Trip to BC, rented a 300c - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Trip to BC, rented a 300c
Sunday, July 27, 2008 10:02 AM
I just got back from a work trip to BC, and I had to rent a car, as I did about 700kms driving on the trip.

I was looking to get a CTS, but they were all out, and the only other car in that class was a 300c (yes, the 300c and CTS were in the same class to them) So reluctantly, I took the 300c for the week.

I must say, I have never looked at a Dodge before, but this car was AWESOME. It was huge inside, very well done, the seats were so comfortable for the long trip to Pemberton from Vancouver. It was a 2008, so I expect it to be smooth, but was even better. Handled so well (I think it was RWD, but don't know for sure). The Hemi was sweet, but not over barring. I was quite and smooth, but when you hit it, it went like mad.

I will post some pics when I get time, but ya, that's all I wanted to say about it. Good car, something you may not think of, being a Dodge and all, but if you are looking at something like that, don't over look it.

**there is only one true love in my life... and my girlfriend has learned to live with it**

Re: Trip to BC, rented a 300c
Sunday, July 27, 2008 1:56 PM
It helps that it has a big 5.7 V8 in that 300C. Doesn't help that it weighs about as much as a freight train.
Sunday, July 27, 2008 3:59 PM
DigitalN. wrote:It helps that it has a big 5.7 V8 in that 300C. Doesn't help that it weighs about as much as a freight train.

Not really sure what you mean by the weight thing. Big cars weigh a lot, because they are big cars. I am sure all other cars in its class weigh a lot too. Honestly though, this car handled like a dream. One of the smoothest riding cars I have driven, and I have driven some nice cars.

Here is a few pics.

**there is only one true love in my life... and my girlfriend has learned to live with it**
Sunday, July 27, 2008 4:12 PM
You should try an SRT-8. The suspension on it is way better.

The 6.1L is nice, too.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 4:17 PM
I love those 300c's. Chrysler really did a great job designing those. I've also driven one. I really feel in love with the interior lay-out and comfort level.

I want one.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 5:00 PM
they even ride smooth lowered on 22s....

dosent look low at all in the pics, settled a bit, that was literally rite after lowering

"Louis, you better watch who you call a child. Because if I'm a child,
that makes you a pedafile, and I'm not gonna stand here and argue
with a pervert" -- Peter Griffin
Monday, July 28, 2008 6:33 PM
I'm just shocked a rental place has a fleet of hemis. that's awesome.
most rental companies only have base models or close to base models.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 8:56 AM
Here's the 300C my company did for this year's Pioneer Sound Build Off - the car is SICK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgd1xw198Y0&feature=related

Brian

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 10:56 PM
You seriously didn't know if the car was RWD or the handling was good from it being RWD?
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 2:03 AM
Nope.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 7:50 PM
Gutty96 wrote:Nope.
Got a shot of the back? Should be pretty easy to see if it has the AWD badge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, July 30, 2008 7:50 PM

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 11:20 PM
JuggaloZeke wrote:
Gutty96 wrote:Nope.
Got a shot of the back? Should be pretty easy to see if it has the AWD badge.

Uhhh...what?? The LH platform was never AWD. It's an old Mercedes E-class platorm.
Thursday, July 31, 2008 4:22 AM
You're an idiot. Its not the "LH" platform to begin with. It is the LX platform and every trim level other than SRT-8 is offered in an AWD version.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 10:25 AM
JuggaloZeke wrote:You're an idiot. Its not the "LH" platform to begin with. It is the LX platform and every trim level other than SRT-8 is offered in an AWD version.

I'm far from being an idiot for one and my mistake on my typo I was think LX when I typed LH...for w/e reason.
Thursday, July 31, 2008 12:25 PM
no you're and idiot.
Not for the typo, for the fact you have no idea what you're talking about.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 1:52 PM
Jookycola wrote:no you're and idiot.
So are you. You are and? WTF is that?

Thursday, July 31, 2008 5:46 PM
Jookycola wrote:no you're and idiot.

Yeah you're right I was wrong about the AWD part and accidentally calling it LH when I knew it was LX, but not knowing me and calling me an idiot on top of telling me I don't know what I'm talking about...seriously wtf is your issue...

It's amazing that people can get online in what is supposed to be a common community with a solid passion for cars and yet bash one another over mistakes...childish IMO.
Thursday, July 31, 2008 6:05 PM
Because you should know wtf you're talking about before you run your mouth.... IMO.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 9:53 PM
JuggaloZeke wrote:Because you should know wtf you're talking about before you run your mouth.... IMO.

We can't all be perfect like you can we?
Friday, August 01, 2008 1:25 PM
no you can't...and.

Friday, August 01, 2008 7:00 PM
deftonesfan817(martin edmonds) wrote:
JuggaloZeke wrote:Because you should know wtf you're talking about before you run your mouth.... IMO.

You see, Martin, I at least attempt to attain knowledge on what I plan to discuss rather than just have diarrhea of the mouth. It tends to make you, especially in your case, at least appear intelligent.

Friday, August 01, 2008 10:14 PM
JuggaloZeke wrote:

You see, Martin, I at least attempt to attain knowledge on what I plan to discuss rather than just have diarrhea of the mouth. It tends to make you, especially in your case, at least appear intelligent.

Dare to show me where else besides calling it the LH platform by accident and not realizing the E-class platform with S-class suspension up from came with AWD as an option that I have spewed unintelligent rhetoric from my fingers? Because you're trying to make it seem like I'm an complete imbecile who knows jack @!#$ about cars.
Saturday, August 02, 2008 5:42 AM
JuggaloZeke wrote:

Dare to show me where else besides calling it the LH platform by accident and not realizing the E-class platform with S-class suspension up from came with AWD as an option that I have spewed unintelligent rhetoric from my fingers? Because you're trying to make it seem like I'm an complete imbecile who knows jack @!#$ about cars.

The car IS NOT on a Mercedes platform, it is on Chrysler's LX platform. The ONLY things that these share with Benz is the turn signal /cruise conrol stalks, the 5-speed auto on the V8s and the 5-link rear suspension from the W210 E-class chassis.

Lastly I'm shocked that Hemi is on the LX rental cars... . Usually its the 2.7L or 3.5L V6s.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Saturday, August 02, 2008 8:01 AM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Lastly I'm shocked that Hemi is on the LX rental cars... . Usually its the 2.7L or 3.5L V6s.

That's why I like Avis. Nothing but brand new cars. Everything was an 08, next year everything will be 09, etc.

Also, all nice cars, no little puddle jumpers, like I say, I was looking for a CTS, but there were DTS, 5spd Mustang GTs, BMWs, etc.

Work wouldn't do a high end luxury car though for me, luxury sport was the must they said I could spend, haha.

Saturday, August 02, 2008 6:22 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
JuggaloZeke wrote:

The car IS NOT on a Mercedes platform, it is on Chrysler's LX platform. The ONLY things that these share with Benz is the turn signal /cruise conrol stalks, the 5-speed auto on the V8s and the 5-link rear suspension from the W210 E-class chassis.

Lastly I'm shocked that Hemi is on the LX rental cars... . Usually its the 2.7L or 3.5L V6s.

but it does also have components from the S-class suspension up front. Regardless, the 300C is a cool ride. Although I'll take a 2009 CTS-V please....That WOULD be a kick ass rental
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search