What could I get for my truck? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What could I get for my truck?
Saturday, May 31, 2008 2:41 PM
Guestimate on it. Already checked KBB, gave me around 7K or so for private party.

2000 Dodge Dakota, 4X4, quad cab with the 5.9L engine. It's Auto and has 110,000 miles on it. Everything on the car works and it has that brake assist device added onto it(for pulling to engage electric brakes on trailers). Also has a bedliner, and a retractable bed cover.

Interior and exterior are in good to excellent condition. There is a ton of surface rust on the undercarriage(I had another post about rust issues, but after having it checked out it was actually very minor). It needs new shocks all the way around and some other things, but for general purposes it's in great shape.

If it'd increase the value of the truck I can have sex in the backseat with my wife and take pictures to post on Craigslist.
-Thanks

Also, would it be best to try to trade it in towards another vehicle or try to sell it to someone? A dealer I spoke with today(about and XB) told me I should try to sell it as they'd give me next to nothing for it(without seeing it)...just becaue they have a surplus of trucks atm-Hard market : /

Re: What could I get for my truck?
Saturday, May 31, 2008 6:55 PM
gonna need noods of the wife before we can assume increased value *

unfortunately due to the suspension being done and depending what the other "little things" that are wrong are you are probably looking at way less value, especially from someone that needs to take it to a shop for the work since they will be looking to deduct that cost from their purchase price.

don't take this the wrong way but I can find fullsize anything but dodges for that same price or less that would get roughly the same mileage or better and most likely be in just as good or better overall shape. IDK aboot you dakota as it is probably lighter than my durango but the durango gets crap for mileage.

either way good luck with the sale

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search