I bought a camera... So I took pics. - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I bought a camera... So I took pics.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 12:32 AM
So as some of you know, I travel around the country for an antique company.
Well, I bought a cheap little 8mp Olympus camera because I got sick of taking pics of cars and scenery with my phone. Out here in Washington(working the west coast until mid july to make as much cash as I can without overlapping the bash schedule), I have found some nice cars worth taking pics of. So I might as well share some of them..

Today I saw a perfectly done 1957 Porsche Speedster replica. Was built 100% to specs in 1973. I don't think anyone short of a lifetime enthusiast would be able to pick it out from an authentic one. I was very impressed even though these aren't my style. It was mint, so I took pics. Don't see them every day:

Next, I saw these 3 cars at a dealership. Was fairly impressed with the restorations/mods/conditions of them:

1969 Camaro SS(350):

1970 Plymouth Road Runner(383 Magnum):

1973 Ford Mustang Mach1(351 Windsor):

And just 1 shot of them together.. and one redneck tool bag that worked at the garage driving his blue smoke billowing Ford Ranchero:

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart

Re: I bought a camera... So I took pics.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 12:40 AM
no pics of gods car the Cobalt SS?? damn you!

cool pics anyway

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 4:22 AM
No pics of the 70's Split - grill camaro???

70's Split - grill > Any mustang or mopar

"Project 69'"
1969 Chevrolet C/10, 1/2 ton, 2wd
-Boosted LS1?
-Richmond ROD 6-speed(will get sometime)
-Posi 12-bolt(built w/eaton posi unit and richmond 3.73 gears)
-Disc brake and 5 lug swap
+little extras
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 4:27 AM
Tinkles wrote:No pics of the 70's Split - grill camaro???

70's Split - grill > Any mustang or mopar

he has a point

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 7:32 PM
I forgot the memory card at the time, so I only got 10 pics there. And personaly.... no, I would take all 3 of those cars over the split grill. Personal preference I guess, but I just think they're ugly.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 7:49 PM
damn, i too was waiting for pics of the orange split grill 'maro. nice pics though, definitely some sweet cars.

Check out my build thread!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 9:21 PM
mmmm @ the ss and the mach 1

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 9:34 PM
Sounds like the general idea is that everyone feels the same about Mopar as I do... they're just not styled right lol. Not bad, not ugly, just not what Ford and Chevy could do back then.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 3:30 AM
Nuttin wrong with SLOpar hehe

that a bowtie can't fix

Thursday, May 29, 2008 4:38 PM
nice pics man

Thursday, May 29, 2008 5:44 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:I forgot the memory card at the time, so I only got 10 pics there. And personaly.... no, I would take all 3 of those cars over the split grill. Personal preference I guess, but I just think they're ugly.

youre not the only one

Thursday, May 29, 2008 6:53 PM
Well a little update of cars I saw today:

I believe this to be a 1955 Chevy. Correct me if I'm wrong on the year, but I'm fairly sure it's a '55. Failed to get details on this one:

And this on the same lot... 1968 SS 327:

And this place had about 30+ various Corvettes on the lot, but something about the name of the place doesn't entice me to buy a car from them lol:

Thursday, June 05, 2008 10:39 PM
ok... so that update flopped lol. Today was a good day. We went to Napa Valley, CA and ran into a nice collection of cars getting gas before their trip together to Tahoe Lake. I didn't get a pic of all them, but a few of the ones I liked. ALSO took pics at a guys warehouse. He owns a bunch of warehouse buildings, and keeps this one for his own collection of old ass cars that he restores, and apparently has a nice in the works collection of restored bikes.

First the rich yuppies heading out to Tahoe:

Here in order, are the SL55 AMG Kompressor, the Termi vert, some random tool in a Honda(not with them), and the Porsche 911 turbo S:

Better pic of the 911(I have always loved those exhaust tips):

Numbers matching original 409 Impala:

1967 Impala:

Don't know why the pics of this Buick came out so dark, but here is the only good one I got:

Got wood? These next 2 do:

The warehouse(less the bikes behind me):

The bikes:

Thursday, June 05, 2008 10:51 PM

Thursday, June 05, 2008 10:58 PM
(tabs) wrote:mmmm @ the ss and the mach 1

mmm Dennys...

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Thursday, June 05, 2008 11:01 PM
Funny thing is... right after I took the pics, I walked over and ate there.

Friday, June 06, 2008 9:37 PM
more pics of the chick...and the lotus? where is the lotus?

Saturday, June 07, 2008 1:20 PM
I never got pics of the Lotus. Like I didn't get pics of the 2 Elise's that passed me that day and the Exige right after. I just didn't have the camera on at the right time. And what chick are you talking about? I travel so damn much, if there is something in these pics, chances are. I'm hundreds of miles away by now and you won't get more pics. P.S. I bet she is out of Middle School so I don't see why YOU are getting your panties in a bunch about it

Saturday, June 07, 2008 7:59 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:I never got pics of the Lotus. Like I didn't get pics of the 2 Elise's that passed me that day and the Exige right after. I just didn't have the camera on at the right time. And what chick are you talking about? I travel so damn much, if there is something in these pics, chances are. I'm hundreds of miles away by now and you won't get more pics. P.S. I bet she is out of Middle School so I don't see why YOU are getting your panties in a bunch about it

DIE

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 4:31 PM
im jealous. i want your job

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, June 10, 2008 7:20 PM
haha, i dunno man. when you break down the number of hours im away from home, the pay per hour isnt as amazing as the weekly paycheck makes it seem. but man do i get to see lots of the country while on the road. I think i got more pics to upload later.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 6:10 PM
Alright an update for today. Not a real eventful day, but being such a Mustang fan that I am, it was kind of cool.

First I saw an 05-08 Saleen. I hated Saleen's body kit for the 95-98 and the 99-04's but I really like what they did with the S197 body kits. Sounded pretty nice when he flew by too.

Only picture I got:

Now, the whole time I am on the west coast, I have been searching for a good 64.5-68 Mustang coupe. I would LOVE to find a solid 67 coupe like the 2 my dad had that I grew up driving... BUT I found this little gem in the middle of nowhere. ALTHOUGH the body work was a bit shoddy. I noticed some very bad sanding scratches along the rocks as if the tool bag that did the body work didnt want to bend over far enough to do it right. This also tells me there is probably a bunch of body filler down there... and the guy is asking 10K for it (non-numbers matching modded car btw).. but it looked nice.

1970 Coupe:

that is all for today.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 8:00 PM
congrats on finding an overpriced piece of @!#$

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 8:35 PM
Hey, I agree. Having a 351C and a 4 speed stick makes it fairly appealing. But, I do not like the shape of the 70 coupes, and that one had a bit of damage, and all the bad body work I mentioned.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search