2009 Honda Civic - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2009 Honda Civic
Wednesday, August 20, 2008 11:58 PM
Some have a comparison of the 2009 vs.2008.

Changes are minor, including a new bumper that now incorporates three air intakes, a slightly restyled grille, and a new headlight color combination. Together these give the Civic's front end a slightly bolder look, while revised taillights now feature clear turn indicators and amber bulbs. All 2009 sedans also receive a new chrome trim piece above the rear license-plate holder, while the Si gets standard foglights. In addition, the upscale Civic EX, EX-L, and Si each sport a new set of alloy wheels.
All Civic sedans now feature a sporty three-spoke steering wheel, improved cloth seating surfaces and patterns, and matching trim on the door linings and armrests.
For eco-warriors who prefer a little luxury, the Civic Hybrid can now be had with leather and heated seats, along with a leather-wrapped steering wheel and heated side mirrors. Nav-equipped cars feature a Bluetooth HandsFreeLink mobile phone interface, which can be controlled via buttons on the steering wheel, while the EX, EX-L, and Si gain a USB audio interface for an MP3 player. Adding to the Civic's already impressive set of safety features, VSA stability control also is now standard on all EX-L, Hybrid, and Si models.
Under the hood, Honda is sticking with its current engine lineup, meaning a 140-hp, 1.8L four-cylinder on most cars, a 1.3L four combined with a 15kW electric motor for a total of 110 hp in the Hybrid, and the high-revving 2.0L, 16-valve iVTEC four-cylinder making 197 hp in the sporty Si. In addition, a low-emission GX model will again be offered, which features a 1.8L four-cylinder designed to run on natural gas. As before, Civic sedans and coupes come with either a five-speed manual or automatic transmission, while the Si upgrades to a six-speed manual and the Hybrid sports a CVT.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: 2009 Honda Civic
Thursday, August 21, 2008 12:32 AM
I like it!

Thursday, August 21, 2008 5:50 AM
Man that interior is sexayyy

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, August 21, 2008 8:40 AM
^^^^^^are you kidding me?

that wheel is hideous

it looks as plain and ordinary as it ever was

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, August 21, 2008 8:50 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:^^^^^^are you kidding me?

that wheel is hideous

it looks as plain and ordinary as it ever was

And this coming from a Cobalt owner? That's gold.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Thursday, August 21, 2008 11:10 AM
Finally!

I could NEVER understand why Honda always goes out of their way to make their Civic Sedans uglier than the coupes.
That front bumper does a world of difference to that car and actually makes it attractive for a change.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Thursday, August 21, 2008 1:12 PM
Applause

Thursday, August 21, 2008 3:09 PM
MIght I add the interior of the Camaro shares a VERY similar type of styling, I am not saying they look ALIKE, I am just trying to point out the interiors scream of each other.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Thursday, August 21, 2008 3:11 PM
I like!!! Now do something with the rear.

Saturday, August 30, 2008 2:32 PM
Now the 2-door

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Saturday, August 30, 2008 2:38 PM
I'm sorry but The Civic coupe is still the hottest looking compact 2-door out there.

Nice, i like the addition of a real mesh grille this time around.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Saturday, August 30, 2008 3:04 PM
Neither of them do anything for me.

If I were to get one it'd be because it has good MPG, not any performance aspect.

Sunday, August 31, 2008 1:56 AM
My business partner rented a 08 a few weeks ago; it's a nice car.
The dash layout, however, is utterly unforgivable. Pictures don't do it injustice until you sit behind the wheel.
I would buy a 09 FIT over a 09 civic because of that stupid dash.

[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] coach built xj  ( o   \[][][][][][][]/  o ) hid wj
Monday, September 01, 2008 4:33 PM
my steering wheel looks 10x better than that
]
i fail to see anything thats so impressive about this interior

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, September 01, 2008 4:47 PM
I understand many of the design characteristics are founded upon engineering design, for aerodynamics, structural integrity, and use-of-space... but they make the car look like a spiced-up turd Compact cars no longer appeal to me aesthetically, regardless of manufacturer.

11 speaker JL Audio stereo setup for sale:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/audio/52021/

Monday, September 01, 2008 8:17 PM
I have to say that the only ok thing about this car is the new front bumper. I don't really care for the looks of either coupe or sedan that much...

If you polish a turd it's still a turd.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 12:45 PM
My father just piced up an 08 EX coupe 5spd. It seems like an alright car. The clutch pedal is even lighter than the cav's and the stock throw for the shifter is also rather short. When I drove Dad's, it seemed very cluttered in dashboard design. Power wise, the 1.8L SOHC isn't bad, but it's not a very torquey engine like the ecotec. The one thing I REALLY didn't like was the seemingly unusually high RPMs at highway speeds in 5th gear. 70mph is holding well over 3k RPM. And as for fuel consumption. Dad just finished a 1400 mile trip from Kittrell NC to Bradenton FL. He was averaging 35mpg and that's using the cruise. Mind you I think the engine only has about 2200 miles on it anyway [now].

Looks wise, I like the loss of the weird bar plastic from the grill on the coupes, it, to me, looks much cleaner.
Tuesday, September 02, 2008 3:41 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:my steering wheel looks 10x better than that
]
i fail to see anything thats so impressive about this interior

The fact that it won't be a rattle box inside and out after the 6 months you bought the thing is impressive to me.

Quote:

Watching you parade around my bedroom in a thong was a little like watching sea lions mate.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 6:08 PM
we have sedan auto's at work...

the trannys are loud and annoying, the reverse whines like a supercharger and the windshield is damn near retardidly huge.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 10:02 PM
ugly

Cobalt SS/SC
07 - VICTORY RED - LSD - GM STAGE 2 - I/H/DP - SPORTLINES -
260whp 241wtq
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search