2010 Chevrolet Camaro V-6 - First Drive Review - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2010 Chevrolet Camaro V-6 - First Drive Review
Tuesday, August 26, 2008 4:02 AM
Review

discuss

Re: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro V-6 - First Drive Review
Tuesday, August 26, 2008 4:28 AM
Its different. i like it. but not really into the whole v6. if i buy a camaro it have to have a v8. just my thought...
Tuesday, August 26, 2008 12:53 PM
Not bad for a 6cyl and atleast it is faster than the Mustang 6cyl but who really cares? It is still a 6cyl and will still be bought by the mid-life crisis crowd that bought previous 6cyl stangs and camaros. They buy them because of the name and look or the cheaper price so like I said in the end who really cares?

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 9:26 PM
Wade Jarvis wrote:Not bad for a 6cyl and atleast it is faster than the Mustang 6cyl but who really cares? It is still a 6cyl and will still be bought by the mid-life crisis crowd that bought previous 6cyl stangs and camaros. They buy them because of the name and look or the cheaper price so like I said in the end who really cares?

Well not really Wade.
I'm looking at the G35, e46 M3's as my next car (also to a lesser extent CTS-V's) both those cars are awesome performers with potent sixers. But now along comes this Camaro sporting the same power in a much cooler wraping at around the same price. Now i might look at Camaro RS's too. Not because it's cheaper, $30+k isn't exactly cheap. But mostly because for everyday use 300hp is more than enough. And this car now steps into the market i was looking at already.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Thursday, August 28, 2008 2:13 AM
Not to mention that the G35 is somewhat what GM was going after. GM was looking to make solid GT type car, not a dragster whom only knows straight lines.
Thursday, August 28, 2008 5:59 AM
Wish they would have went with a 300hp LNF. Don't the V6 models of this niche outsell the v8 models anyway?
If there is aftermarket support for the v6 (turbo, s/c, and/or tuning), its going to be one hell of a ride. Where would 15psi out of a GT40 put this thing? 450-500hp?
In anycase, I hope this car sells well for GM, they need a break, lol.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 9:50 AM
Exactly. In the past everyone dogged the V6 model of any muscle car because it was true they were the vastly underpowered cheaper alternative. But 300hp is not pathetic by any means.

Today’s V6 muscle cars are STILL faster than their 1960's and 70's V8 counterparts stock for stock. So call someone looking at a V6 model cheap or having a mid-life crisis is out dated and ignorant thinking. A 300hp RWD GT is a hot seller; Nissan & BMW are selling cars set up like this fairly well for $30,000 and up.

It's plenty of horsepower for day to day driving and plenty to mash on the pedal as you go on an on ramp launch or whipping around an old country back road.. If I were going to drag race every man, woman and grand mother I see on the road on my way to work or the grocery store to satisfy a small penis I would totally get a V8 Camaro. But since my penis is already huge all I need is a nice looking car to get me and my large schlong where I have to go, and allow me some fun on an open road every once in a while.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Thursday, August 28, 2008 3:53 PM
Does the Camaro not have 2 v6 engine options ? .. THis being the higher end of the 2.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Thursday, August 28, 2008 3:56 PM
I agree, at a net 300hp the new Camaro's V6 is more powerful than almost every single Camaro since Chevrolet started making the damn thing. Save for a handful of super rare, super expensive cars like the 1969 COPO 427 and ZL1s and late 90's SLP fourth gens.

The new V6 will outrun and outhandle almost any old Camaro. What more do you want? For it to teleport strippers in your appartment?
Thursday, August 28, 2008 7:21 PM
Knoxfire wrote:For it to teleport strippers in your appartment?
I talked to GM's design team and that's coming in the 2014 model

11 speaker JL Audio stereo setup for sale:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/audio/52021/

Thursday, August 28, 2008 10:07 PM
OHV notec wrote:
Knoxfire wrote:For it to teleport strippers in your appartment?
I talked to GM's design team and that's coming in the 2014 model

Well, that does it. Looks like i'm waiting for the 2012 model then.
And i agree, 300hp to rear wheels is no joke. It may have been uncool to drive a V6 camaro in the underpowered 80's. But it's a whole new ball game this time around and i can't see my self crammed into a little G35/G37 when the Camaro oozes badassness, matches HP, and has room to be comfortable. The V8 is the bomb choice but i have a feeling GM won't be able to give them away after the initial launch. We live in the times of $4+ gas, after the novelty of the new Camro wears off and all the people that want a V8 model get one....there won't be a demand.

2007 Corvette Z51 | Suzuki Swift GTi SCCA racer | 2008 Edge

Friday, August 29, 2008 2:38 AM
Yes, rental companies will devour them, just like they do Cobalts.
It can't beat the 350Z, let alone the upcoming 330+HP 370Z for this fall's unveiling. Basically because these things are a porker.
Heck after test-tracking the Hyundai Genesis, I can't imagine how the 2 door will be, especially when stacked up againts this V6 Camaro.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search