What the heck!? mystery Aztec - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What the heck!? mystery Aztec
Wednesday, April 02, 2008 7:29 PM
So i logged on today and the first story to pop up on MSN was the best and worse cars to own.

And I was like what the heck is up with that Aztek?

The yellow one (obviously) I can say i've NEVER seen that front end on any production aztek before. and although i still don't like it much...i actually think that front end design is a lot better looking than the craptastic design they offered. Anyone ever seen this Aztek front design before?

And am I wrong in saying that it's probably the way they should have built it?

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Re: What the heck!? mystery Aztec
Wednesday, April 02, 2008 7:39 PM
it is the 1999 concept.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 7:45 PM
Hmmm. Looks to me like they should have stuck more to the concept.

That concept looks more like it's on the Tahoe platform...that would have been awesome.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 8:00 PM

427ci, 6-speed, RWD. I would drive it.

"Project 69'"
1969 Chevrolet C/10, 1/2 ton, 2wd
-Boosted LS1?
-Richmond ROD 6-speed(will get sometime)
-Posi 12-bolt(built w/eaton posi unit and richmond 3.73 gears)
-Disc brake and 5 lug swap
+little extras
Wednesday, April 02, 2008 9:24 PM
Tinkles wrote:

427ci, 6-speed, RWD. I would drive it.

Every time the Asstec is mentioned I think of that one, and always say I would drive it...

I miss her^
Wednesday, April 02, 2008 10:14 PM
Rob Weis (RobsCavZ24) wrote:
Every time the Asstec is mentioned I think of that one, and always say I would drive it...

... the problem is that you could pour half as much money
into any other car to make it look just as good if not better.

[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] coach built xj  ( o   \[][][][][][][]/  o ) hid wj
Wednesday, April 02, 2008 11:44 PM
D.S.S. Cavalier wrote:it is the 1999 concept.

Geezus H christmas! Who stole pieces of the original Star Trek set for that thing to be put together?

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, April 03, 2008 4:47 AM
lol i read this a few weeks ago on yahoo. apparently last year only 57 were sold.

Thursday, April 03, 2008 5:11 AM
StrippedCav98 (Now Quotable) wrote:lol i read this a few weeks ago on yahoo. apparently last year only 57 were sold.

Wasn't 2005 the last year they were made?

Thursday, April 03, 2008 5:34 AM
zero wrote:
StrippedCav98 (Now Quotable) wrote:lol i read this a few weeks ago on yahoo. apparently last year only 57 were sold.

Wasn't 2005 the last year they were made?

yup. thats what they quoted too. they didnt know if they should of interviewed the person who bought it or the sales person who managed to sell one of those off the lot

Thursday, April 03, 2008 7:09 AM
That article was really biased. Only 3 american cars(Buick and two Lincolns) and 2 german cars(porsche and BMW) made the best used cars list the rest were japanese, no suprise there. Most of the american cars made the worst list along with a few Nissans and VW's.

Thursday, April 03, 2008 11:54 AM
Interesting. My mom bought her Aztek in late 2001 and has had it ever since. Absolutely zero problems with it and it has about 185k on it. It drives great, and is extremely useful. The only thing that I don't like about it is the way it looks, obviously.

Thursday, April 03, 2008 11:54 PM
Spike J wrote:That article was really biased. Only 3 american cars(Buick and two Lincolns) and 2 german cars(porsche and BMW) made the best used cars list the rest were japanese, no suprise there. Most of the american cars made the worst list along with a few Nissans and VW's.

Not to flame...but why when quality tests are performed and they don't favor domestics there's always at least one person that has to claim it's biased or fixed. Can't it just be those makes & models are simply just junk? It's a reality, not hype that import cars are better made, sorry.
We're at least catching up to their standards though. And hey, in some models they're (imports) now producing some turd bombs in the reliability department as of late. But i have to agree that i didn't fully understand how the Asstek made the worst list. Everyone i know that has or had one says they were/are the bast car they ever owned. And as far as i knew (untill this article) they were great solid cars.

Sunday, April 06, 2008 2:26 PM
i've driven an aztec once. it had some spunk surprisingly. and as for them polls and best/worst lists, don't listen to them because they are a bunch of $hit. they can favor the jap scraps all they want, but the fact of the matter is that on average, the americans still have the best cars going today. this whole jap cars are better than american cars thing is finally fading. slowly but fading. it's been a smokescreen for years that is finally starting to clear up. when you want the truth look at the stats not them useless polls. And no, i am not saying japs don't build good cars because they do, we just do it a little better.

please read this again in five years so i can say i told you so

People say that what doesn't kill you in this life
will make you stronger. I'm not sure if that is true
or not, but i do know one thing-You have to learn from
it and it has to make you better.......it has to.......

Sunday, April 06, 2008 3:53 PM
Jookycola wrote:
Spike J wrote:That article was really biased. Only 3 american cars(Buick and two Lincolns) and 2 german cars(porsche and BMW) made the best used cars list the rest were japanese, no suprise there. Most of the american cars made the worst list along with a few Nissans and VW's.

Not to flame...but why when quality tests are performed and they don't favor domestics there's always at least one person that has to claim it's biased or fixed. Can't it just be those makes & models are simply just junk? It's a reality, not hype that import cars are better made, sorry.
The gap has been closing steadily for the last 10 years. JD Power, and several other enumeration firms (not Consumer reports, who do their work by blind survey which means you really don't need to own the product) have born that out. The last Malibu iteration, the G6, Grand Prix, the Montana/sv6... all of these got equal or higher marks as their equivalent Honda/Toyota counterpart, and the perception is that they're junk. Well, if an engineers assessment and several accounting firms can't change the public's mind, maybe Toyota's every car recall and every truck recall would right? No?

People (even a LOT of people that call themselves car guys) aren't all that bright.

Quote:

We're at least catching up to their standards though. And hey, in some models they're (imports) now producing some turd bombs in the reliability department as of late. But i have to agree that i didn't fully understand how the Asstek made the worst list. Everyone i know that has or had one says they were/are the bast car they ever owned. And as far as i knew (untill this article) they were great solid cars.

And as if it needs to be said: Consumer Reports is full of it. Azteks are damned ugly to some people (I still think GM is the only manufacturer to put that out in a non-blandified or prettied up version, and that takes balls), but ugly doesn't mean unreliable... I've yet to hear from people that bought one that had major problems with them (and I know at least 10 people that have them currently).

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search