pics of my baby - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
pics of my baby
Monday, March 12, 2007 7:56 AM
hey guys i just figured i'd post pics of my real baby.it's still got a long way to come.
it's a 1941 Buick Special 8
it'a got a straight 8 and it's all original and it's all there just looks rough
this is my streetrod project
i'll keep updating

[IMG]

Re: pics of my baby
Monday, March 12, 2007 10:38 AM
I bet that engine will sound nice when it's running again.
Nice find.
Later
Redrider02

"big boom big boom"-Adam Savage. "quack damn you"-Jamie Hyneman "mythbusters"
Monday, March 12, 2007 12:21 PM
just thought i'd post some updated pics of after we started disassembly
the car in the backround is my 1979 cadillac eldorado.it is all original with only 39000 km that will hopefully be on the road this summer

Monday, March 12, 2007 12:27 PM
needs a lil bit of work

Go Premium, it builds character!

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 6:17 PM
Nifty, my friend has a 48 Olds with the straight 6, he was a few weekends from getting it running but its been sitting for a year and a half now.

Heres a pic of it.

Good to see more people on this board working on cars from the pre-60s.

How many steps to heaven, Doc?
...Ah, metaphysics.
Tuesday, March 13, 2007 7:29 PM
ya i love this thing to death.that olds is pretty solid lookin.i've had many a old car
started with a 66 mustang that i gave away then a 64 dodge 330 i ended up scraping,then a 64 valiant and 2 65 valiants they got sold,then an 85 camaro iroc z28 (that was a nice one)which i traded for my1972 chevelle(sold when the baby came)
but the buick has stayed all along.
also the caddy in the backround is me and my dads project together soon to be finished

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 9:19 PM
@!#$ ya man

We should start JBOld.org

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 7:58 PM
ya lol rhat'd be a good idea.i just love tyhe oldies.the new stuff is cool to but nothing compares to old skool

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 8:56 PM
WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:@!#$ ya man

We should start JBOld.org

oh yeah, have you posted some pics of the new car yet, I only saw the first post you made.

How many steps to heaven, Doc?
...Ah, metaphysics.
Saturday, March 17, 2007 6:30 AM
this gotas gettin a 78-81 camaro front clip and an 82-92 camaro rear.and i havents decideed on the engine yet.
give me yuour opinions
hop up the straight 8they gotr gobs of torque(500 ft lbs aint's hard to reach)
chevy sm block
slant six(the only reason i consider this oddball is because i already own a ton of go fast goodies for the slant six

wadda u think guys

Saturday, March 31, 2007 4:24 PM
finally located my front clip. i will get some pics of it and post it up.aslo found a rear end.buddy f mine who runs a junkyard told me he'd give me a good deal so now that the snow is gone i should get some more progress made.i'll keep yas updated

Saturday, March 31, 2007 4:27 PM
i'm kinda modeling it after this one built by lee pratt who worked for hot rod magazine.

Saturday, March 31, 2007 4:34 PM
this makes me wanna find my porsche ive been looking for...

Friday, November 09, 2007 5:05 PM
well thought i'd make an update.not much progress was made this year because i finally bought my first home.so my only work getting done to her this year will be transporting her from my parents house to my house.i have been thinking seriously about doing a twin turbo setup on the straight 8.as it is one of the models with dual carbs and dual exhaust.anyway i'll keep yas all up

Friday, November 09, 2007 11:38 PM
The money to do a project like this is quite large.. good luck man .

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Sunday, November 11, 2007 1:18 AM
hellsya. I love seeing stuff from that era, restored and back on the streets.

[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] coach built xj ( o   [][][][][][][]/  o ) hid wj
Sunday, November 11, 2007 4:55 AM
ya i had an offer from someone looking to snatch her up the other day but i just can't bear to part with her i love this body style.i will hopefuly be getting it ready for transport tomorrow so i'll snap a few new pics.specially with the chromes on lol

Sunday, November 11, 2007 5:38 AM
when the car is a rusted out piece of @!#$ that needs every single part replaced or restored you should not "seriously consider a twin turbo setup" and consider making the car presentable.

Sunday, November 11, 2007 5:40 AM
ya i know that i am talking distant future.you have to plan out a project like this or it just ends up unfinished like so many others.all i did was state on of my ideas. u don't gotta call me down.it's gonna be a long haul.i hope to hand this down to my son someday

Saturday, December 01, 2007 3:06 PM
well heres a couple pics i found of turbo straight 8's.the red on is twin tubo and the other is single

that is one gorgeous car .you may have seen it on tv i belive it was on my classic car
this single turbo buick sold on ebay

Saturday, December 01, 2007 3:11 PM
oops posted 2 quick.i fogot my pics of the new wheels(well new to me)they are chrome reverse wheels.the centers are pretty rough but i am going to order some new ones.we hope the wheels will clean up alot with a good polish but if not we will get them rechromed.got a good deal on them.traded an old set of 3" duals left over off my 72 chevelle when i sold it.the tires are to large also but ya it's just for now lol.i also have a set of cragar 50 spoke wire wheels i purchased of my cousin a couple years ago .i don't know which whels i prefer most.i willl post pics of them as soon as i can.also soryy for the bad pics it was geting dark and my camera bateereis were going dead(was also like minus 5 outside).anyway on to the pics

Saturday, December 01, 2007 7:17 PM
The show car is probably worth what your average house is worth, and likely took into the thousands of man-hours to complete.

I would spend some serious time and work cleaning up the car from top to bottom (chassis up) and getting it at least into sealer and primer, and get the engine, trans and the rest of the drive-train sound.

The car has been around for over 65 years... a few more getting it into proper shape (you don't need to go into show condition tomorrow) won't hurt anything.

Saturday, December 01, 2007 7:51 PM
that thing is sweet. wish i could afford to fix one up. good luck on the build

Saturday, December 01, 2007 7:53 PM
I agree with GAM.

Don't worry about wheels or anything like that, get that thing solid first.

Make sure you have a good foundation to get started with, no major rust or anything like that. Get the body into good shape, make sure the drivetrain will be good and reliable.. and then start worrying about pretty.

1983 Camaro Z28
Sunday, December 02, 2007 5:25 AM
ya guys i know the wheels are bottom of the list right now.i was stating for the future. they are only on it because i have to get it transported to my house.i wouldv'e never got them but guy came to me wanting my exhaust and he had little cash so he ofered me his wheels.so i figured ya if i didn't like em i could sell em.thanks for the comments guys

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search