Where to find old cars? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Where to find old cars?
Tuesday, October 02, 2007 8:58 PM
A buddy of mine down the street is thinking he wants to start a project...so he asked me for help with finding some cars as he's internet challenged. I'm pushing him towards a early model Mustang..but he's thinking Camaro or some other cars...I'm not from that era and know little about those care, lol..

Where can you search online to find stuff like that? He found a couple in area..but they were solid rust piles and their owners wanted almost 10K$. He said he's willing to drive to another state to pick it up...we live in Tx..so just getting out of state takes a full day of driving.

I tried all I could think of and came up somewhat short. I know I need a more detailed search..for now I'm just looking up 60 and up Mustangs and Camaro's..doing so on Craig's list and in local papers. Autotrader.com won't allow me to search for anything pre 81'. Anywhere else I could take a look-see? He asked me to check ebay..Don't know about that though.

Will race for food

..check out my miscellanous mods

Re: Where to find old cars?
Tuesday, October 02, 2007 11:08 PM
www.autotrendsoftexas.com

they got another place next to that spot with other older cars.
Tuesday, October 02, 2007 11:24 PM
www.craigslist.net
ebay somtimes
Tuesday, October 02, 2007 11:38 PM
collector car trader online is a great site but your searching for 2 different evils there the mustang wich first came out in 64 1/2 was a small v8 some came with convertibles, and then theres the camaro which came out in 67 had many different trim options going up to a big block. (what all is he looking for in a car v8 strait body under 5k the cars you listed are sought after very high priority cars so to get a decent one hes gonna spend more money if hes like most people, he dosnt have alot and is looking for something to play with id suggest looking for a nova,omega, ventura (all the same car basically with different grills) or a cutlass if he does want a ford maybey a cougar or something to that effect if he wants a mopar maybe a a body like a duster/dart/demon/scamp/valiant something like that but with older cars there are so many possibilities so gl with your search for him

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 6:05 AM
Pick up one of those free trader magazines at the supermarket. There's usually a gem or two to be found.

1989 Z24 Convertible - Dust Covered
2006 tC - Dust Covered, but driven more
Thursday, October 04, 2007 7:30 AM
I think I found a pretty good deal. It's a 1966 or 67 Mustang..not sure if it's a fastback or what. The guy has it in his garage...body work has been completed, but it's in primer...he said he had a frame up restoration on it...metal work only. He says he has every part he took off the car in boxes and baggies..it'd have to be totally put back together. He has the motor that was rebuilt last year, a new carb(I know nothing of carbs..he said the CFM, but I don't remember..) new bumbpers, gas tank, part of the rear suspension, rebuilt 3 speed tranny, and a lot of other stuff. The interior is in pieces as well, but is in decent shape. He's asking 2K for all of it....but said he'd negotiate and would even accept payments.

My neighbor found a Dart for around 6K that is in running condition, really good looking shape. There's a small spot of rust on the back panels, other than that it's in good shape. Car has a lot of motor mods too, interior looks OK..

When Lewie gets back this Saturday we're going to go check out the Stang and I'll let you guys know what he does. Either way, whatever he gets I'll have a part in..so excited about that. See if I can get some pics up or something.

With these older cars can you just drop in other motors or how does that work? My understanding so far is that these older Mustangs came with 289's...do they make larger displacement motors with same motor mounts that you can just drop in? What about the transmissions? If it's like that, then these older car guys have it easy for performance, lol.

Will race for food

Thursday, October 04, 2007 9:27 AM
66 or 67 Mustang, rebuilt engine and transmission for only 2k and willing to take payments? Something is WAY wrong with that one... sounds way too good to be true.

If that deal is completely legit, @!#$ jump all over it NOW. Could put it together, paint it.. and sell it for lots of profit. And then, get what he really wants to get...

1983 Camaro Z28
Thursday, October 04, 2007 10:49 AM
Well...the guy is giving me the deal. A guy that I work with that I started hunting and fishing with was the one who got me in touch with the seller
..it's basically his dad. He said that since I know his "son" so well he'd sell it to me for a low price. I don't think he'd be trying to screw anyone. He doesn't really need to sell it, it's just collecting dust in his garage. He said that EVERYTHING for the car was there...it was just all in pieces.

It might be too much work though. I think he wanted something he could work on and still drive. I'll know more Saturday. If it's really that great a deal I might buy it...although I don't know what I'd do with it, lol.

Will race for food

Thursday, October 04, 2007 8:18 PM
See sig......I have it for sale....77 Camaro

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search