01 sonoma help - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
01 sonoma help
Sunday, July 27, 2008 6:00 PM
Hey guys, I know its not J related so I came here hoping to find some answer...

My dad has a 2001 GMC Sonoma SLS and the tail lights stay on, went to the dealership had it checked and came back saying it was the headlight switch.... Changed that and did not fix the problem. My question is if anyone knows what to do to fix the problem... Any help would be appreciated.

Some extra info... Automatic, Vortec V6, 3 door... Don't know if that has anything to do with it though...

Re: 01 sonoma help
Sunday, July 27, 2008 10:08 PM
Have you replaced the fuel pump recently? if so, check to see that you didn't pinch the ground wires when you put the gas tank back in. Friend of mine had this happen to him after replacing the fuel pump but his is a 94.

==============================================================

Yes, noob, the search button is for you...

Monday, July 28, 2008 6:27 AM
not sure as i dont have alot of experience with sonomas. check and see if it has a brake light switch. but check your bases first.
check which wire has the power still on. cause if the signal wore is the one with power to it. it could bre a flasher. or wire. do the front corner lights stay on?

Monday, August 04, 2008 9:29 PM
Hey guys, sorry it took so long to get back on here.... but thanks for all the help but, the issue hasn't occured since i posted this so, I've really not had any way to test the problem... I'm pretty sure about 90% that the front corner lights do not stay on... The fuel pump is still the factory one to the best of my knowledge so it shouldn't be anything along those lines... Anyone know if they have wierd grounds? like multiple things going into one ground...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search