GMC/Pontiac Dealer can't fix my Silverado under W? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GMC/Pontiac Dealer can't fix my Silverado under W?
Tuesday, October 23, 2007 1:30 PM
Is this baloney? The local GMC/Buick/Pontiac dealer said they can't do warranty work on my Silverado with 30k. I just have a hard time believing that. They've even fixed my Cavis under warranty in the past.

Thanks.

---

Re: GMC/Pontiac Dealer can't fix my Silverado under W?
Tuesday, October 23, 2007 1:35 PM
did they say why>? and what are you trying to get serviced on it?

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 1:37 PM
They simply said they can't because they're not a Chevy dealer.

Items to get serviced... ash tray keeps falling out, overhead console's front screw came out and its dangling.

That's it.

---

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 1:41 PM
That's what I was told but a Chevy dealer with my Pontiac. I thought it was udder crap. Especially since the local dealer stinks.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 2:18 PM
Whenever I need to go to a dealer, I always take both my GTP and Sierra to a Chevrolet dealer. I like their service dept. Not as much as my long time local mechanic, but there is sometimes things he can't do.

It's BS, and tell them that I said so.

**there is only one true love in my life... and my girlfriend has learned to live with it**
Tuesday, October 23, 2007 2:26 PM
its true......only because its warranty.

gm is strict about its warranty services and the way a dealer gets paid to do warranty work.

So if the dealer sells the car you have you should have no problem.

i know we have to turn away caddillacs

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 2:33 PM
^^ I can see that. I mean a Caddy is pretty unique among the GM vehicles. But you'd think that a dealer that sells Sierras could service Silverados!

---

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 2:47 PM
Its the same way here....luckily almost every dealer around me sells most GM brands...

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 4:19 PM
I work for a chevrolet dealer and this is how it works for us.

Obviously, we can do anything warranty on chevrolets.

Pontiacs, GMCs, Buicks- we can if we sold it as a used unit. We can do regular warranty as well within reason. Our dealership is only allowed so many warranty claims a year that are not on a Chevrolet vehicle. We can GM certify for used units.

Cadillac, Saturn, Hummer-we can not touch at all for warranty. Have to be sent to their dealer. Also, we cannot GM certify any of these three as used cars.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 7:18 PM
zsquee24 wrote:I work for a chevrolet dealer and this is how it works for us.

Obviously, we can do anything warranty on chevrolets.

Pontiacs, GMCs, Buicks- we can if we sold it as a used unit. We can do regular warranty as well within reason. Our dealership is only allowed so many warranty claims a year that are not on a Chevrolet vehicle. We can GM certify for used units.

Cadillac, Saturn, Hummer-we can not touch at all for warranty. Have to be sent to their dealer. Also, we cannot GM certify any of these three as used cars.

Yes, exactly like that at our dealership, we sell all GM except Saturn and Hummer. The only ones we can service under warranty only on down or no start situations. Engines on hummers, got to get an approval from GM cause there isn't a Hummer dealership for about 100miles. No to Saturns cause there dealerships is only 50miles away.
Oh yeah we can't even due work on Isuzu's under warrenty, same reason as saturns.

I know we can't order Saturn, Hummer, or Isuzu parts, only based on approval.

It's the same with every car company, can't take a Lexus to a Toyota dealership, or Toyota to a Lexus dealership for warrenty.

But out of warrenty @!#$ we service a @!#$ load of Fords, Toyotas, Nissans, Mercedes, BMW, and we have one Porsche 911 turbo that I do the oil changes on....and I'm a service advisor. Our bodyshop does all the Chrystler dealerships work since they closed down there body shop.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007 3:05 PM
Well, thanks guys. At least I can calm down now We took it to the Chevy dealer, no biggie.

---

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search