My Cobalt, finally tinted... - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My Cobalt, finally tinted...
Friday, January 11, 2008 2:00 PM
Yeah it's not a J-body but I use to own one Heres my 2006 Cobalt LT, got the windows done this morning.

Let me know what you think...

Oh and springs are next on my list, just waiting for work to had out our W2s.

Lastly, those headlights aren't stock.... at all

Re: My Cobalt, finally tinted...
Friday, January 11, 2008 2:07 PM
what % is that it looks too dark like illegal

Friday, January 11, 2008 2:13 PM
..It's 18% and you are correct they are not legal but only by 2%. Also the car is sitting in the shade. During the day you see through fine.

Friday, January 11, 2008 2:17 PM
Steve W wrote:..It's 18% and you are correct they are not legal but only by 2%. Also the car is sitting in the shade. During the day you see through fine.

huh?? if i recall nebraska allows only 35% on all windows? i remember because i thought it was awesome you guys acctually get to tint the side windows a fair amount legally. but then i said it would suck to only be able to go 35% on the rears.

anyways steve, looks good man, i love the blacked out stuff.

Friday, January 11, 2008 2:18 PM
It's 35% up front and 20% in the back... so I'm pushing it . The same tint I had on my cavalier that I drove for 3 years and never once had a problem.

Friday, January 11, 2008 2:21 PM
Steve W wrote:It's 35% up front and 20% in the back... so I'm pushing it . The same tint I had on my cavalier that I drove for 3 years and never once had a problem.

drive up 29 deep into iowa sometime... you wont be saying that for long the state dick's love tint tickets

Friday, January 11, 2008 2:26 PM
Is window tint a serious enough offense to pull me over? In omaha they don't pull you over strictly for the window tint, it's a secondary offense. So if I get pulled over I'm gunna have a big ticket. First offense + Window Tint + Headlights.... ouch.

Friday, January 11, 2008 2:31 PM
Steve W wrote:Is window tint a serious enough offense to pull me over? In omaha they don't pull you over strictly for the window tint,
it's a secondary offense. So if I get pulled over I'm gunna have a big ticket. First offense + Window Tint + Headlights.... ouch.

Yes. I got pulled over last year for front tinted windows that weren't even TINTED!

4th place 3rd Gen WILD 2007 GM Tuner Bash Car Show
Friday, January 11, 2008 2:33 PM
ouch. I think my camera phone makes it look darker than they really are too... please keep that in mind, crappy quality camera and the car is basically in the shade.

Friday, January 11, 2008 2:35 PM
Steve W wrote:Is window tint a serious enough offense to pull me over? In omaha they don't pull you over strictly for the window tint, it's a secondary offense. So if I get pulled over I'm gunna have a big ticket. First offense + Window Tint + Headlights.... ouch.

absolutely, they will pull you over JUST for tint. ive had it happen on plenty of ocasions. be careful not to be a dick to the cop though, you might find yourself actually scrapping it off with a razor blade on the scene. i sh!t you not.

the thing is, the omaha cops pry dont give a flying F about it cuz they have much more important things to worry about.

an iowa tint ticket is right around $85.00 IIRC.

Friday, January 11, 2008 2:43 PM
why would you get a ticket for your headlights?

Friday, January 11, 2008 3:09 PM
this would be other car section as well.

Friday, January 11, 2008 6:02 PM
I have been pulled over just for tint twice, once on my honeymoon and once a block from my house. Both times I got a ticket just for tint for $135.

No joke.

I took it off after the second one.

I had went for 4 or 5 years with the same % on 2 different cars and never had any trouble but then got it twice in 2 months.

Friday, January 11, 2008 6:41 PM
yep, thats the game.

no matter how long you've gone without getting caught, its just a matter of time before you do. and the cops take it so personally to, as if you had a gun barried in your shorts waiting to blow them off the map. so a lot of them act like your a cop killa.

Friday, January 11, 2008 8:12 PM
Carbon Cavi wrote:why would you get a ticket for your headlights?

They aren't DOT approved. They have a set of E55 projectors retro-fitted into them. They look really clean and most people don't even notice them, but I do.

Friday, January 11, 2008 9:07 PM
I highly doubt the cops would notice that.

Friday, January 11, 2008 9:13 PM
Thank You. That mean's I did a good job.

Friday, January 11, 2008 9:29 PM
no way a cop would notice the headlights. yea I got stopped for my windows once. He let me go with a warning which was cool. no problems since then and that was a few years ago. but if its as light as you say, i'm sure you'll be fine. looks good tho

Friday, January 11, 2008 9:48 PM
the cops around here are not that nice... I wanted to go 20 on my sides to match my backs... but if you get pulled over here most cops will strike your tint and make a scrape across it.... plus a fine.... and the fines progress so even if you get it re tinted you could face a larger fine
Friday, January 11, 2008 9:54 PM
Mine's 2 0or 15% in back and 35(50 is legal in ohio) up front and I've been pulled over twice for different things..just pull the window down before they get to the car and they usually don't mess with ya..haha

Saturday, January 12, 2008 7:52 AM
You guys do know if you just go tell your doctor that the sun hurts you eyes while your driving they will give you a doctors note saying you are legal up to so dark of a tint.

Saturday, January 12, 2008 7:55 AM
I tried that at the eye doctor once and he said that he does do it but before he will write the note that there is a bunch of tests that he would have to do to test my sensitivity to light, I said thats ok.

Saturday, January 12, 2008 6:32 PM
lol, yeah... That doesn't seem worth it.

Saturday, January 12, 2008 7:03 PM
Looks good,I drove my GF's friend's 2.4 SS Cobalt and def. like it.I'd love to take that car and throw a turbo on it.

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Saturday, January 12, 2008 7:10 PM
Yeah, Hahn finally released the kit to do so a few months ago. Outragous price tag, but I bet it's fun.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search