Chevy vs Citroen (Transformer commercial take 2) - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Chevy vs Citroen (Transformer commercial take 2)
Friday, May 16, 2008 11:27 AM

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Re: Chevy vs Citroen (Transformer commercial take 2)
Friday, May 16, 2008 11:33 AM
I dig.
And now I dig the Aveo, especially since GM dropped the Daewoo engine and put in a European Ecotec engine, with a GM computer. Improved.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Friday, May 16, 2008 1:08 PM
HaHa nice i like it

Friday, May 16, 2008 2:21 PM
2-door Aveo? that one looks pretty nice, but of course us stupid Americans will get stuck with the ugly, "practical" 4-door.

Friday, May 16, 2008 3:18 PM
Brown Eye wrote:2-door Aveo? that one looks pretty nice, but of course us stupid Americans will get stuck with the ugly, "practical" 4-door.

I don't see anything particularly impractical about the Aveo3 (it's called a 3 door, not a 2 door). If I was looking for a commuter, the smaller car would appeal to me. I already have a big vehicle for the family, and I wouldn't give that up.

I really do hope the Aveo3 does make it to these shores. People are still buying old Metros because of their fuel economy. GM needs something new to step in and fill that space. The Fit/Versa/Yaris are not living up to their potential after all. You can consider yourself lucky if you are getting 33mpg in a Yaris, for example. That's not particularly good fuel economy for a car that is so small.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about

Friday, May 16, 2008 6:10 PM
id consider the 3dr , but itll have to be 5-10mpg higher than a astra

Sunday, May 18, 2008 4:45 PM
damn.. did anyone notice the junk that went flying off the Citroen?

Monday, May 19, 2008 2:38 AM
Citroen? Isn't that a Focus? And why would chevy bother poking fun at citroen when they're not even in the US market?

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Monday, May 19, 2008 4:08 AM
JerseyJayLN2 (Scarab) wrote:Citroen? Isn't that a Focus? And why would chevy bother poking fun at citroen when they're not even in the US market?

notice it says Chevrolet Europe? thats a European commercial in which case...it IS a competitor

Monday, May 19, 2008 10:27 AM
JerseyJayLN2 (Scarab) wrote:Citroen? Isn't that a Focus? And why would chevy bother poking fun at citroen when they're not even in the US market?

I'm guessing you never saw the original commercial. This has nothing to do with the car, it is Chevy vs Citroen advertising departments.

Monday, May 19, 2008 1:56 PM
DroptopPaul wrote:

notice it says Chevrolet Europe? thats a European commercial in which case...it IS a competitor

Ooops... Reading pwnz me.... It just struck me that the actors were obviously american, speaking in american accented english... I'd have figured a european commercial would have british actors if it was in english, or not be in english at all.

Quote:

I'm guessing you never saw the original commercial. This has nothing to do with the car, it is Chevy vs Citroen advertising departments.

No, I saw it. Just missed the "chevroleteurope.com", so now it makes sense where it didn't before.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said

Monday, May 19, 2008 7:04 PM

And the original Citroen:

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 6:41 PM
Dave wrote:
Brown Eye wrote:2-door Aveo? that one looks pretty nice, but of course us stupid Americans will get stuck with the ugly, "practical" 4-door.

I don't see anything particularly impractical about the Aveo3 (it's called a 3 door, not a 2 door). If I was looking for a commuter, the smaller car would appeal to me. I already have a big vehicle for the family, and I wouldn't give that up.

I really do hope the Aveo3 does make it to these shores. People are still buying old Metros because of their fuel economy. GM needs something new to step in and fill that space. The Fit/Versa/Yaris are not living up to their potential after all. You can consider yourself lucky if you are getting 33mpg in a Yaris, for example. That's not particularly good fuel economy for a car that is so small.

Yeah I've been watching Metros go anywhere between $2000-$6000 on ebay. I'd love to pick up something like this new Aveo for a daily driver. It's not like gas prices are going to go back down...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search