2009 Corolla aftermarket parts? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2009 Corolla aftermarket parts?
Saturday, May 10, 2008 11:02 AM
Hi guys!

I am now the proud owner of a brand new 2009 Toyota Corolla S. I am now looking for aftermarket parts but can't seem to find anything on the net for the 09's. Anybody would know a web site for them???

Pics will be posted in a week or so, as soon as thet deliver it! I want to mod it on day 1. Got a 4000$ budget for mods.

Thank you very much in advance!

Re: 2009 Corolla aftermarket parts?
Saturday, May 10, 2008 11:48 AM
Take that $4000 and open up a high interest savings account with a bank you are not currently affiliated with. After the account is open, apply for a $4000 credit card.

Use this credit card, and only this credit card, for gas, and gas only.

Pay it off monthly.

Gas is covered for 2-3 years, you are building great credit along the way, and you didnt just piss away $4000 on buying doofus wally mods for a Corolla.

Saturday, May 10, 2008 12:10 PM
JinxedZ THE LOVED ONE wrote:Take that $4000 and open up a high interest savings account with a bank you are not currently affiliated with. After the account is open, apply for a $4000 credit card.

Pay it off monthly.

Gas is covered for 2-3 years, you are building great credit along the way, and you didnt just piss away $4000 on buying doofus wally mods for a Corolla.

Best advice ever given on JBO...EVER!

Now heres the worste advice ever. Buy some stick-on hood scoops from autozone, apc stickers, LED tailpipes, LED Washer Sprayers, Turbonator, Ebay chip and add a 300 spray of NOS on your stock engine without tuning. Also put plenty of graphics, get a sticker that says CORALLA for your front and rear window, put a huge wing on it, and 3 pairs of fog lights. Coolest car EVAAAAAAAA!!

Saturday, May 10, 2008 1:26 PM
Quote:

Take that $4000 and open up a high interest savings account with a bank you are not currently affiliated with. After the account is open, apply for a $4000 credit card.

Pay it off monthly.

Thanks for the financial consulting. My finances are very good, thanks anyway. The 4000$ is money I WANT to spend making the car look the way I want. This 4 grand is not the money left in my bank account, don't worry.

Quote:

Buy some stick-on hood scoops from autozone, apc stickers, LED tailpipes, LED Washer Sprayers, Turbonator, Ebay chip and add a 300 spray of NOS on your stock engine without tuning. Also put plenty of graphics, get a sticker that says CORALLA for your front and rear window, put a huge wing on it, and 3 pairs of fog lights. Coolest car EVAAAAAAAA!!

I'm 27 years old. I'm not like 96% of the people on here, thanks anyway. What makes your car better than my Corolla? You sound like a fuc/ing dumbass anyway.

By the way, what's wrong with modding a Corolla? This car is a million times more reliable than my Cavalier and looks way better!

Saturday, May 10, 2008 2:02 PM
cav/fire > corolla
sorry buddy, but thats all there is to it, but if you want to mod it, lower it, get rims, tint, same as anyother car man, it'll still be a corolla, just as mines still a fire
and if thats a new body style than parts wont come too quick

Saturday, May 10, 2008 4:02 PM
Why didnt get u an xrs? or matrix xrs?

5 seconds to find another street...

Saturday, May 10, 2008 6:44 PM
Congrats on the new ride man, can't wait for you to post pics.

How do you like the car so far?

I think you'll have to wait a while for the parts for the revamped Corolla to come forth.
Saturday, May 10, 2008 8:32 PM
FactoryPhreak wrote:
Quote:

Buy some stick-on hood scoops from autozone, apc stickers, LED tailpipes, LED Washer Sprayers, Turbonator, Ebay chip and add a 300 spray of NOS on your stock engine without tuning. Also put plenty of graphics, get a sticker that says CORALLA for your front and rear window, put a huge wing on it, and 3 pairs of fog lights. Coolest car EVAAAAAAAA!!

I'm 27 years old. I'm not like 96% of the people on here, thanks anyway. What makes your car better than my Corolla? You sound like a fuc/ing dumbass anyway.

By the way, what's wrong with modding a Corolla? This car is a million times more reliable than my Cavalier and looks way better!

I'm pretty sure he wasn't trying to be a dick, he was using HUMOR. And not once in his joke/advise did he say his car was better than yours, Napoleon (yeah, I basically just said your penis is small - it's OK, mine is too). And, since your Corolla is brand new, how do you know that it's a million times more reliable than a Cavalier? Maybe the frame will rot away like a Tacoma, or the cams will fall out of the engine like a Tundra, or the engine will blow up when it fills with engine sludge like a Lexus RX. And looks are subjective, but a 4-door econo-box is not sexy. And yes, I am like 96% of the people on this site, an ass hole. You are what you eat, right?

Sunday, May 11, 2008 4:23 AM
Go with some TRD Parts if your going to mod it, keep it clean and simple. Just do a couple things. I would at max budget myself to $1000-$1500 at max, put the money way let if grow some interest and later down the road if you want use some more for modding. Never know when you might have a rainy day or week for that matter that you'll need the spare money.

TRD parts.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Sunday, May 11, 2008 8:58 AM
unless the 09 is a carryover model from 08 or 07 good luck

I got a hard enough time trying to find aftermarket parts for my 08 f-150. and I think it is a safe assumption that the f-150 has a better aftermarket then the corolla.

(keep in mind my f-150 has a 4.6 and not the 5.4 so I can't just bolt on a supercharger and call it a day)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Those so naive, so hard headed, so narcissistic, that think that buy their own efforts can single handedly change the world, are always the ones that do.
Sunday, May 11, 2008 7:20 PM
TRD shocks and springs.

TTE 18 inchers + rubbers (obviously)

TRD exhaust

Call it a day.

--------------------------------------------------------
2002 Sunfire -->
- Ractive steering wheel
- ASA 17" EM9 + Nexen N5000 215/45/17 (steelies for winter)
- D-Spec Lowering kit @ 1.4" (issues currently )
- Rockford P250.1 + MTX MZS1004 + Panasonic CQ-C8313U head unit
- Barely legal tint.

Sunday, May 11, 2008 10:04 PM
Pay no attention to the J > Corolla guys. They're a little biased . Corollas are great cars, and congrats on the new ride. I'm going to keep my '07 until it doesn't move, or it becomes illegal to drive gasoline powered cars (whichever comes first, I say the gas is illegal one will).

Iirc, the '09s are still using the 1ZZFE. Therefore, anything for the 03-08 engine-wise should work. Usually the dealership is pretty cool about telling you what will and what won't work. Here is my total plan for my '07:

eBay intake
Header
Exhaust
High Flow cat
Either AEM or Unorthodox pulleys
Energy Suspension motor mount inserts
TRD lowering springs
Steel braided brake lines
Decent brake pads (possibly TRD Pads)
15" Motegi rims (stock size rubber is fairly cheap)
Hotchkis sway bars
Decent shocks

Not a huge list, not very expensive (compared to some of the crazy builds you see on other cars), but it should make for a decent car when it's done (that and it's a Corolla, I have a certain level of road-courtesy to maintain driving this thing). For an automatic, anyway. But my wife doesn't like driving stick, so I'm stuck on that front.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, May 12, 2008 3:00 AM
and then teh stock ecotec will still rape you straight line

just messin with you do whatever the hell you want

Those so naive, so hard headed, so narcissistic, that think that buy their own efforts can single handedly change the world, are always the ones that do.
Monday, May 12, 2008 8:20 AM
I like the new style corolla's. I'd just buy some wheels and purchase a ton of bolt-on's and call it a day. IMO

Monday, May 12, 2008 12:06 PM
Toyota already made it. It's called the 2ZZ. Doing basic breathing mods on a 1ZZ is the equivilent of doing Riverdance on a treadmill; It might look and sound a little better, but you're still going nowhere.

Put the cash towards handling/braking, if you want the car to be a bit more fun. Did the suspension setup change from '08 or not? Doubtful Toyota changed a whole lot. When they become available, TRD struts/springs, Hotchkis sway bars, polyurethane bushings. Nab the rear disc setup from a Corolla XRS/Matrix. Whatever wheels float your boat. Done.

1989 Z24 Convertible - Dust Covered
2006 tC - Dust Covered, but driven more
Monday, May 12, 2008 3:55 PM
ok... just my input here.

1. Get the stick out of your ass. READ what he actualy said and meant before snapping. And don't think you are better than everyone and can just walk around treating people like you are. You definately have a big napoleon complex if you seriously just flipped your lid because one guy gave advice on not pissing away 4 grand modding your car, and another guy made a @!#$ joke. Go cut yourself you insecure putz.

2. Scott, there were no "J>Corolla" guys, or any biased comments or comparisons made at all. Where the hell are you reading?

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Monday, May 12, 2008 4:01 PM
you shouldn't have gotten a corrola if you wanted to mod it... you should have got a tC instead

Monday, May 12, 2008 5:42 PM
[quote=¤FactoryPhreak¤]
Quote:

Pay it off monthly.

Thanks for the financial consulting. My finances are very good, thanks anyway. The 4000$ is money I WANT to spend making the car look the way I want. This 4 grand is not the money left in my bank account, don't worry.

Quote:

Guy are you that F*cking retarted???? I was joking, JinxedZ gave u great advice. (really, no joke) I was giving u "Bad" advice. How gay are u that u cant pick out sarcasm. O BTW no where did i say my car was better, or looks better D*ck!

Monday, May 12, 2008 11:21 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:ok... just my input here.

1. Get the stick out of your ass. READ what he actualy said and meant before snapping. And don't think you are better than everyone and can just walk around treating people like you are. You definately have a big napoleon complex if you seriously just flipped your lid because one guy gave advice on not pissing away 4 grand modding your car, and another guy made a @!#$ joke. Go cut yourself you insecure putz.

2. Scott, there were no "J>Corolla" guys, or any biased comments or comparisons made at all. Where the hell are you reading?

Casey Schaaf's comment. If you took anything about that one line serious, well, text never really has emphasis anywhere, but it really was meant as a cheap joke. Yeah, the joke sucked, and I should've quoted the original line, but I tossed it out there anyways.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search