Small update on the Fit - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Small update on the Fit
Monday, August 25, 2008 8:12 PM
If you didn't know already I came out form lunch to find out I was the victim of a hit and run

Well it went to the body shop for its appointment Thursday (actually used the night drop Wednesday). They said they would need it all day Thursday and I could get it Friday night but they called friday saying there was a delay and it would be Monday instead and for the delay they would remove the front plate and fill the holes in the bumper for no extra charge..... originally when buying the car they had to do a dealer trade to get me what I wanted, they tried to find me one without a front plate but the one within a few hundred miles they would not give up. So I had to settle for a premounted plate When I went for the estimate I was hoping they were gonna say they had to replace the bumper but they said they would fix it. When I filled out the night drop envelope I put in the comment section if for whatever reason they had to replace the bumper to not put the front plate on the new bumper, that's where they came up with the idea to shave the plate bracket for me. Definitely worth the delay (and the $100 deductible) in my opinion.

Anyways, as soon as it hit the driveway I snapped a pic.

Then I decided why not start taking it back apart

and a random pic of some cleaning stuff since I cleaned and reorganized the garage today, can you tell what brand I prefer

Why did I decide to take my bumper off?

Oracle 3000K HID's for the foglights

All done (sorry no night pics yet)

Re: Small update on the Fit
Monday, August 25, 2008 8:18 PM
looks sweet guy... cant wait for some night shots... looks a ton better without the plate holes there too... i love that car!

Monday, August 25, 2008 8:44 PM
I don't know if I trust aftermarket HID kits. That case probably cost more than the actual kit.

[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] coach built xj  ( o   \[][][][][][][]/  o ) hid wj
Monday, August 25, 2008 8:50 PM
Lifetime warranty

Monday, August 25, 2008 9:22 PM
Glad you got the damage fixed and looks even better now with the filled in plate holes. I bet the HID yellow fogs look awesome, I love my regular yellow bulbs. Anyway, I love this car...

Monday, August 25, 2008 9:45 PM
uh huh, front plates suck teh big ens. looks 10x the vehicle it did for that one tiny detail.

Monday, August 25, 2008 10:03 PM
Stupid States and our front license plate laws!

Monday, August 25, 2008 10:57 PM
Nice
Where'd ya get the hid kit?

-Seth

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:28 AM
Atk2008 wrote:Glad you got the damage fixed and looks even better now with the filled in plate holes. I bet the HID yellow fogs look awesome, I love my regular yellow bulbs. Anyway, I love this car...

thanks

not sure how they look yet, I haven't driven at night.
z yaaaa wrote:uh huh, front plates suck teh big ens. looks 10x the vehicle it did for that one tiny detail.

I agree I like it alot more... there still will be a front plate though. See that little circle on the bumper on the passenger side... you pop that off and there are threads for the tow hook to screw into the frame rail/main bumper. I'm gonna go buy a spare to hook (they are only $6 from Honda) and basically make a plate bracket, cut the hook off the tow hook and weld the bracket to it. That way I pop the cover off and thread the license plate right in when I want it and unscrew the plate off and put the cover back on when I want it off

That's the plan anyway but I'm @!#$ lazy so who knows how long it'll take, chances are I'll get a fix it ticket eventually and that will motivate me to finally do it. LOL

wizkiddrummer wrote:Nice
Where'd ya get the hid kit?

-Seth

a GP on another forum

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:44 AM
Nice!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 12:46 PM
nice I still wanna race you with the pocket bike

Satch Timeline Progress Thread
JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 12:46 PM
Kind of off tpoic but oh well. What are you using for bug/tar remover. The best stuff I have ever come accross is Turtle Wax bug and tar remover. You should give it a shot if you have not already.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 1:18 PM
Yummy. Looks good man. Hopefully nothing else will happen to it except good things

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 1:38 PM
For me this has to be the best looking FIT ever.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 4:24 PM
i dig it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search