New Malibu owners......any out there? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Malibu owners......any out there?
Thursday, May 22, 2008 7:45 AM
Anyone out there actually own the new style Malibu yet?

Looking for opinions on how you like it, anything you dislike, etc.

NOT looking for opinions from people who seen it on tv or the internet....I have already read all those comments, kthx

Re: New Malibu owners......any out there?
Thursday, May 22, 2008 8:23 AM
i just was with my grandma last weekend she traded in her altima for the dark red LTZ 3.6 the car is hot and its got nice power to it. the inside is also really nice the seats are soft and the ride is really good. she was looking at the malibu and the camry and she couldint belive how ugly to toyota was so she got the malibu.
Thursday, May 22, 2008 10:53 AM
Thursday, May 22, 2008 11:08 AM
thx Jixed.....I read that thread before I posted, but it seemed it was all speculation from that point. Was hoping maybe someone actually picked one up since then.

Thursday, May 22, 2008 11:23 AM
Coolio.

When I test drove the Malibu I was not impressed with the fit and finish around the doors ... the plastic interior pieces were already peeling and showing gaps on the B-pillar. Parts where plastic pieces over lay each other were also coming apart. This may be due to the fact it was a dealer demo and possibly beat the every living sh1t out of.

The fit and finish of the dash and door panels was fine. There was a lot of room in the rear.

All that aside, I like that the 4cyc now comes with the 6spd Auto Tranny ... that is tasty.

Thursday, May 22, 2008 11:28 AM
JinxedZ THE LOVED ONE wrote:Coolio.

When I test drove the Malibu I was not impressed with the fit and finish around the doors ... the plastic interior pieces were already peeling and showing gaps on the B-pillar. Parts where plastic pieces over lay each other were also coming apart. This may be due to the fact it was a dealer demo and possibly beat the every living sh1t out of.

The fit and finish of the dash and door panels was fine. There was a lot of room in the rear.

All that aside, I like that the 4cyc now comes with the 6spd Auto Tranny ... that is tasty.

Thanks for the input! I've heard that in a few different reviews I've read. I personally have yet to see the interior in person.....but I'll probably go check one out this weekend.
The 6spd tranny is a big plus IMO. I was thinking about looking at a G6 as well, but not sure if I could even force myself to buy one even if I did like it.

Thursday, May 22, 2008 12:54 PM
After driving both, I'd take the G6, but the Malibu is also really nice. I was contemplating buying a hybrid, but it's not worth the extra cash it'd cost over getting rid of the Altima (money or fun-wise).

I had tried the 4 cyl and like Jinxed, I found a lot of fit/finish problems, but I knew it was because it was a dealer loaner, so someone was taking out their aggression toward the dealer on the car. It did have some very nice pep, and was a decently fun drive

Thursday, May 22, 2008 1:15 PM
i had one as a rental, and hated it, ill stick with my 07 malibu. it just wanst a stable car to drive, it looked nice yes, but you could hear the engine inside the car going 30 mph. and the suspension was not the best at all. all around i wouldnt buy a new body style car until the second gen of that bodystyle came out and all the bugs were fixed.

Thursday, May 22, 2008 2:29 PM
my friend got one, pretty much loaded, with the two toned leather interior
seems pretty nice, backseat had some good room, pretty comfy, plenty of get up and go
ride was pretty smooth
of course this is all from the passenger seat and back seat, i've never driven it, but for the price it seems quite nice
i am just not a huge fan of the ass end

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search