67 Camaro With A 2JZ???? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Re: 67 Camaro With A 2JZ????
Thursday, May 22, 2008 7:06 PM
idiot

Thursday, May 22, 2008 7:14 PM
probably the coolest first gen i've ever seen

F the haters.. how many times can we see a SBC or BBC, 9000c.i.d. BORING

I'm one of the few who think JZ engines are one of the coolest sounding engines.. it def ranks above any V8 imo

Thursday, May 22, 2008 7:15 PM
JUNK

Thursday, May 22, 2008 7:23 PM
f'n siiiiiiiiiiiiick, i bet some ricer will call it rice lol

Thursday, May 22, 2008 7:27 PM
booooooooooooooooo

but +1 for originality........

sorta kinda if it wasnt already done in a mustang......

HOLY HELL ITS BACK!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.
Thursday, May 22, 2008 7:27 PM
yea i'd call the 2jz the ls1 of jdm engines people manage to swap it into just about anything

http://members.cardomain.com/yellow05cavy
Thursday, May 22, 2008 7:32 PM
why would you get rid of a 350 small block for that piece of @!#$

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, May 22, 2008 8:27 PM
SICK!

Thursday, May 22, 2008 8:44 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:why would you get rid of a 350 small block for that piece of @!#$

while i do not agree with putting different manufacturers motors in cars, i would not be ignorant enough to call an engine that makes 1k hp a piece of @!#$
i feel the same way about this car as i do that mustang with the rb26
or the ls1 civic
its neat, but i dont really agree with it

Thursday, May 22, 2008 8:48 PM
my next project will be putting a v8 into a 4 cylinder of a diff make, i'll show you all! well thats my plans after the sh!tfire sells.

Thursday, May 22, 2008 8:53 PM
BOOSTED / JMdecals.com! wrote:my next project will be putting a v8 into a 4 cylinder of a diff make, i'll show you all! well thats my plans after the sh!tfire sells.

what?

Thursday, May 22, 2008 10:01 PM
TRD Ftw! Still, the car will never be able to hack the twisties like a Supra.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, May 22, 2008 11:24 PM
how many ls based motors can make that power with turbos. I think this some thing that some one does for the look at me factor. when some one replaces a original motor with ls based motor its for two reasons the original motor in a modified form is to costly to deal with or the stock motor is just to hard and expensive to replace when some thing happens

Yeah i know the 13b can make power we have all seen it but how many times do you see these Rx-7s for sale as a roller?
I mean even a car that truly love and get sick about having to go that route of using a Ls based motor The grand national. I own a turbo regal the motor could be built up witha girdel and aftermarket heads and forged crank. solid roller camshaft and spin it faster. but at what risk? A ls1 or ls2 or even iron block ls based 6.0 could easliy make the same power with more off the shelf parts and probaly do it with less boost.
i dont know what so great about that toyota motor any way. Its over 10 years old and the Gm ls motors these just so much stuff for them
just my rant on the subject
Friday, May 23, 2008 12:01 AM
Friday, May 23, 2008 2:50 AM
carnivorous mouse wrote:how many ls based motors can make that power with turbos. I think this some thing that some one does for the look at me factor. when some one replaces a original motor with ls based motor its for two reasons the original motor in a modified form is to costly to deal with or the stock motor is just to hard and expensive to replace when some thing happens

Yeah i know the 13b can make power we have all seen it but how many times do you see these Rx-7s for sale as a roller?
I mean even a car that truly love and get sick about having to go that route of using a Ls based motor The grand national. I own a turbo regal the motor could be built up witha girdel and aftermarket heads and forged crank. solid roller camshaft and spin it faster. but at what risk? A ls1 or ls2 or even iron block ls based 6.0 could easliy make the same power with more off the shelf parts and probaly do it with less boost.
i dont know what so great about that toyota motor any way. Its over 10 years old and the Gm ls motors these just so much stuff for them
just my rant on the subject

The english language eludes you.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Friday, May 23, 2008 2:52 AM
I'll be the first one to say it's kind of dumb to put that engine in a Camaro. However, if the guy had put an LSx in a Supra (Equally dumb imo) everyone would be raving about how awesome it is.

I think that's rather telling.
Friday, May 23, 2008 3:13 AM
Personally, I think the conversion is interesting from a purely technical perspective, but realistically:
- its classic muscle car meets new engine. It's been done before, and not altogether successfully.
- the engine is capable of making 1000 HP... at a cost about triple what a LSx project would be to make the same HP, and likely still not able to make the car break the 10 second mark in a 1/4 mile.
- The Camaro vs Supra debate is moot, you're talking over 25 years difference between the chassis & suspensions of the 2 cars. As far as the engines, the Chevy 350 is easily the most modifyable engine with the largest parts catalogue in the world bar none.

This is likely just a one-off for a customer (Using a re-production body). I won't knock the car, it looks well done, but it's definitely not my cup of tea.

Friday, May 23, 2008 3:45 AM
I will reconize the work that was put into the car, but come on a 2JZ? Reminds me of F&F3 where they swapped the RB26(?) into that mustang. Its a classic muscle car but why ruin it with a JDM parts? You can build a LSx engine for that kind of power or more. Not to mention the LSx sounds a hell of alot sexier and meaner than a JDM engine.

LSx > 2JZ

"Project 69'"
1969 Chevrolet C/10, 1/2 ton, 2wd
-Boosted LS1?
-Richmond ROD 6-speed(will get sometime)
-Posi 12-bolt(built w/eaton posi unit and richmond 3.73 gears)
-Disc brake and 5 lug swap
+little extras
Friday, May 23, 2008 6:06 AM
i dig the work, and effort, but not the car.

Friday, May 23, 2008 7:18 AM
IMHO, It's a waste of a camaro. 2JZ doesn't impress me one ounce

People say that what doesn't kill you in this life
will make you stronger. I'm not sure if that is true
or not, but i do know one thing-You have to learn from
it and it has to make you better.......it has to.......

Friday, May 23, 2008 12:02 PM
Good way to kill the value of first gen camaros, @!#$ idiot.

Friday, May 23, 2008 1:43 PM
someone watched to much toyko drift FF3

when someone stuffs nissans gaw like RB28DETT into a calssic mustang , someone is bound to swap toyotas gaw like 2JZ motor into a classic camaro

Friday, May 23, 2008 3:49 PM
I still don't get why anyone would be bothered by this when they'd be praising an LSx swap into a Supra. It really is no different. As a matter of fact, it's all those "LSx into everything" swaps that kind of got people not caring about matching the drivetrain to the car make in the first place. The same kind of mentality that will make a guy put a Chevy engine into a Mazda RX7 will make another guy put a Toyota engine into a Chevy. It's inevitable.

Now you finally understand the horror that the rest of world feels when they see a pushrod Chevy engine being put in a Jaguar XK8 or some damn thing.

Besides, has no one thought that maybe the guy looked in his garage, saw a Camaro with no engine in one corner and a 2JZ Turbo in the other from a crashed Supra and went "hmmm..."?

And like I said, if you talk about how an LSx will improve ANYTHING no matter how screwy it'll make the car's handling because of extra weight (The RX7 is a good example) then you lose the right to complain about mismatched engine swaps. Period.

Not to mention that y'all better get used to seeing "Hemi into everything" swaps coming someday. 20$ it's gonna happen because a) it's not a bad engine at all and b) it's expensive and people like to show off how rich they are.

This is just the beginning, you'll see.
Friday, May 23, 2008 4:12 PM
I'm confused. There were no engine shots. How do you know there's a 2JZ under the hood?

Edit: Ok, there's the still picture at the beginning. But why aren't there any engine shots of it running? Fake?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, May 23, 2008 4:13 PM

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search