Buyers regret ...tC woes : ( - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Buyers regret ...tC woes : (
Wednesday, December 26, 2007 12:13 AM
hey guys as some of you might now i recent bought a 08 scion tc and when i first bought it was great but this past month ive been having a lot of buyers regret . it seems like this car is slowly falling apart on me... as of right now it has about as many rattles as my trans am which kinda pisses me off as thats not something i wanna deal with .. i was thinking about trading it in and getting something else maybe a 05-06 GTI or RSX--S instead...I figure i might be happier with a car with a higher quality build

i paid a little over 21k for my car after taxes and what not since its loaded with all the TRD goodies (lowering springs, struts & shocks, CAI, exhaust, body kit ) and it only has 1,600 miles on it

if i went to a dealership and tried to trade it in do you think i would loose more then 1-2k ?
do you guys think this is a bad move .. ?

thanks for your input

Re: Buyers regret ...tC woes : (
Wednesday, December 26, 2007 12:22 AM
Well really the only way to see what you can get back out of it is to take it in and ask. I personally don't think its a bad move if you're unsatisfied with your car.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 12:32 AM
They will probably offer you like 17k on a trade.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 2:01 AM
Your car loses 20% of its value on signing for it.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 2:23 AM
there is a buyer's remorse clause in 90% of car contracts, but I think that only lasts 30 day's

good luck man, youre going to be in the red when you try and get out of it, unfortunately

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 6:58 AM
They could probably resell the car as a demo vehicle since it has less than 6000k miles. Most banks will finance the car as a "new" car as long as it has less then 6000K miles.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 8:17 AM
Why is jinxed laughing?
Why isnt he saying anything?
What does he mean ROFLMAOLOL?
Dont mind him, he is being an ass ...
Why is he still laughing?

Yes ... and because of it, Im going to say it ...

I told you so.

Now drive that hunk back to the dealership and trade that sucker for an RSX like we were all originally talking about ... or was it a mini-cooper? Whatever it was, trade it in and be happy for a few more months until you get sick of THAT car and trade it in for something else ...

Merry Christmas.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 8:22 AM
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Your car loses 20% of its value on signing for it.

lol tC's , i dont think they even loose 20% in 2 years no matter 2 months lol

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 9:27 AM
Well if you know the value, why come in here and ask what we think it would be? Do you ever look at the trade in value compared to dealer retail? Do you think they'll budge for you because you can't keep a car around for more than 3 months?

Who the hell didn't see this coming? What did you expect? It's a freaking economy car that has a sport suspension under it. Of course it's going to rattle!

Do what you want. You clearly don't care what we have to say if it doesn't agree with you, so why bother?

O noes!
Wednesday, December 26, 2007 10:00 AM
private party youd be ok on , its the trade in , plus the interest in the loan

face it your upside down , and gonna get screwed

granted you wont be as bad as someone that bought a base model yugo , but you will loose some

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 11:38 AM
try looking at the G5 GT i have 14k on mine no rattles at all never been to the dealer for anything. its faster then the TC and can corner better. i was also going to trade it in for the torrent GXP and they where going to give me i think they said low 17. and i only paid 18G for it fully loaded.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 12:24 PM
It could be worse....you could have bought that P.O.S. salvaged RSX you were looking at.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 1:26 PM
your opinions do matter to me other wise i wouldn't keep posting on this site... while in the end i do make my own choice all your input is taken into consideration for sure.
and your right jookycola i could be worse off and have that salvaged rsx lol but you guys helped me steer clear of that

i figure even if i sell it private id probably make out the same because if i trade my car in on another car i don't have to pay the sales taxes again .. right there thats over a grand
i have no loan on the car i owe it out right but yeah i will probably loose more then someone who just has a base model o well.

has anyone done something like this before?
thanks for all your input guys

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 1:33 PM
^Or it could have been even worse, he could have had a GM econobox and not only would he be having rattles, but the part pieces would be falling off.
Dude, you need to get a "Apple" car, one that will give you money back after the product comes out and drops its price.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 6:26 PM
well i went to an acura dealership tonight and spent like 3 hours there ugg

they had a 05 rsx for $17900 and said that they would do an even swap with me taking off my CAI and exhaust off my car
the car had 4 curbed rims and a major dash rattle that was worse then any rattle i have right now in my car so im kinda unsettled about the rsx
i told them to fix the issues and i might consider the trade.

what do you guys think about this i would end up losing around 1500-1700 bucks in the end

thanks again guys

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 7:18 PM
here is the link to the car tell me what you think.... on there own web site though they have it listed at $15,800.... maybe i should bring that up to them?

autotrader - rsx-s

there site - rsx-s acura site

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 7:55 PM
why don't you sell your car to a friggen canadian and get some profit off that tc yoo.

2003 Cavalier 2dr. 5spd

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 8:42 PM
UnXpectedError wrote:here is the link to the car tell me what you think.... on there own web site though they have it listed at $15,800.... maybe i should bring that up to them?

autotrader - rsx-s

Why mention the one on Autotrader. Just print and bring in the ad from their own website. If they can't give you that price, then walk away.
Wednesday, December 26, 2007 9:15 PM
xerd wrote:
UnXpectedError wrote:here is the link to the car tell me what you think.... on there own web site though they have it listed at $15,800.... maybe i should bring that up to them?

autotrader - rsx-s

Why mention the one on Autotrader. Just print and bring in the ad from their own website. If they can't give you that price, then walk away.

well i kinda just noticed that now im gonna go back tomorrow though and im gonna mention it

Thursday, December 27, 2007 7:02 AM
I would any reputable dealership will match what they have on their website even if its a typo (within reason) not talking about them putting 1000 for the 10000 dollars car.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, December 27, 2007 7:02 AM
Thursday, December 27, 2007 7:39 AM
the price they offered you is 2 grand different then the price listed....which means the price listed is probably with 2 grand down

Thursday, December 27, 2007 8:31 AM
UnXpectedError wrote:well i went to an acura dealership tonight and spent like 3 hours there ugg

they had a 05 rsx for $17900 and said that they would do an even swap with me taking off my CAI and exhaust off my car
the car had 4 curbed rims and a major dash rattle that was worse then any rattle i have right now in my car so im kinda unsettled about the rsx
i told them to fix the issues and i might consider the trade.

what do you guys think about this i would end up losing around 1500-1700 bucks in the end

thanks again guys

Then this.

autotrader - rsx-s

That alone would not make me want to buy from them. Unless the car is excruciating rare.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, December 27, 2007 2:54 PM
rsx type s> scion tc.. always...

Thursday, December 27, 2007 3:27 PM
UnXpectedError wrote:hey guys as some of you might now i recent bought a 08 scion tc and when i first bought it was great but this past month ive been having a lot of buyers regret . it seems like this car is slowly falling apart on me... as of right now it has about as many rattles as my trans am which kinda pisses me off as thats not something i wanna deal with .. i was thinking about trading it in and getting something else maybe a 05-06 GTI or RSX--S instead...I figure i might be happier with a car with a higher quality build

i paid a little over 21k for my car after taxes and what not since its loaded with all the TRD goodies (lowering springs, struts & shocks, CAI, exhaust, body kit ) and it only has 1,600 miles on it

if i went to a dealership and tried to trade it in do you think i would loose more then 1-2k ?
do you guys think this is a bad move .. ?

thanks for your input

1600 miles and it rattles and is falling a part?? id be bitching at the dealership....

check around for trade in.. u might be able to do a strait accross or pretty close to it

12.5@116 2.0 60ft
Thursday, December 27, 2007 5:42 PM
im with jinxed

shoulda bought a mini

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search