Bye bye mustang..hello gto.. - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bye bye mustang..hello gto..
Thursday, October 04, 2007 4:41 PM
On August 31st. I was coming around a sharp, dust/dirt covered corner a little too quick on some bad tires and totaled my 03 gt..

Lowered, exhaust, pro 5.0 shifter, CAI. I'm heartbroken. But I didn't get hurt too bad or anything. Real sore and stuff, but that's about it.

September 10th. I got a 2005 GTO.

I'm recovering.

Still not lowered...

Re: Bye bye mustang..hello gto..
Thursday, October 04, 2007 4:46 PM
Chevy>Ford, good choice.

Thursday, October 04, 2007 4:48 PM
translation: "I didn't know how to handle the power. I was too cheap to get good tires. And I drove like a moron around a corner and totaled my stang"

just making sure everyone can understand what you meant when you blamed the dirt for you losing control.

cool that you could recover financialy to snag a GTO. ya know... going from a car that was probably worth 10-15 to a car that probably cost at least 18k.... but darn those good tires and driving experience, now THOSE must have been WAY too expensive ey?

forgive me for being the one guy who doesn't hump your leg and pitty you.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Thursday, October 04, 2007 4:50 PM
CrAzY Z24 wrote:Chevy>Ford, good choice.

that doesnt even make sense

anyways, dont wreck this one like you did the stang
drive carefully

Thursday, October 04, 2007 4:53 PM
damn... how can you be a brand loyal fanboy and not even get the brand right? hell, if you didnt know how to spell Pontiac, you could have said GM and not looked like a brainless moron....

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Thursday, October 04, 2007 4:56 PM
JLAudioCavalier(1bad02cav) wrote:translation: "I didn't know how to handle the power. I was too cheap to get good tires. And I drove like a moron around a corner and totaled my stang"

just making sure everyone can understand what you meant when you blamed the dirt for you losing control.

cool that you could recover financialy to snag a GTO. ya know... going from a car that was probably worth 10-15 to a car that probably cost at least 18k.... but darn those good tires and driving experience, now THOSE must have been WAY too expensive ey?

forgive me for being the one guy who doesn't hump your leg and pitty you.

I never asked for pity. My God. No wonder I don't come on here anymore.

I'd had the mustang for a year, and the tires were wore pretty badly and I said myself that it was driver error and I was going too fast around a sharp curve. I know how to handle power when I'm actually trying to. Accidents happen to everyone.

But yeah I feel I've certainly improved my vehicle situation. LSx is quite a new world.

Still not lowered...
Thursday, October 04, 2007 4:58 PM
but like marin8r said... be a lot more carefull now. it is quite a shame to see a car mangled because of something simple like slowing down a few mph for that turn ya kno what i mean?

Thursday, October 04, 2007 5:00 PM
Yeah I know what you mean. It's a pretty rough curve, been tons of wrecks there, it's near the community college and I've been around it a million times..I guess it just takes one moment of not paying attention to ruin stuff. I rarely drive the GTO. It's being babied the way the Mustang should have been. =(

Still not lowered...
Thursday, October 04, 2007 6:56 PM
If you're babying a mustang, you're not doing it right

Just be careful, the first lesson should be the last.

Friday, October 05, 2007 7:33 AM
Sorry, about the accident and I hope all is well.

Congrats on the GTO you got a gem there, just be careful out there.
Friday, October 05, 2007 8:37 AM
Sorry about the Mustang, looked to be one of body styles I liked.

Nice pickup with the GTO though.. although..

I see you're 19, how the hell are you affording these cars? Tell me your secret, so I can spend more money on my J

Friday, October 05, 2007 9:12 AM
devil yellow 6spd , enjoy

be carefull you think your stang was slippery , the gto put down more hp stock at the wheels than the stang has at the crank , and twice as slippery

also your prob gonna need 2-3K in suspension parts unless someone has replaced alot of the stock bushings

and keep a sharp eye on the tires the fronts are known for strut rubbing and eat tires

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, October 05, 2007 9:19 AM

Friday, October 05, 2007 12:59 PM
nice pick up starr. love the shifer and ebrake from the gto, thats why i put them in my z24.

| '89 Z24 Auto | '99 Prelude 5spd | '04 GS500F | '05 HD 883L |

Thursday, November 15, 2007 8:07 PM
Nice car if I do say so myself.

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447 12.767@109.93
Thursday, November 15, 2007 8:46 PM
GTO looks much better

07 - VICTORY RED - LSD - GM STAGE 2 -FUJITA CAI - Ingalls ETD - SPORTLINES -
246whp 227wtq
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search