Keep an eye on Lexus - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Keep an eye on Lexus
Friday, December 28, 2007 11:32 AM
http://www.egmcartech.com/2007/12/28/lexus-lf-a-breaks-porsche-gt2s-nurburgring-record-unofficially

Quote:

Everyone is so proud of the Nissan GT-R and its Nurburgring lap time of 7:38.54 seconds. Well, according to a new report by AutoExpress, another upcoming Japanese supercar has unofficially smashed the lap record of the Porsche GT2 at Germany’s Nurburgring.

The Lexus LF-A has lapped the famous Nurburgring in 7 minutes and 24 seconds, beating the Porsche GT2 by one second. The beastly Lexus is expected to have a 5.0 liter unit that produces 500 horsepower with a top speed of 200mph. A hybrid variant is also in the work that will use a engine similar to the LS600h.

Sources are also saying that the when Lexus puts the LF-A to production it will only build 26 units a month. No production date is set yet, but rumor has it that Lexus is looking to introduce the supercar to the market in 2009.

all i gotta say is wow

Re: Keep an eye on Lexus
Friday, December 28, 2007 11:38 AM
holy sex!!!!!

Friday, December 28, 2007 12:01 PM
And it's awesome looking too!

Friday, December 28, 2007 5:26 PM
holy crap that things looks awesome

Friday, December 28, 2007 5:56 PM
wooooooooooood!

Friday, December 28, 2007 6:04 PM
lexus ftw

SATCH PROGRESS THREAD!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.
Friday, December 28, 2007 9:13 PM
Alright come on now.....unofficially "smashed" the record? So beating the record by one second is considered "smashing" the record?

And seriously, when it comes down to one second, it could easily be a driver variance.

So sure, keep an eye on lexus, but lets not bust a nut just because it beat the record by one second.....

Friday, December 28, 2007 9:52 PM
at 26units per month it's bound to be extremely expensive...it might make the GT-R look like an even better bargain, and than we have the GT-R V-Spec coming into the mix.

[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] coach built xj  ( o   \[][][][][][][]/  o ) hid wj
Saturday, December 29, 2007 12:34 AM
RoNuS20 wrote:Alright come on now.....unofficially "smashed" the record? So beating the record by one second is considered "smashing" the record?

And seriously, when it comes down to one second, it could easily be a driver variance.

So sure, keep an eye on lexus, but lets not bust a nut just because it beat the record by one second.....

I'm pretty sure that with the Nurburgring, beating the all-time record by a full second is "smashed".

Saturday, December 29, 2007 8:44 AM
In terms of racing, a full second is a lot of time. Just ask anybody that does drag racing or auto-x

dan

Sunday, December 30, 2007 10:47 PM

Monday, December 31, 2007 2:03 AM
Soo according to a rag-a-zine it beat the time.
thats good.

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447 12.523@111.30
Wednesday, January 02, 2008 8:39 AM
RoNuS20 wrote:Alright come on now.....unofficially "smashed" the record? So beating the record by one second is considered "smashing" the record?

that wasnt my point.....i ment keep an eye on them because they are starting to do some serious performance stuff where their F line

Wednesday, January 02, 2008 11:33 PM
urban wrote:at 26units per month it's bound to be extremely expensive...it might make the GT-R look like an even better bargain, and than we have the GT-R V-Spec coming into the mix.

hopefully, the v-spec will be very similar to the one they're offering now, but with a real manual transmission...
on the same note, I hope, but really doubt, that the LF-A (possibly to be called the LF-1) will have a manual as an option, at least, and not just some electronically-controlled automatic, like the IS-F.
That's my $.02
Saturday, January 05, 2008 10:44 PM
eh...if i wanted a 300zx id buy one...and a lot cheaper too

Sunday, January 06, 2008 8:34 AM
WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:eh...if i wanted a 300zx id buy one...and a lot cheaper too

Thank you, I couldn't quite put my finger on it lol

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Sunday, January 06, 2008 8:57 PM
^^^^^ I don't really see the resemblance...
Tuesday, January 08, 2008 10:01 AM
toyotaz87 wrote:^^^^^ I don't really see the resemblance...

Either do I. Anybody want to clear up the resemblance?

-dan

Tuesday, January 08, 2008 10:19 AM
x3

plus you cant really compare a 300zx to a 500hp v10 super car

Sunday, January 20, 2008 5:20 PM
Chris DeNisco wrote:x3

plus you cant really compare a 300zx to a 500hp v10 super car

Not comparing performance...just looks.

To those who can't see the resemblance, sorry, must be an artist thing.

Sunday, January 20, 2008 6:59 PM
Profile is similar, the windows look like they're the same.

Either way, 'unofficially' sounds like someone started timing a little before turn 3. And one second over nurburgring can easily be picked up with stickier tires and other minor things like different drivers. Lexus looks good, but I'm not going to take out another mortgage to own one especially when it 'unofficially' does great at a track I've never been to (if they try it out at Mont Tremblant or Calabogie Peaks and officially destroy the record, then I'll be impressed).

Sunday, January 20, 2008 7:06 PM
Hmm, looks like an Aston Martin from the front and a Corvette at the rear... atleast in the pic shown. The pics of the silver car, well it looks like neither, lol.

Monday, January 21, 2008 10:25 AM
The drop top is just as hot, I took these pics on Saturday.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 12:16 PM
Wow that thing is sexy!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2898349

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 8:52 PM
You know the great thing about concept cars...
They hardly make it into production.

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447 12.523@111.30
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search