Picked up a new car, lots of pics 56k make a cake - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Picked up a new car, lots of pics 56k make a cake
Saturday, May 31, 2008 4:30 PM
Well I went out to Lane Automotive's annual car show this past weekend and really got to thinking how I've always wanted an old school American muscle car. Well I got to looking on Craigslist and found a 1973 Chevy Nova SS that was in Niles. I picked this up just 2 days ago and it's been a blast so far. The car is stored in my garage AND covered. The car is not driven all day either, just here and there. It has 48150 original documented miles on the body, only reason that it has 49010 was from the old owner's son driving it a little and me driving it home. The 350 was rebuilt 10,000 miles ago and the seller had all reciepts for the work done. Very nice car and very quick as well. Main reason I got this was because I got it for a heck of a deal. The guy was sick and didn't have the time to drive the car anymore with him having to go to Doctor appointments all the time and being in and out of the hospital. Anyway, here are the pics:

Re: Picked up a new car, lots of pics 56k make a cake
Saturday, May 31, 2008 4:36 PM
sweet car but wrong forum

Saturday, May 31, 2008 4:44 PM
Sorry, could someone please move this to the correct forum.
Saturday, May 31, 2008 5:23 PM
sweet car

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Saturday, May 31, 2008 5:25 PM
Damn thats nice.

Saturday, May 31, 2008 6:18 PM
Nova's never realy did a lot for me. But I gotta say that one is VERY clean and well done. Looks like it was well taken care of. Nice snag! Mind if we ask how much you grabbed it for?

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Saturday, May 31, 2008 6:41 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Nova's never realy did a lot for me. But I gotta say that one is VERY clean and well done. Looks like it was well taken care of. Nice snag! Mind if we ask how much you grabbed it for?

Sure thing. I picked it up for $8,000.
Saturday, May 31, 2008 6:43 PM
very clean but not a fan of the bench seat

though reminds me of project blue hair on muscle car where they took a nova and took the 6 cylinder out and dropped in a carbed LS2 motor in

Saturday, May 31, 2008 6:43 PM
wow. I gotta say, even for a car I never had a lot of purchasing interest in... it's safe to say you outright stole that thing. Now If i could find the Mustang I have been looking for

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Saturday, May 31, 2008 6:56 PM
CodeRedZ24 (aka Geeds) wrote:very clean but not a fan of the bench seat

though reminds me of project blue hair on muscle car where they took a nova and took the 6 cylinder out and dropped in a carbed LS2 motor in

I know, but I'm trying to keep it as close to original as possible while still having fun with it.

JLAudioCavalier wrote:wow. I gotta say, even for a car I never had a lot of purchasing interest in... it's safe to say you outright stole that thing. Now If i could find the Mustang I have been looking for

No kidding. When I saw the ad in Craigslist I thought something would have to be wrong. I called the guy up and went down that same day to look at it and was shocked when I saw how perfect it was. Hell the oil pan is powdercoated, the underbody is rust inhibited, the bolt that plugs the oil pan is even chrome. Hell when I changed the oil and put new oil in and checked the level the oil was and still is today damn near clear. I can hardly tell where the oil is on the dipstick since it's chrome as well, lol.
Saturday, May 31, 2008 7:22 PM
Very nice car! So sad though why the previous owner had to get rid of it

Sunday, June 01, 2008 7:55 AM
Haha, awesome, can't wait to check this beast out!

Monday, June 02, 2008 4:33 AM
Very Nice I was at the lane show as well lots of nice cars....I'm actually uploading pics to the computer right now. haha

Monday, June 02, 2008 5:50 AM
thats sick! 8K? damn! Thats awesome! WTF is up with that stereo? I say radio delete and call it a day!

Monday, June 02, 2008 8:26 AM
Run the VIN, I am guessing with the bench seat and the auto on the column it is not a real numbers matching SS.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Monday, June 02, 2008 9:28 AM
very sharp clean car.

More than I have to spend, but a nice find if its #'s matching.

Monday, June 02, 2008 10:15 AM
dude your a bitch looks good thought when your ready to line it up let me know

Monday, June 02, 2008 12:18 PM
i like it enough but i have never seen an ss with a bench seat
regardless, it seems most novas of that year are going for around that price, methinks its because they are not one of the high demand muscle cars, but still a very solid pick up.

Monday, June 02, 2008 4:18 PM
John Benham wrote:very sharp clean car.

More than I have to spend, but a nice find if its #'s matching.

It is numbers matching true SS. I ran the VIN before I purchased it so I got the whole story on the car. As for the bench, it was something that the original owner added later rather than the buckets, and the 3 speed on the column was factory in this car.

RaGiN Z (the fake 05) wrote:thats sick! 8K? damn! Thats awesome! WTF is up with that stereo? I say radio delete and call it a day!

It's an 8 track player and it works! Came with about 9 different cassettes that work including Saturday Night Fever. AM/FM also works on this beast. Trying to keep it as close to original as possible.

1cleanz wrote:dude your a bitch looks good thought when your ready to line it up let me know

Not even worth wasting my gas Gregg.
Tuesday, June 03, 2008 7:24 AM
damn, I have gone thru 2 tape decks in my 91 pickup already! It doesn't look original to me tho, looks like its over the original stereo area. If you catch my drift

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 9:54 AM
someone you dont know wrote:

It is numbers matching true SS. I ran the VIN before I purchased it so I got the whole story on the car. As for the bench, it was something that the original owner added later rather than the buckets, and the 3 speed on the column was factory in this car.

Hells yeah good pick up then.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 12:14 PM
F-ing beautiful.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 12:44 PM
dont worry im not talkin about the cavy....... even thought it is about 1000 lbs lighter
what kind of Hp you puttin down

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 3:16 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone. Gregg, I'm not sure how much power it's putting to the ground. I'm not going to be able to dyno it until next year at Lane's, but I can tell you that it is indeed faster than my SRT-4 was.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search