PM
Add calculated fuel for calculated air, then take away some air without knowing it's missing causes a rich condition.

Friday, October 10, 2008 6:40 AM
Cody@RDFabs.com wrote:its not something I am personally doing. But I just wanted reassurance that what i thought i head was true.

We have an issue with a kid saying our work is shotty because he keeps blowing the welds on a crappy manifold that we've tried to patch for him. I know for a fact he's upgraded the turbo, added a BOV, and other raised the boost.

I have a feeling that his car isn't even tuned after doing all that and is under the assumption " the car was turbo'd stock, it doesn't need to be re-tuned" kind of attitude.

Since we boosted his Hayabusa, and he washed the piston rings right out of the motor. But then sold the GTi to another kid who is blaming us for all these issues he's getting.

long story, but thanks for the feed back guys.

Was the car at least chipped? What turbo was installed?

Also, tell him to just use a DV Valve. Friend has this one.. http://store.anchormotorsports.com/hyperboostcompact.html

You don't get the cool noise... but the car won't hate you either.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Tristatetuners.com
IGOTBANNED.NET
OceanStateDubs.com
Friday, October 10, 2008 12:52 PM
warranty is not transferable , sorry have a nice day ! lol

Friday, October 10, 2008 2:33 PM
my forge 007 and my intake sounds just like a bov if your looking for the sound.. I however was looking for the performance.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search