Dura Z - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dura Z
Saturday, July 26, 2008 3:32 PM
Some of you might remember the camaro with duramax I was talking about a few months back I finally got some picture of it. Sorry if they aren't to great of pictures, I cant use a camera.

Re: Dura Z
Saturday, July 26, 2008 3:50 PM
1/4 times ?

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Saturday, July 26, 2008 3:59 PM
Didn't ask. He showed me a picture taking off at the strip. My dad said like an 11 but it seems like it would be faster than that. He said it has 800ft/lbs of torque. I thought it had way more the way he said he cant get traction. After talking to him I don't think he is as smart as I used to. He is just rich and spends his money on weird things. He said he has a golf kart with a Harley engine on it.

Saturday, July 26, 2008 4:53 PM
were you the one with the post that everyone said it was impossible and that the engine was too big?
if so, i am glad you posted pictures, now they can shut the @!#$ up about it

Saturday, July 26, 2008 4:58 PM
Yeah. I was gong to bring that post back from the dead but I just made a new one. I wanted to put a link to this one on it. I dont see why they claimed it was impossible. Looks fine to me. I have seen bigger hoods on NA muscle cars than what this guy had.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 12:25 PM
I am honestly surprised there isn't more comments. The way everyone in the other post said it was impossible and now that I have it nobody wants to say they were wrong about it being done. If I see the guy around town sometime I will ask him what it runs. Maybe get a video of it running and doing a big burn out.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 3:54 PM
This was rich.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Sunday, July 27, 2008 4:02 PM
is the bash weekend, noone is online

Sunday, July 27, 2008 4:08 PM
O @!#$ your right. I forgot. Didn't go so it wasn't on my mind. I should have gave it a few days. Wait till monday and there will probably be some replies.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 4:16 PM
Hall of shame for people with large internet balls who thought they were right.

protomec wrote:I'm embarrased that you are from Michigan.

JLAudioCavalier wrote:turbo making squeeky noise. ITS BROKE!!!!!!! someone running a turbo'ed(probably twins at that) is running a junk broken turbo!!! seriously dont touch or pretend to know about cars please.... AND, i call BS on both cars without pics or vids as well.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 4:36 PM
I know 2 guys that says its one of the dumbest things they have seen. One of them has a 440 cornet r/t and the other has a camaro about the same year. The way they were talking about it, it wasn't to special. I really want a ride in it. he said it pulls from 30 to 130 pretty damn fast. I don't have any helpful numbers though.
The only number I can give is the 800ft/lbs. I never heard horsepower or 1/4 times.

Monday, July 28, 2008 12:20 PM
swag wrote:Hall of shame for people with large internet balls who thought they were right.

protomec wrote:I'm embarrased that you are from Michigan.

JLAudioCavalier wrote:turbo making squeeky noise. ITS BROKE!!!!!!! someone running a turbo'ed(probably twins at that) is running a junk broken turbo!!! seriously dont touch or pretend to know about cars please.... AND, i call BS on both cars without pics or vids as well.

I take nothing back.

Unfortunate for all the internet tools on this forum, like yourself mr.swag, if you took a look at my post a I never said it was not possible.
I even once said I would be happy to build it if someone paid me. I can't see how that could be taken as impossible.

My disappointment with his 1st post was and still is his total lack of information and basic understanding about what he was posting about.
Other than a few pics, that part hasn't changed.

sig not found
Monday, July 28, 2008 2:55 PM
Oysterxfast5 wrote:The way everyone in the other post said it was impossible and now that I have it nobody wants to say they were wrong about it being done.

Shoehorning most of anything into any car isn't the problem if you're willing to completely reconfigure the dash/firewall like that. I think when most people said "impossible" it ment "Impossible to do without completely hacking the car apart"

1989 Z24 Convertible - Dust Covered
2006 tC - Dust Covered, but driven more
Monday, July 28, 2008 4:38 PM
Todd was right about pretty much everything he said. How I didn't know what I was talking about. I didn't have my facts straight in the first post. I don't really have anything more than pictures now like Todd said.

Monday, July 28, 2008 6:57 PM
so it IS okay to blast off on a 17 year old kid who comes to a help forum for help and conversation. now i get it.

Monday, July 28, 2008 7:12 PM
^^^ +10 on your internet balls to you.

well played sir,

May I suggest you do something of note, in real life, yourself now.

sig not found
Tuesday, July 29, 2008 1:02 AM
Honestly, I'm not going to get bitter about swags comment. Did you see how attacking mine was? I can honestly say though, where I said "I call BS on both cars until I see pics" I stand by. The attitude of the Vette owner doesn't seem like that of someone with a TT vette. But he definitely proved me wrong on the Camaro. I'm ok with that. I don't get your whole "internet balls" thing. I would say the same to anyone's face, and I meant what I said.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Tuesday, July 29, 2008 5:11 AM
protomec wrote:^^^ +10 on your internet balls to you.

well played sir,

May I suggest you do something of note, in real life, yourself now.

I just identified with cuz i've been lurking on this forum for since I was 19 (1999), and I remember asking stupid questions. At least JL owns up to it, and I have seen him help tons of people with their questions in the audio forum. And by the way, I work at the jewish home for the aged, where I have cared for some of the very last holocaust survivors, what have you done?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search