Check out my G6!! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Check out my G6!!
Friday, October 05, 2007 10:10 PM
Check out the pics of my G6 I used to hang out at this forum a lot when I had my sunfire but I kinda grew up and moved on I guess. So I traded it in and got the 6 and I must say that I love my G6 so much better than my sunfire but anywho check it out and any comments are welcome.

My favorite pic

My stylin GPS (Free from Telus )

Mods:
*Razzi Kit
*Hammerhead Spoiler

Future Mods:
*Orange Streetglow
*Recesed front grills
*18" chrome Rims
*Possibly a 1" drop and possibly shaved door handles.

So there ya go tell me what ya think.

Re: Check out my G6!!
Friday, October 05, 2007 10:13 PM
I'm not sure about the spoiler, and the skirts seem like they have too much going on, but overall I like it.

I work on Wall Street, but didn't force you to take out a loan you couldn't afford.
Friday, October 05, 2007 10:13 PM
ok that spoiler looks awesome on there, the cars themselves realy look nice to me... the front and rear lips look great, but those sides got too many odd curves IMO. all and all, sexy car, sexy color, nice snag, find better skirts

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Friday, October 05, 2007 10:24 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. All in all I really like how my car turned out but as for the skirts it could prove kinda hard to find different ones since this is one of 2 kits that they make for my car.

Mikey (drpdcavi) wrote:I'm not sure about the spoiler, and the skirts seem like they have too much going on, but overall I like it.

you know when I first saw it too I thought it was kinda dumb looking but then I saw it in person and I just fell in love with it. With out the spoiler the car just seems like its missing something and since it hugs the trunk like it does it adds a sleekness to the car when you look at it from the side or at least I think it does.
Friday, October 05, 2007 10:48 PM
what engine/tranny do you have?
don't put underglow lights on any car. that's rice $#!+. IMHO. it's your car.
it does look pretty nice.

LD9 F23 FTW!!
Friday, October 05, 2007 10:50 PM
thats a pretty sweet looking ride. i really love that spoiler! the sides are fine...much better than half of them out there for our Js for sure!

Friday, October 05, 2007 11:01 PM
toyotaz87 wrote:what engine/tranny do you have?
don't put underglow lights on any car. that's rice $#!+. IMHO. it's your car.
it does look pretty nice.

I have a 3.6L V6 with and auto tranny but I can change to manual if I want and change gears with out a clutch I can't remember what thats called. Im not 100% on the glow but it is something Im thinking about.... I did have it on my sunfire and I did like it but it burnt out a lot however I do think it would look nice on this car.
Friday, October 05, 2007 11:08 PM
all the car companies call that something different, but it's just overriding the computer on an electronically-controlled automatic transmission (with the exception of BMW SMG, Audi DSG, and a few others). it's not a real manual, by any means. That is a DOHC engine, though, right?
all in all, it's not my style, but a nice car nonetheless. I really like the color.

LD9 F23 FTW!!
Saturday, October 06, 2007 1:11 AM
Dead sexy man, I love it.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Saturday, October 06, 2007 10:37 AM
Aftermarket wheels would do wonders.

Saturday, October 06, 2007 6:42 PM
it's my favorite color!!!

it's a nice car. not my cup of tea but good car. better looking in person too.

i'd rather drive the hardtop convertable if it were a G6.

http://www.myspace.com/fpsunfire
5 seconds to find another street...

Saturday, October 06, 2007 7:19 PM
I would pull off the strip of trim on the doors, and I don't like the side skirts or the rims, but other than that the car is awesome.

As much as I like the G6, I don't think I'll ever like it as much as the Grand Am GT. To me, it's missing the agressive and sexy look the GA had.
Saturday, October 06, 2007 7:50 PM
I knew the scenery was familiar, my girlfriend went to Lakeland college for the past 2 years.

Nice car, I love the way the G6 coupes look, would love to get one next year to replace the cav.
Saturday, October 06, 2007 8:08 PM
Freeway wrote:Thanks for the comments guys. All in all I really like how my car turned out but as for the skirts it could prove kinda hard to find different ones since this is one of 2 kits that they make for my car.

Mikey (drpdcavi) wrote:I'm not sure about the spoiler, and the skirts seem like they have too much going on, but overall I like it.

you know when I first saw it too I thought it was kinda dumb looking but then I saw it in person and I just fell in love with it. With out the spoiler the car just seems like its missing something and since it hugs the trunk like it does it adds a sleekness to the car when you look at it from the side or at least I think it does.

I guess I would have to see it in person. I agree with you though, they look like they are missing something without a spoiler.

I work on Wall Street, but didn't force you to take out a loan you couldn't afford.
Sunday, October 07, 2007 12:39 AM
My thoughts:

G6's look fine on their own, they're an evolution of slab-styling, so adding body kits and what-not isn't usually necessary because it actually takes away from the shape.

That said:
- Spoiler, I'm not convinced it's worth it to have on the car either from a design or performance perspective. It does sort of look like what a G35 coupe has going on, and that's a plus.
- Sides & rear, again, it's subjective but there's too many unnecessary curves in the sides in that it doesn't flow with the rest of the car nor the kit itself, and the rear isn't my taste as well. If it was going to fit with the kit, it should have been either slabbed or had the concave scallop flow to nearly the edges of the kit. I would have gone with slab sides (meaning it just continues the body line lower) and rear honestly, the G6's lines are that good.
- Front, the kit actually looks good here. My only nit to pick is with the grille mesh: they really should match. Minor complaint though. (To be honest, Razzi generally makes some of the weirdest looking kits I've ever laid eyes on)

Otherwise:
- GPS, is that mounted on the drivers' side window?!?!?! Can you not get a Goose-neck to mount it to something stationary, and leave the window operable?
- DVD player & lower mounted control kit: what is that bottom unit?
- STAY THE SMEG AWAY FROM UNDERGLOWS!!!!! They really make a car look cheap... JMHO.
- Drop and new rims are a good idea, but, I'd look for other suspension goodies (like a sway bar set) and keep the tire circumference the same (I'm assuming you have the 17" rims)

Looks pretty good

Thursday, January 10, 2008 12:59 PM
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but i thought the G6 GT's came with the 3.5lV6, not the 3.6lV6

Looks pretty damned sweet...I just upgraded my Sunfire to a G6 GXP Street edition, as much as I love the Sunfire...the difference is tremendous...

Goodbye Callisto & Skaği, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Saturday, January 12, 2008 12:01 AM
My moms subaru has a tranny like that.Some call it trip tronic i believe.It's listed on her car as semi-automatic.

Very nice car though.I looked one over at a dealership with lust.They are a very sexy ride.Congrats.

Rememeber kids... spell check is your friend
Saturday, January 12, 2008 4:13 AM
Car looks good overall, but i think you need to color match your mirrors to finnish the look

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Saturday, January 12, 2008 2:30 PM
I don't personally care for it, not feeling the kit at all. And you can have either the torque-covnerter-based-shift-it-yourself-but-its-still-an-auto OR an actual manual trans complete with clutch pedal. There are few cars that are actually clutch-less manuals, and they're expensive. "Paddle shifters" seem to be all the rage, featured on every car and half every SUV these days. Oh sorry, they're crossovers now, not SUVs. I think they're a joke, personally.

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Saturday, January 12, 2008 3:01 PM
I think he posted this in October of 07 so he probably isn't reading the replies anymore.

Saturday, January 26, 2008 10:25 PM
Sorry I haven't been around but I didn't have the internet for the longest time. Thanks for the comments even if they were good or bad. I do plan on painting my mirrors, lowering it about an inch and adding 18" chrome rims this summer. The GPS on the window was just put there to show off cause I just got it and I was super siked. But I would just like to say that I like how the kit looks on my car but I guess thats obvious since I bought it and installed it. The only thing I can say is that I just hate pictures cause they never do anything justice. For example the spoiler.... most people hate it but unless you see it in person you probably won't like it.

Monday, January 28, 2008 9:51 AM
Eh, don't worry about the wing comments...the one on my G6 is bigger--big enough for some to think I grafted Delta Burke to my trunk lid.

Still, I really thought the GT's came with the 3.5lV6, not the 3.6lV6. I though only 2k6 & 2k7 GTP's and the 2k8 GXP's came with the 3.6lV6. Either way though, nice pickup. Is your tapshift 4 speed or 6 speed?

If you want, check out http://www.G6performance.com if you haven't already. There are a couple of ex-j-body owners there and they have some really good information.

BrownblackZ: Believe me, a lot fo G6 owners wanted the 6-speed manual transmission, but i think only the 3.5lV6 and the 3.9lV6 came with it. And really, I'll settle on a tiptronic auto than be dicked out of worse gas mileage, considerably less power, and the heavier weight of the 3.9lV6.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaği, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search