Onstar's new feature for 2009 GM vehicles - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Onstar's new feature for 2009 GM vehicles
Sunday, October 14, 2007 11:05 AM

I think it is about freaking time! But GM has it first. Thieves will want to avoid GM vehicles with Onstar starting with 2009 models. Onstar equipped vehicles will add "Stolen Vehicle Slowdown," a technology that prevents a stolen car from accelerating once activated by Onstar in cooperation with police. All other functions like braking, steering, even the Onstar advisor's voice telling the occupant that a police officer will soon be appearing...continue to operate as the vehicle slows to a stop.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: Onstar's new feature for 2009 GM vehicles
Sunday, October 14, 2007 11:41 AM
Not as effective as a flash-bang grenade rolling out of the dash compartment ... but I like it.

Sunday, October 14, 2007 11:46 AM
or the trunk monkey

I was told by my supervisor that has a 07 equonox with the full onstar package that they can lcok the doors and shut down the motor. guess he was mis informed

------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
Those so naive, so hard headed, so narcissistic, that think that buy their own efforts can single handedly change the world, are always the ones that do.
Sunday, October 14, 2007 11:59 AM
pretty neat

Sunday, October 14, 2007 12:02 PM
Thats when they crash your car in the ditch and run.
Sunday, October 14, 2007 3:12 PM
JinxedZ THE LOVED ONE wrote:Not as effective as a flash-bang grenade rolling out of the dash compartment ... but I like it.

Personally, I like my glove box mounted C4 a little bit more.

Sunday, October 14, 2007 3:18 PM
Its a pretty nifty little feature. They also allow you to opt out of it if you dont want the cops to be able to stop your car when you try and run

Sunday, October 14, 2007 4:13 PM
I'm still a fan of the Denver Jock-strap.

(two points if you get the reference)

Sunday, October 14, 2007 4:17 PM

If one were to break into your car, then instead of an alarm, a metal claw grabs the person by the balls, and most likey hurts like @!#$; don't @!#$ with the persons car if they say they have one.

Sunday, October 14, 2007 4:46 PM
Personally, I like a some of the new onstar features, but I would spice up the rest:
  • keep the deceleration feature,

• get the interior lights start flashing randomly, while the radio tunes into a channel that plays the sound of crackling fire.

• replace friendly Onstar advisor telling the occupant that a police officer will soon be appearing with an operator that sounds like satan telling the occupant that the prince of darkness has been eagerly awaiting their soul.

[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] coach built xj ( o   [][][][][][][]/  o ) hid wj
Sunday, October 14, 2007 5:32 PM
Quote:

Personally, I like a some of the new onstar features, but I would spice up the rest:
keep the deceleration feature,

get the interior lights start flashing randomly, while the radio tunes into a channel that plays the sound of crackling fire.

replace friendly Onstar advisor telling the occupant that a police officer will soon be appearing with an operator that sounds like satan telling the occupant that the prince of darkness has been eagerly awaiting their soul.

ha very tru......or wee-man in the trunk that attacks you, but , maybe that just what i got in my car?

Sunday, October 14, 2007 7:48 PM
easily disabled , just like any other theft device

also 1 step closer to big brother taking control of our cars

Monday, October 15, 2007 7:42 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(™)]easily disabled , just like any other theft device

also 1 step closer to big brother taking control of our cars

Any factory security system is useless when battling professional thieves. They will know how to disable the rig. And if my car is stolen...i don't want it back!!!!!! Give me a new one with my gap protection and I'm a happy camper.

There is something unsettling about a database containing my wearabouts and driving habits at any given time. I already have a cell phone that does that. lol.

I wonder how long it will take for some ingenious nerd to hack the onstar system.

Monday, October 15, 2007 6:36 PM
JinxedZ THE LOVED ONE wrote:Not as effective as a flash-bang grenade rolling out of the dash compartment ... but I like it.

LOL , thats awesome!

Ha! I got this sucka's Vette!
*glove box pops open* wtf...?
*BANG*
ACK! *slams into pole*

lol
Monday, October 15, 2007 7:24 PM
here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e_ZeYy3qjs

CHEVYGUY1990
VISIT MYSPACE AT: www.myspace.com/mgardone
Monday, October 15, 2007 7:32 PM
well a pretty neat feature, it is kinda wierd knowing that i can be tracked at all times. I just got that letter in the mail asking if i wanted to renew my on-star for another year so i don't know if im going to do it.

Monday, October 15, 2007 7:48 PM
how much does onstar cost per year

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 8:09 AM
I don't know if I like the OnStar deal at all. It seems like an invasion of privacy almost.

Sunday, November 04, 2007 6:39 AM
Im not saying much more then this

They can just unplug it like in previous years if they are good,unless gm has moved it in the dash more
Sunday, November 04, 2007 6:48 AM
I think it's a great idea, if they had that in 1988 I might still have my Cutlass instead of it sitting in a junkyard. I guess if someone doesn't like the idea of it they can just not call and report their car stolen and hope that their car doesn't get smashed into a tree or school bus.

Sunday, November 04, 2007 7:08 AM
If someone doesnt like it, then deny the feature. You dont have to have it.

God i get sick of hearing Oh big brothers watching me blah blah.....

Also this feature is more for when your car jacked. At least thats what there advertising it as. I mean Onstars always been able to track stolen vehicle's, but now if you get ripped out of the car and say your babies inside......

Boom its stopped....tell me thats not a good feature to have....

Sunday, November 04, 2007 9:33 AM
until they shoot your kids in the backseat and run away

Sunday, November 04, 2007 12:56 PM
So does this also mean that OnStar knows at what speed your going on a daily basis??

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search