Low prices at Chrysler - WTF? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Low prices at Chrysler - WTF?
Saturday, July 26, 2008 4:21 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the Dodge.ca website lists these insanely high rebates for vehicles? The Dodge Ram 1500 gets an automatic 10,500$ customer cash back. Literally, you can get a base ST with a Hemi engine for under 20 grand Canadian. That is an amazingly good deal. You can also get a Dodge Charger in SE or SXT trim for for 22 to 26 grand, which is a 6,000$ customer cash back. Then the Dodge Challenger, which is 25 grand in base form without any cash back but still... wow!

Normally, I'd shun Chryslers, but if I can get a Challenger for less than a Mustang I wouldn't think twice.

Can anyone confirm this? I'm working this weekend so I can't go check. Are cars really being sold at this price or is this an advertising gimmick?

Thank the Lord for this gas crisis

Re: Low prices at Chrysler - WTF?
Saturday, July 26, 2008 7:32 PM
they need to be cheap so you can afford to replace them every couple of years.

pisses me off too, I think the challenger is dead sexy in silver and could not bear to purchase one since I have 0 faith in it lasting more than 2-3 years max before the paint is bubbling off all over the place.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 4:04 AM
the prices you see are true, you see selling a truck at cost is better than it sitting on the lot forever

Sunday, July 27, 2008 4:14 PM
ToBoGgAn wrote:they need to be cheap so you can afford to replace them every couple of years.

pisses me off too, I think the challenger is dead sexy in silver and could not bear to purchase one since I have 0 faith in it lasting more than 2-3 years max before the paint is bubbling off all over the place.
Why don't you go do some research if you're interested then. If you took the time to browse some LX communities you'd notice that the platform holds up rather well. There are people with over 100k that are still running great.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 7:40 PM
I have a durango that my wife drives with over 130k on it and it is a bitch to maintain, not a car i know, but most people i know with any mopar vehicle built in the last 15 years have the same problems with it rusting out prematurely.

unfortunately it will take 10-15 years of a newer model lasting before i will even consider a mopar purchase, my 86 suburban has less rust than mopars of half it's age at the current time.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 9:54 PM
Because they have no resale value, bad mileage and ZERO reliability, they have to sell them for cheap.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, July 28, 2008 1:38 AM
I'm pretty happy with my Jeeps.
My neighbour's owned Chrysler's for 30 some years and he's happy with them as well.

[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] coach built xj  ( o   \[][][][][][][]/  o ) hid wj
Monday, July 28, 2008 3:08 AM
they offering the "no more than $2.99 per gallon of gas or diesel" deal too? think its for 2 years. Thats what they are doing in the US and with diesel at ~$5 per gallon might be a good deal. sure you prolly have to jump thru hoops to get the fuel $$ back tho..

Monday, July 28, 2008 7:24 AM
I believe its mainly due to the fact that as of Aug 1 they will no longer be leasing vehicles. Higher rebates to entice people just to buy?

Toon Gallery | Sig Gallery | MySpace Page
Monday, July 28, 2008 9:37 AM
ToBoGgAn wrote:they need to be cheap so you can afford to replace them every couple of years.

Scott Ryman wrote:Because they have no resale value, bad mileage and ZERO reliability, they have to sell them for cheap.

This is true. Every chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth/Jeep peice of junk my family and friends have ever leased or bought last AT TOPS 3 years before the entire car/truck starts to fall apart. They build the biggest peices of junk ever. Killing the lease program will be the end of Chrysler, everyone knows Chrysler bulids great disposable new cars...but NEVER buy one older than 3 years old.

If you own one and it's 5 years old and still flawless, that doesn't mean we're wrong. It just means you're lucky or lying because you have brand loyalty can't admit they build garbage. My aunt has a Libery that is total junk but still loves it. And know a lot of people exactly like that. So that says a lot about Chrysler owners and their word.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Monday, July 28, 2008 10:54 AM
Jookycola wrote:

Scott Ryman wrote:Because they have no resale value, bad mileage and ZERO reliability, they have to sell them for cheap.

This is true. Every chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth/Jeep peice of junk my family and friends have ever leased or bought last AT TOPS 3 years before the entire car/truck starts to fall apart. They build the biggest peices of junk ever. Killing the lease program will be the end of Chrysler, everyone knows Chrysler bulids great disposable new cars...but NEVER buy one older than 3 years old.

If you own one and it's 5 years old and still flawless, that doesn't mean we're wrong. It just means you're lucky or lying because you have brand loyalty can't admit they build garbage. My aunt has a Libery that is total junk but still loves it. And know a lot of people exactly like that. So that says a lot about Chrysler owners and their word.

I once worked for a couple that owned some Subways. They loved dodges, but their cars were ALWAYS in the shop for something.

2010 Honda Fit LX

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search