^(@#)*#$ i hate my tC - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
^(@#)*#$ i hate my tC
Sunday, February 24, 2008 8:13 PM
ok ive never had this happen to me before but im starting to seriously hate this car... like i might have disliked cars ive owned before but this is growing past that point .. few months ago after i bought it brand new the car got massive amounts of rattles and noises so i brought it to the dealer ship and they fixed them.. now they are back and the dealership wont help me out and its driving me crazy.. this amount of rattles shouldn't happen in a brand new car imho

i was thinking about trading in my brand new 08 Tc on something that is solid built and rattle free.. any suggestions would be great.. i can probably get around 17.5-18k for a trade in on my car so keep that in mind

ive been thinking maybe a M6 04 GTO with around 30k on it .. how does that sound?

Re: ^(@#)*#$ i hate my tC
Sunday, February 24, 2008 8:19 PM
you could get a c5 for that. or a 04-06 sti or evo

Sunday, February 24, 2008 8:19 PM
Want to go back to the LS1 eh?

How many steps to heaven, Doc?
...Ah, metaphysics.
Sunday, February 24, 2008 8:21 PM
But but

Toyotas are so reliable!!!

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, February 24, 2008 8:31 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:But but

apparently not when it comes to rattles ugg...
right now im only liking how my car looks. i think its a very attractive car but to me truly liking and enjoying it is much more then thinking your car looks hot. im sure it does it for a lot of people though

i miss the interior quality of my BMW and i miss the power of my Trans am so thats why im thinking GTO .. does anyone know if they rattle?

Sunday, February 24, 2008 9:25 PM

Yeah and one tC out of how many 1000's sold makes all toyotas unreliable now

It's the complete opposite of the j-body where if you get a reliable one that doesn't rattle it's a big deal.

I would totally go with the GTO, from what my friend says the interior build is tight like a German car. He's had his for 3 years now and it's dead quiet inside still. No rattles or squeeks to speak of. To me that's the best of both worlds, German like build and handling...American power. Who'd of thought Aussies would get it so right?

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Monday, February 25, 2008 2:05 AM
hmmm, so is this the part where we laugh at you for having sold the LSX car you used to have and didn't listen when everyone told you you weren't going to be happy with a TC or other small car? Yep, I think it is......

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Monday, February 25, 2008 2:28 AM
im telling you bro, buy a mini, you were thinking of it before

these cars are solid as hell, drive like a go cart, and if you want can be quite fast

im not going to tell you i told you so, im just saying that if you go back to LSX that cool, but obviously youre going to be paying for the power in gas

just IM or PM me and i will answer any question you have about minis

Monday, February 25, 2008 10:00 AM
indibluemini3 (aka navycav3) wrote:im not going to tell you i told you so, im just saying that if you go back to LSX that cool, but obviously youre going to be paying for the power in gas

why is it people think the LSx's are bad on gas?!?! because its an American V8 right??

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/19649.shtml

16 City
26 Highway

Personally i think thats pretty damn good for 350 hp and 360 tq dont you?

idk about you guys....but my sunfire gets 30 mpg on the highway...so figure 200 hp more and 4 mpg less.....think about it...

id say go with the goat...i want one sooooo bad

Monday, February 25, 2008 10:38 AM
i have a tc....almost 45k on it..not one rattle except the lil trim piece that covers the radio

and i drive on dirt roads

Monday, February 25, 2008 11:20 AM
Chris DeNisco wrote:
indibluemini3 (aka navycav3) wrote:im not going to tell you i told you so, im just saying that if you go back to LSX that cool, but obviously youre going to be paying for the power in gas

why is it people think the LSx's are bad on gas?!?! because its an American V8 right??

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/19649.shtml

16 City
26 Highway

Personally i think thats pretty damn good for 350 hp and 360 tq dont you?

idk about you guys....but my sunfire gets 30 mpg on the highway...so figure 200 hp more and 4 mpg less.....think about it...

id say go with the goat...i want one sooooo bad

Although that city mpg rating is not that impressive, that highway mileage is amazing. Personally i think f-bodies are fantastic road trip cars. Some would disagree because of the huge bumps in the floorbard...I didn't mind them. I thought it was very comfortable inside. I only had a V6 Camaro rental several times and loved it. Tack on another 150 or more hp and i'd say that would be a really great car to have. Now if you do A LOT of driving like on-road sales or a company rep or something, or much of your daily driving is just around town i'd say that's not the car to have.

I say you stop for a second. Breathe.
Realize your tC may infact be a lemon. and know that you should probably get out of it asap. But plan your next move well before just getting the next car. As long as the tC is running and the problems you have are just basically unacceptable levels of interior noise. I'd take my time and actually seriously research my next car to the point that you know everything about it.

You should absolutely drive a Mini-S. And not one drive a few. Drive a new one at the dealer, then hit the autotrader and find a few locally and arrange to drive a few of those. To get a feel of how they feel used oppossed to new. Read up on them online.

Do this with GTO (which you can't drive new, but drive a few of them before buying) and any other car your interested in. Even if you fall in love with one you drove...don't impulse buy. make sure you go out and drive a few more still. Because people do crazy things to hide problems. So you want to make sure you drive a few and see if 9 out of 10 cars you drive all rattle in the dash...why did the one you loved not rattle?

I think if you loved your BMW and dug the power of the F-body. the GTO is the only way to go. It is a very refined muscle car. But if you want something very good on gas but can still be a blast to drive and not boring. Your cheating yourself by not looking at Mini-S's.

Monday, February 25, 2008 3:19 PM
Jookycola wrote:

It's the complete opposite of the j-body where if you get a reliable one that doesn't rattle it's a big deal.

I would totally go with the GTO, from what my friend says the interior build is tight like a German car. He's had his for 3 years now and it's dead quiet inside still. No rattles or squeeks to speak of. To me that's the best of both worlds, German like build and handling...American power. Who'd of thought Aussies would get it so right?

He got a good GTO then. Oh and its German like build and handling (they suck balls) because its an Opel. Come to think of it the Catera is the predacesor to the GTO platform. Yeah that was a good car, right??? I used to have to deal with these things all the time at the dealer. My Cav has fewer rattles that the vast majority of the GTOs I saw come through the dealer, even the new ones. I will stay away from the GTO.

Toyota build quality has been poor for many years but nobody will admit it.

Monday, February 25, 2008 5:16 PM
Is this déjà vu or am I seeing another one of these threads? You make up your mind less than my woman damn it.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 9:28 PM
i'm going tomorrow to test drive a dark silver 06 GTI with DSG and leather interior... ill let ya know how i make out

im having a problem finding a GTO with a manual transmission in my price range

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 9:32 PM
Jookycola wrote:

I have 3 friends with tC's and they are dead quiet.

Ever stop and think it is just yours?

Being a Scion owner myself, my xB is dead @ss quiet too!!!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 9:50 PM
eh idk about that i do have quite a few friends with them now as im a member of a local scion car club that meets twice a month and id say atleast half of them clam to have bad rattling. apparently is a mixed bag with them. the hatch and radio door rattles are the most common.

i would return the car if i could.. i wish the lemon laws applied to rattles becuase i know they would never be able to fix them all lol

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 1:40 AM
UnXpectedError wrote:i'm going tomorrow to test drive a dark silver 06 GTI with DSG and leather interior... ill let ya know how i make out

im having a problem finding a GTO with a manual transmission in my price range

Five bucks says you'll just post another one of these threads if you get it.
Look harder for a GTO, the 04s cant be too hard to find.

How many steps to heaven, Doc?
...Ah, metaphysics.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008 9:57 AM
meh, im going to stop posting in your threads, if people like cannon give you all that advice and you dont listen then why come on here posting?

just to let off some steam?

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 5:14 PM
well went to the VW dealership today and they didn't have the GTI that i called about i guess they sold it yesterday after i called. so i test drove a GLI .. pretty nice car with a lot of pick up and go but i didn't like the look of it.. not only that but when we where trying to figure out trade in numbers they only wanted to give me 13.5k for my brand new 08 tC with TRD everything(besides S/C) and only 2800 miles on the od .... i seriously laughed in the guys face and walked out the door

its like common even the trade in on a base manual tC 07's with 13k miles on the od is worth 14k on trade in

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:55 PM
Get the GTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will never look back. My buddy has one and its just sick!

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Wednesday, February 27, 2008 10:41 PM
mitdr774 wrote:
Jookycola wrote:

He got a good GTO then. Oh and its German like build and handling (they suck balls) because its an Opel. Come to think of it the Catera is the predacesor to the GTO platform. Yeah that was a good car, right??? I used to have to deal with these things all the time at the dealer. My Cav has fewer rattles that the vast majority of the GTOs I saw come through the dealer, even the new ones. I will stay away from the GTO.

Toyota build quality has been poor for many years but nobody will admit it.

you are a dumb ass...gto is made in Australia by holden

If I'm weird and everyone else is weird, does that make me normal?
-me

Versus Motorsports really @!#$ sucks
and so does DHL...but more

Thursday, February 28, 2008 6:29 AM
Yeah, i just caught that. It's totally NOT an Opel. So is there a reason you won't even look at a mini? Do you even look at consumer reports or any other "outside" party quality research? VW's have awful resale and reliability...Ask Darkstars.

I'd take a rattley tC before i ever took a chance on a VW. Not till i hear a few years of people coming forward and saying VW's have improved their quality. Like what happened to Hyundai.

The mini is a far better put together car than a volkswagen, holds resale, and is alot more fun to toss around. Seriously if your not going with a gto and sticking with a small car your wasting time looking at anything else. I mean you could look at another RSX-S...but other than that everything else in the compact class is either boring or shoddyly built.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 10:10 AM
indibluemini3 (aka navycav3) wrote:

im not going to tell you i told you so, im just saying that if you go back to LSX that cool, but obviously youre going to be paying for the power in gas

LOL I have seen the M6 LS1 cars get 38mpg on the highway at 75, I'd say that's pretty damn good for having over 300hp on demand.

1983 Camaro Z28
Thursday, February 28, 2008 1:02 PM
no doubt thats awesome, but you arent going to get that right out of the box with a GTO, and i sure as hell would be more tempted to have a bit of a lead foot if i had 300+ horsepower under the hood

Thursday, February 28, 2008 4:21 PM
If I had 300hp and an M6, yeah.. I wouldn't be seeing that good of gas mileage either. :lol:

1983 Camaro Z28
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search