Honda Insight Concept Hybrid & under $20K - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Honda Insight Concept Hybrid & under $20K
Tuesday, October 07, 2008 4:48 PM
Honda officially showed its new Prius fighter, the Insight hybrid concept car, at the Paris motor show.The gas-electric car will be seen in production form at the Detroit auto show next year, and it goes on sale in spring 2009. The Insight’s power comes from a 1.3-liter gasoline engine paired with an electric motor to save on fuel and emissions. Honda’s hybrid system also has lost weight, further improving its efficiency.
The hybrid Insight and the Honda Clarity share the same design language. Both are five-passenger family sedans, but the Insight has a rear hatch. It should carry an affordable base price and figures to be a good choice for families considering a hybrid. Honda says the Insight marks the beginning of a new phase in its hybrid-vehicle strategy. That includes the new Civic Hybrid, the Concept CR-Z and a new compact hybrid. Honda expects to sell 500,000 hybrids annually. The original Insight was released in 1999 as a two-door, two-passenger hybrid vehicle. Recently, the cars have become hot property on Internet auction blocks for their fuel economy.
Honda also announced that the 2009-10 Insight hybrid will be priced below $19,000, meaning it will get the same fuel economy as the larger Civic Hybrid but will cost less ($23,500).

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: Honda Insight Concept Hybrid & under $20K
Tuesday, October 07, 2008 4:52 PM
from the side and rear it looks almost exactly like a prius...

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Tuesday, October 07, 2008 5:10 PM
^ Bingo.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 5:55 PM
i'd say this looks more like a CRX than a Prius.

i kinda dig it

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 8:20 PM
JerseyJayLN2 (Scarab) wrote:from the side and rear it looks almost exactly like a prius...

I agree... looks almost the same save for a few details like tail lights and such
Tuesday, October 07, 2008 8:22 PM
better looking than the Prius but still kinda ugly. Why can't they design either a 2 door hybrid or ones that didn't have an ugly rear end

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 8:52 PM
I see the 8th gen civic sedan, and the prius all in one.......

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Tuesday, October 07, 2008 9:41 PM
Of corse its going to look like a Prius... have you seen the numbers CD numbers for the prius? I want to say it was in the top 5 most aerodynamic (lowest coefficient of drag) passenger vehicles ever made (the Insight was even better). When the whole basis of the car is to maximize MPG's they are going to stick with aerodynamic designs... even if its an unappealing design.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 8:56 AM
The01Cav wrote:I see the 8th gen civic sedan, and the prius all in one.......

Yep, Civic front on a Prius body with the older Insight rear. Does look much better than a Prius in my opinion. Should be a good seller for Honda.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 9:01 AM
I think it's hot! ...and I'm not even a fan of Honda really

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 1:02 PM
That looks a 100x nicer than the plain bland looking Prius.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 1:14 PM
Love the looks and love the fact they're making it affordable too.

Quote:

Watching you parade around my bedroom in a thong was a little like watching sea lions mate.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 4:08 PM
This is what I wish GM would understand, this is what ppl want, an affordable, reliable and gas thrifty car

Not a 40-50k Volt that doesnt really deliver that much greater results

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 6:51 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:This is what I wish GM would understand, this is what ppl want, an affordable, reliable and gas thrifty car

Not a 40-50k Volt that doesnt really deliver that much greater results

I agree with you there.. Unless the Volt sells for around that same price, I predict another massive fail for GM.

Quote:

Watching you parade around my bedroom in a thong was a little like watching sea lions mate.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 7:45 PM
Why does hybrid = hatchback???

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 11:23 PM
people want to buy an ugly ass car so everyone else knows they're driving a hybrid. make them look like regular cars already

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Wednesday, October 08, 2008 11:50 PM
Ryan already brought up the fact that the Prius and Insight have very very little drag, and the fact that drag hurts MPG, and that hybrids are built for the soul purpose of maximizing MPG..... I guess you just read the first post and skipped to the reply button? lol

I agree that they are not pretty cars. I don't like the Prius or the Insight. But if i was getting a new car just to get good gas mileage and be a reliable vehicle, it would be... well probably a Fit, but if i REALLY wanted the best gas mileage, I would drive the Insight.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Thursday, October 09, 2008 7:20 PM
I can't really put my finger on any one thing but I like the design of the Insight and could see myself owning one if it was a viable option.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search