Saying goodbye to the cav... - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Saying goodbye to the cav...
Thursday, May 22, 2008 5:57 PM
So the time has come... An older fellow came out to the house today and bought my 04 LS Sport Cav. This leaves me in an awesome predicament.

I'm looking mainly at 2 cars right now... firstly my brother is selling his 06 Acura RSX Type-S with about 30k on it. He wants me to give him 17 for it

I just got done driving an 08 2 Door Altima (2.5... can't afford the 3.5) and it's a sweet ride, but unfortunately it'll cost me 6-7g more than the Type-S.

So... if it were you, what would you buy? Type-S in like-new condition? or new 2 door Altima?

Also, any other suggestions on vehicles in the low 20k range would be appreciated. I am willing to test drive just about anything.

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to post up pics when I get the new ride. I should have it on Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

Re: Saying goodbye to the cav...
Thursday, May 22, 2008 6:13 PM
Ooooo I was at a dealership drooling on the new Altima coupe the other week. They're HOT! And you're lucky to find one so cheap, the cheapest on the lot where I was ran about $26,000

Friday, May 23, 2008 12:10 AM
why not keep your options open
if i where in your shoes
Caliber SRT-4
mazda speed 3
new (turbocharged) cobalt ss
if i where looking at getting a dent magnet/ snow ride
impala base i mean cops use then they gotta be able to take a beating
G6 base
saturn astra
Aveo
dodge Avenger

i think top of list would probaly be the wrangler i mean two solid axels a two speed transfer case and frame rails
how can you go wrong. it should be able to take any pot holes jump any curb in a single bound.
Friday, May 23, 2008 2:45 AM
saw an astra 2dr hatch in the parking lot of this hotel tonight... i love em. check those out! the altima coupe is hot as hell too. i would personaly look into a WRX or GTO for the price range you have.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Friday, May 23, 2008 3:32 AM
wow i saw a new altima when i went looking for cars last week and they had one at the dealer that only had 10k on it and they wanted 18k for it.

Friday, May 23, 2008 6:09 AM
I like the altimas, nissan had the only nice feeling "shiftless" tranny.

The acura is a little more trimmed out i am sure. Personally I would snag the acura, but the nissan would come with a new car warranty....

Friday, May 23, 2008 5:34 PM
Buy a beater in cash. Save the rediculous car payment you would have for a couple years and buy the car you really want in cash. I will never have a f@(king car loan again.
Saturday, May 24, 2008 11:01 AM
get that 350z in your sig, you can pick up one of those for around 20k used.

Saturday, May 24, 2008 12:25 PM
Quote:

Buy a beater in cash. Save the rediculous car payment you would have for a couple years and buy the car you really want in cash. I will never have a f@(king car loan again.

Yes totally with this guy.

Saturday, May 24, 2008 1:18 PM
Never buy a car from family.

Ever.

Saturday, May 24, 2008 1:24 PM
type S, you will not be disappointed.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"

Saturday, May 24, 2008 2:27 PM
Quote:

Ever.

x2

People say that what doesn't kill you in this life
will make you stronger. I'm not sure if that is true
or not, but i do know one thing-You have to learn from
it and it has to make you better.......it has to.......

Saturday, May 24, 2008 8:50 PM
strohlly7 wrote:
Quote:

Ever.

x2

I'll see your "family", and raise you "or friends".

My buddy has a newer Impala, loves it. I dig it too. Rides real nice.

Saturday, May 24, 2008 10:37 PM
Some things about the Type-S... It's in basically mint condition... there's one extremely small ding on the driver's side but besides that it's perfect. It only has 30k on it. The warranty still has 20k miles on it bumper to bumper and roadside assistance, and 40k coverage on the drivetrain. The car has been babied pretty well; he uses it to drive 3 miles round-trip to go to work, and he's taken a few trips in it. He has never had any major problems with it, and he has never raced it. The oil has been changed regularly.

I've basically decided I'm going to buy the Type-S. If buy it and hate it, I can turn around and sell it for the exact same price I'm paying, or possibly even more (I would only lose taxes.) I won't be taking the driving the new car off the lot hit. Also, with it still being under warranty, I have essentially a 20k mile buffer where I can really feel the car out and see if anything needs to be taken care of by the dealership. I could also sell it at a minimal loss if I really hate it.

As of right now the title for my car is supposed to exchange hands on Tuesday at 2:30pm, and I'm going to go on Wednesday to meet my brother at the Acura dealer where they will be doing a 'courtesy trade,' and the car will be getting inspected. Unless something happens with the buyer of my car between now and Tuesday, this is all but final. I hope to have pics of the Type-S next to my bro's new MDX sometime on Thursday.

Thanks for the input guys.

Sunday, May 25, 2008 6:36 PM
If i was looking in that range, I like the 06 Civic SI Sedans

Monday, May 26, 2008 10:34 AM
personally in the 20k range i would have been looking for an 04-05 sti.

but i like boosted subarus.

congrats on the new ride (assuming all goes to plan)

Monday, May 26, 2008 8:32 PM
Cool deal, for some reason I'd like to get a Type-S, and put a Jackson Racing blower on it. Maybe some Konis or AGX's, no lowering springs or anything. But just a little more power and a little better handling, while keeping a civil ride and good gas mileage in a well-built, relatively inexpensive nice-looking car.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 6:50 AM
I would go with the type-S good luck and cant wait to see pictures.

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search