Brand New Evolution - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Brand New Evolution
Tuesday, August 12, 2008 6:34 AM
Well the other day on my way home from a fishing trip... My buddy and i were coming home on I69 and this evo flew by us going about 100mph and of course i was letting my buddy drive my car so i grabed my camera and told him to catch up to him. So once we got a chance to catch up to him i snaped a picture through my mirror! But gosh was he fast and a idiot driver. He was from california.

Anyway i don't know alot about this car but i love the way the front end looks. Whats everyone elses thoughts on this new EVO

2004 Turbo cavalier 11PSI and blown!

Re: Brand New Evolution
Tuesday, August 12, 2008 6:51 AM
i like the body style before this far more so i guess like the evo 9 and 8

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 6:54 AM
hope his gas pedal snaps off...

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 7:01 AM
They are totally over priced for what you get. I was at the local mitsu dealer this weekend and the younger salesmen were out for a smoke leaning on them like they owned them, I wouldn't buy one for that reason alone, what a lack of respect! One was 38k and one was 40k. While that is sort of on par with the new STI, its still crazy for a ~300hp car.

I liked this marked segment MUCH better when they were costing ~30k.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 7:32 AM
FReQ Z (ikE-Zed) wrote:hope his gas pedal snaps off...

Best comment ever!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 8:48 AM
i wouldnt say their new, they been out for several months now. i like the older style better then the newer looking ones

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 9:04 AM
FReQ Z (ikE-Zed) wrote:hope his gas pedal snaps off...

hahaha

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 9:10 AM
Moar Candy! LAWL wrote:i wouldnt say their new, they been out for several months now. i like the older style better then the newer looking ones

thats what i was thinking, ive seen sevearl around here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, August 12, 2008 9:26 AM
I've seen a lot of them and i'm in Michigan. You must live in the sticks if this is your first.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 11:16 AM
I like 'em, but I'd take an STI over an EVO any day. And no STI's have had their gas pedals snap off!! LOL

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Tuesday, August 12, 2008 12:31 PM
They are over priced, and I liked the previous years better. I was looking at a new MR at the dealership, and it had a sticker for around 47,900, and I laughed. The guy said I wouldn't be laughing if I was driving it and I told him it was gaudy and wouldn't pay for an over priced import. He shruged and left, lol. I hate salesmen.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 12:43 PM
and im sure they hate people who come to the lot to look at a car they arent interested in buying

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 1:14 PM
Moar Candy! LAWL wrote:and im sure they hate people who come to the lot to look at a car they arent interested in buying

Not at the local dealer here - they told us straight up "if youre not willing to fill out a credit app and show us a down payment, get lost"...that was WRT the evo...

meanwhile their ashes are falling all over it...yea they can @!#$ off seriously

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 1:46 PM
It's not worth the price at all, but I think it looks pretty good. Much better than the last generation that looked way too over the top for me.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008 3:14 PM
Moar Candy! LAWL wrote:and im sure they hate people who come to the lot to look at a car they arent interested in buying

1) Who said I wasn't interested in buying?
2) Who said I couldn't afford it?
3) Its a public dealership, if they don't like it that people are looking at Mitsubishi's "new" Evo and advertising it, tough @!#$. I'll walk around all day and there isn't a damn thing they can do about it.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008 3:32 PM
I still think the Evo VIII was the best looking one they made.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 3:55 PM
Evo's up here in Canuckistan cost 50 to 55k..

SO plz no complaints !

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Tuesday, August 12, 2008 4:18 PM
Exodus 259 wrote:They are over priced, and I liked the previous years better. I was looking at a new MR at the dealership, and it had a sticker for around 47,900, and I laughed. The guy said I wouldn't be laughing if I was driving it and I told him it was gaudy and wouldn't pay for an over priced import. He shruged and left, lol. I hate salesmen.

This one was a MR, i saw a red MR sticker on the corner of the trunk... And i think its way over priced if there going for that much.

Jookycola wrote:I've seen a lot of them and i'm in Michigan. You must live in the sticks if this is your first.

Well i don't live in the sticks, but honestly this is the first one i saw.

2004 Turbo cavalier 11PSI and blown!
Tuesday, August 12, 2008 4:43 PM
I love em! my neighbor has one in white and theres a grey one in the area somewhere. definatly hot, and fast, but for that price Id go elsewhere

"Louis, you better watch who you call a child. Because if I'm a child,
that makes you a pedafile, and I'm not gonna stand here and argue
with a pervert" -- Peter Griffin
Tuesday, August 12, 2008 5:46 PM
EcoEnvy wrote:
Exodus 259 wrote:They are over priced, and I liked the previous years better. I was looking at a new MR at the dealership, and it had a sticker for around 47,900, and I laughed. The guy said I wouldn't be laughing if I was driving it and I told him it was gaudy and wouldn't pay for an over priced import. He shruged and left, lol. I hate salesmen.

This one was a MR, i saw a red MR sticker on the corner of the trunk... And i think its way over priced if there going for that much.

The older version Evo brand new here went for around 32 or so, and the MR was around 38. The new MR is 47,8 which is ridiculous. I can see if they kept it around the same price range as before, but upping it by 10K, thats ridiculous. Thats why I laughed.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008 6:50 AM
hopefully you didnt pull up in your cavalier. if i was the sales guy, i wouldnt of even left my desk

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 7:31 AM
oldskool wrote:They are totally over priced for what you get. I was at the local mitsu dealer this weekend and the younger salesmen were out for a smoke leaning on them like they owned them, I wouldn't buy one for that reason alone, what a lack of respect! One was 38k and one was 40k. While that is sort of on par with the new STI, its still crazy for a ~300hp car.

I totally disagree with you on them being overpriced. You get what you pay for. I would have liked it if they tried to keep the price lower, but it really does not matter what I think since I would not buy one new regaurdless of if it were 32,000 or 42,000. It is just not in my budget. Knowing this I am not going to go to a dealership and waste their time.

As for the looks of them right now I am not a fan. To me the front end looks like a bullsnake, kind of resembles the new dodge trucks. I would have prefered a much more sleek and aerodynamic look while still having agressive styling. I don't think they nailed it perfectly on the EVO 8 but I do prefer it's styling ovet the new 10's look.

The other thing I am not so sure about is they claim to have smoothed out the brutal hit you feel in the older evo as it hits boost. That is something I personally prefer.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 9:54 AM
oldskool wrote:They are totally over priced for what you get. I was at the local mitsu dealer this weekend and the younger salesmen were out for a smoke leaning on them like they owned them, I wouldn't buy one for that reason alone, what a lack of respect! One was 38k and one was 40k. While that is sort of on par with the new STI, its still crazy for a ~300hp car.

I paid 10k less than that, have more room, more power, less drive wheels, and way more fun.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 2:54 PM
Moar Candy! LAWL wrote:hopefully you didnt pull up in your cavalier. if i was the sales guy, i wouldnt of even left my desk

Right...cuz people in cavaliers have absolutely nothing to offer..
Let me tell you the last sales rep that didn't pay attention to me when i rolled up in a cavalier lost some serious business. The salesman at the dealer who did pay attention to me received CASH for the solstice i bought. I hope your not in sales, because you seriously cannot judge what someone is going to buy based on what there driving. Big 'ole FAIL I guess if I drove around in a lexus and wanted to window shop cars, it would be ok cuz i was in a lexus?

Wade Jarvis wrote:

I totally disagree with you on them being overpriced. You get what you pay for. I would have liked it if they tried to keep the price lower, but it really does not matter what I think since I would not buy one new regaurdless of if it were 32,000 or 42,000. It is just not in my budget. Knowing this I am not going to go to a dealership and waste their time.

As for the looks of them right now I am not a fan. To me the front end looks like a bullsnake, kind of resembles the new dodge trucks. I would have prefered a much more sleek and aerodynamic look while still having agressive styling. I don't think they nailed it perfectly on the EVO 8 but I do prefer it's styling ovet the new 10's look.

The other thing I am not so sure about is they claim to have smoothed out the brutal hit you feel in the older evo as it hits boost. That is something I personally prefer.

Yea what you get is a broken gas pedal and other quality defects like that. Have you ever seen and evo 8 or 9? The clear coat flakes of the wing, and the interior kind of "fades". I dont know if they're just not taken care of, but for 40k dollars I would expect much more in the way of quality, not just a 300hp high strung joyride.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 2:56 PM
They look like the predator in the front.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search