Fastest car in town? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fastest car in town?
Sunday, May 25, 2008 8:43 PM
I live in a small town, and not too many fast cars. Just the occasional turbo civic. There is a black 2007 Z06 with at least one turbo.(guy wont let anyone see it)
Fastest car I have ever seen,(in person) claims to run a mid 9.
Went to the car show in town and I think I found something that could contend with it. Its a 1970 something Z28. It was one of the turbo ones they made back then. He pulled the engine in it and put a duramax diesel in it. Running 30 psi and he claim 2000 psi fuel pressure. It looks like it would be fast but he said he can't get traction with it.
I would like to see the two race but I don't think it will happen.
I would say the vette cause the dura Z cant get traction.

Re: Fastest car in town?
Sunday, May 25, 2008 8:50 PM
I call BS on both said vehicles.

Pics or Ban.

------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, May 25, 2008 9:02 PM
for some reason i can't imagine someone pulling a stock motor out of a z28 to replace it with a diesel. i know they make gobs of torque...but c'mon.

GO PATS!!!
Sunday, May 25, 2008 9:08 PM
if he wont let anybody see it, he better carry a time slip.

BS on the dura z
Sunday, May 25, 2008 9:34 PM
He is some old @!#$. I know it is fast cause he was @!#$ with me and my friend when we were in his mustang and the guy blew past us at the light. Then we saw him leave a restaurant by his house and mash it. He was flying.
The guy with the Z28 is some really rich guy. I wish I could have gotten a pic but didn't have my camera. My dad knows him so many I can go see it sometime and get a few pics. The corvette does have atleast one turbo cause I heard it when he was next to me and my friend but it sounded like he burnt it up or something cause it was making a squeaky noise.
Didn't see the Z28 really go just driving it off the tralier, but it was cool.

Sunday, May 25, 2008 9:50 PM
I'm embarrased that you are from Michigan.

sig not found
Sunday, May 25, 2008 10:33 PM
protomec wrote:I'm embarrased that you are from Michigan.

Whats that supposed to mean. I'm not some hillbilly, I'm not making up cars. Just thought I would ask what you guys though was faster. I have my opinion of which is but I was just asking your guy's opinions.

Monday, May 26, 2008 2:03 AM
turbo making squeeky noise. ITS BROKE!!!!!!! someone running a turbo'ed(probably twins at that) is running a junk broken turbo!!! seriously dont touch or pretend to know about cars please.... AND, i call BS on both cars without pics or vids as well.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Monday, May 26, 2008 4:26 AM
The Redneck wrote:for some reason i can't imagine someone pulling a stock motor out of a z28 to replace it with a diesel. i know they make gobs of torque...but c'mon.

I tell you this much...
I got my ass handed to me when I had my ZO6 by a 7000lbs crew cab, duelly, Duramax at the track... and on that race I ran a 12.68. Here's the kicker... it still had the construction ad on his door.
Trust me, don't down play diesel engines.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Monday, May 26, 2008 7:04 AM
Oysterxfast5 wrote:
protomec wrote:I'm embarrased that you are from Michigan.

Whats that supposed to mean. I'm not some hillbilly, I'm not making up cars. Just thought I would ask what you guys though was faster. I have my opinion of which is but I was just asking your guy's opinions.

To make that perfectly clear, it means that you are so more than simply stupid that I don't it to even be known that anyone that stupid could reside in the same state as me.

Your claims and statements are beyond moronic which means one of 2 things:
1- You actually believe in them based on the limited and lacking info you have collected and cannot figure out why it BS.
or
2- You are trying to make things up and cannot understand how wrong the things you are saying really are because you lack the basic intelligence to get you there.

so here's the breakdown for you...
Oysterxfast5 wrote: I live in a small town, and not too many fast cars. Just the occasional turbo civic. There is a black 2007 Z06 with at least one turbo.(guy wont let anyone see it)
Fastest car I have ever seen,(in person) claims to run a mid 9.

Turbo and supercharged vettes aren't that uncommon, but you don't even know if it is at all. Your only evidence is that you think you heard a noise that could be a turbo.
And next you accept a "claim" as a fact to justify your beliefs.

Try this... does the car have a cage? tracks require cages when you go faster than 11sec. Have you seen it run a 9.xx at the track? If not than why believe it?

The worst part is that the claim isn't that special as I already said, its pretty common for a zo6. But its also common for people to open the hood and show it off if it is, or be seen with the correct equipment and actually doing it at the track.
People who don't want to show people anything are usually claiming to be much slower than they really are to sucker people into racing them. People who won't show and claim fast are usually lying.

Oysterxfast5 wrote:Went to the car show in town and I think I found something that could contend with it. Its a 1970 something Z28. It was one of the turbo ones they made back then.

GM never ever made a turbo Camaro.
Oysterxfast5 wrote: He pulled the engine in it and put a duramax diesel in it.

Did you actually see a DURAMAX DIESEL in it???
Last one I looked at out of the truck was nearly 4 feet tall from the bottom of the pan to the top of the engine. This would make any Camaro with its 2-3 foot tall hood line (as designed) look really funny when trying to get the hood closed.

Oysterxfast5 wrote:Running 30 psi and he claim 2000 psi fuel pressure. It looks like it would be fast but he said he can't get traction with it.

30 psi is pretty common for a 350hpish rated version of it.
2000psi on the other hand is amazing.
I don't think it could run at all on 2000 psi.

From the factory they run 25,000psi to allow the injector to overcome the 2000psi of combustion pressure.

Here again you fail lto make even the simplest of logical conclusions.
You are an idiot because you either don't know what you are talking about
or you are simply too dumb to figure out the physics behind what you are trying to make up.

A camaro with a diesel, no problem... even easy.
A camaro with a duramax physically almost impossible.
Besides the size of the basic engine, what about weight? A Duramax drivetrain has to weight over 1000lbs. The trans is about 300lbs alone. Do you really believe a camaro chassis can hold that up for long? Do you think anyone makes camaro sized springs to deal with that kind of weight? What about tires? Car sized tires, especially ones that would fit a camaro, aren;t designed to hold up that kind of weight.
This is the kind of thinking basic intelligence clues you into, which obviously you lack.

Oysterxfast5 wrote:I would like to see the two race but I don't think it will happen.
I would say the vette cause the dura Z cant get traction.

This is the kind of thing 16yr olds argue about... "oh yeah, mine spins its tires too much/easily to win"
Get real.

sig not found
Monday, May 26, 2008 9:30 AM
there was a vid on here with a GN with a diesel engine in it, so i wouldnt doubt a camaro with one
the amount of torque could compensate for the weight of a duramax easily
plus someone could EASILY reinforce the frame, so to call someone you do not know an idiot is the kind of thing 16 year olds do

Monday, May 26, 2008 11:12 AM
I am just going on what my dad told me about the Z28 coming stock with a turbo, even the guy that owns it said it used to have one. I guess its my fault for believing what someone told me.

I saw the duramax in the camaro though, hood was off. I watched him pull it off the trailer and drive it to his parking spot. The 30psi and 2000psi are the numbers he told me if they are wrong quit your bitching at me. He said that the duramax was only a couple hundred pounds heavier. He had to make a sub frame so it wouldn't twist the body up, but he said it did tweak it a bit.

About the corvette there is no roll cage. I did not know that under 11's you needed one. I know it has a turbo cause of the BOV sound.. The first time I even saw the vette was close to 2 years ago when I was starting to get into cars. What ever the noise was he got it fixed after I heard it the first time cause the next time I saw him in town it didn't make the noise.

Both cars are real, the vette might not be as fast as it is claimed to be but it is still a fast car. I know the dura Z was fast cause it was tubbed out and had a cage in it. Next time I know the dura Z will be somewhere I am going I will take a camera.

Monday, May 26, 2008 7:08 PM
would't it be funny if the vette had a turbo whistler

Monday, May 26, 2008 7:13 PM
A guy here in my town in WV has a 2007 Lingenfelter corvette convertible...... 780hp...... he paid like $225,000 for it and it sounds like an airplane taking off
Monday, May 26, 2008 7:59 PM
I don't think he would have a turbo whistler, but it is always a possibility. Might be why he wont let anyone see it.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 10:42 AM
Actually Yenko was making turbo camaros back in the late 70's. Nothing compared to the earlier Yenkos, but they did. They had stage 1 and stage 2.

Also, Pontiac had the turbo trans am late 70's & 81.

Of course if you were going to pull the turbo-z motor out of a yenko and put in a diesel, you should be shot.

I still say pics or STFU, but just thought I would sprinkle that tid-bit in there.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 12:04 PM
If you are confident enough that the dura z doesn't exist, contact Dale. http://www.damirontruckcenter.com/
I don't know how soon I will be able to get a pic, but my friend said it was in the newspaper here in town a few weeks back.
I don't know if it was a yenko or not but I was told it had a turbo on it stock. I dont like the fact that he put the duramax in it either. The car had 4oK or less, don't remember the number. Basically it was just some rich guy looking for a way to spend his money.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 12:14 PM
i'm not going to call bs on any of the cars cuz i just don't give a damn BUT the camaro DID NOT come with a turbo stock. it never happened.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 12:15 PM
randizzle wrote:i'm not going to call bs on any of the cars cuz i just don't give a damn BUT the camaro DID NOT come with a turbo stock. it never happened.

after i read this post i now feel retarded for posting this.... disregard.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 12:21 PM
It might not have came with a turbo stock but its got one now.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 4:55 PM
randizzle wrote:
randizzle wrote:i'm not going to call bs on any of the cars cuz i just don't give a damn BUT the camaro DID NOT come with a turbo stock. it never happened.

Why? your post is correct.

The whole post is a shining example of internet stupidity breeding more stupidity.
Opinions and guesses being presented as facts... Unrelated facts being shown to support an incorrect idea.

FACT- Yenko DID NOT build a 70's turbo camaro.
FACT- Yenko did build a turbo camaro in 1981 only.
FACT- Yenko was a chevy dealer, not GM. While very collectable, his cars are simply aftermarket kits. No camaro came with a turbo from the factory.
FACT- Pontiac did make a turbo trans am.
FACT- A trans am is a different car than a camaro, the post says its a camaro.
FACT- early 80's Regals came with diesel engines. They were not Duramax diesels. A GN with a diesel is far more likely to be just a rebadges diesel regal. None of that has anything to with, or proves or disproves, the existance of a Duramax diesel.

No one has addressed the simple question of how such a physically large engine, as the Duramax truly is, can be fit under the hoodline of a camaro.

As I have already stated, the riginal poster has no correct facts, only mistaken ideas.
To make this abundently clear...
Yes the vette could be turbo, Its really pretty common and not really special. Does it run 9s? That is even quite possible but really unlikely given the evidence or more inportantly the imagined evidence, presented.

Can a camaro have a diesel? Again, likely and not to incredibly special. But is it likely a late model Duramax diesel? Given the physics of it, not very likely.
If the car had a freakishly huge and bizarre shaped hood scoop, odds go up. If it was riding on a truck frame and truck tires (no car tires in existance could hold up the weight), odds go even higher.

If you are one of the people who choose to believe it as presented, more power to you. I could care less what you want to believe, I just hope you cannot breed.

sig not found

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 6:53 PM
protomec wrote:
randizzle wrote:

Why? your post is correct.

The whole post is a shining example of internet stupidity breeding more stupidity.
Opinions and guesses being presented as facts... Unrelated facts being shown to support an incorrect idea.

FACT- Yenko DID NOT build a 70's turbo camaro.
FACT- Yenko did build a turbo camaro in 1981 only.
FACT- Yenko was a chevy dealer, not GM. While very collectable, his cars are simply aftermarket kits. No camaro came with a turbo from the factory.
FACT- Pontiac did make a turbo trans am.
FACT- A trans am is a different car than a camaro, the post says its a camaro.
FACT- early 80's Regals came with diesel engines. They were not Duramax diesels. A GN with a diesel is far more likely to be just a rebadges diesel regal. None of that has anything to with, or proves or disproves, the existance of a Duramax diesel.

No one has addressed the simple question of how such a physically large engine, as the Duramax truly is, can be fit under the hoodline of a camaro.

As I have already stated, the riginal poster has no correct facts, only mistaken ideas.
To make this abundently clear...
Yes the vette could be turbo, Its really pretty common and not really special. Does it run 9s? That is even quite possible but really unlikely given the evidence or more inportantly the imagined evidence, presented.

Can a camaro have a diesel? Again, likely and not to incredibly special. But is it likely a late model Duramax diesel? Given the physics of it, not very likely.
If the car had a freakishly huge and bizarre shaped hood scoop, odds go up. If it was riding on a truck frame and truck tires (no car tires in existance could hold up the weight), odds go even higher.

If you are one of the people who choose to believe it as presented, more power to you. I could care less what you want to believe, I just hope you cannot breed.

if a 454 can be fit into a camaro, it wouldnt take a lot more to get a duramax in there

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 7:05 PM
If I am not mistaken, which I could be, do they not make different sizes of a duramax. To my understanding Duramax is an engine family, Such as a Cummins. I know there are different sizes of Cummins turbo Diesels.
I guess diesels must be different in sizes cause to me it seems like a 6.6L diesel and a 6.6L gasoline would be roughly the same size.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 4:02 AM
i love it when people get caught up in other peoples bull@!#$

Thursday, May 29, 2008 2:37 PM
not the same Camaro, but it does give proof that a Duramax can be put into a camaro. http://www.camaroforums.com/archive/threads/hello.-69-camaro-duramax-diesel-owner-167201-1.html

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search