2005 Toyota Matrix - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2005 Toyota Matrix
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 3:20 PM
So the Mazda 5 idea is out the window. It's impossible to find any used ones in this area that aren't ridiculously expensive.

I have, however, found a killer deal on a 2005 Matrix with only 27k miles. It is the XR tirm level.

Any feedback? Known issues? I know they're a bit slow on the highway. But it fits what I need.

Any thoughts?

-John

Re: 2005 Toyota Matrix
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 5:58 PM
just get a vibe

5 seconds to find another street...

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 6:01 PM
Damn, and the 5 is such a better car ...

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 6:19 PM
Not really... I'd take a Vibe/Matrix over a 5 any day.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 6:21 PM
And I'd take the 5 over the Vibe/Matrix any day ... because it is a better car.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 7:05 PM
can't go wring with a matrix, they are reliable cheap to maintain, pretty good on gas, they have some room. The interior is cool as hell IMO, i love the gauge setup. Thy are slow as balls but then again they aren't meant to fast.

My mom has an 06 XR automatic and she loves it, nothing has ever broke or wore out on it other then the tires so far.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 9:24 PM
Great car, solid engine, and fun, too. AWD makes it great all year round. Not as good on gas as the corolla, though. Not sure why, but the dealership window sticker reported way less fuel economy. All around a great car, even with the drop in mileage (might be from the AWD system, or it may weight a little more)

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 9:42 PM
AWD go through suspension parts like mad. or something. ummm i heard something bad about the suspension i think.... google that, other than those points it is a solid car.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 9:43 PM
matrix. its a toyota. 5. its a mazda.

i trust the toyota more. imo.

WiGM-Tuners member.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 10:26 PM
I still like the 5 better, to be honest. I love the idea of seating for six and all the room. I do really dig the Matrix big time as well. If it were a difference of only a few dollars, I'd be going for the 5, but we're talking more like 6-7 THOUSAND dollars difference. Like I said, the deal I can get on this Matrix is amazing... I'm cashing in a big favor...

I'm going to go test drive it tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be in my parking lot by the end of the week.

-John

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search