Latest Mustangs - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Latest Mustangs
Saturday, September 29, 2007 9:01 PM
Today at work, I noticed that a Mustang came in for a detail with a cut in the driver seat.
Okay, here's what caught my attention. The seats look like pleather. That fake leather stuff

So do Mustangs come with fake leather from the factory?

http://www.myspace.com/fpsunfire
5 seconds to find another street...

Re: Latest Mustangs
Saturday, September 29, 2007 9:24 PM
like leatherette?

Saturday, September 29, 2007 10:30 PM
Is it the new S197 style?

If so then yes, I believe the leather is actually vinyl. I've read on other Mustang forums that only the center sitting section on the front seats are leather where as everything else is vinyl, however from my experience it seems all the seats have the same consistency and it's not leather. Leatherette, maybe but I still think it's vinyl more than anything. However I still use leather cleaning surfaces on them anyway which makes the seats super slippery for a while.
Sunday, September 30, 2007 12:47 AM
Some of the new syntheticsare more durable then real leather... cheaper... ect ect. Thus why they are showing up more and more.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Sunday, September 30, 2007 3:38 AM
wow... definitely telling my sister so she doesn't buy one. she has had her eyes on them but that's just for the exterior and shifter, lol
i think i'm starting to notice the difference between real and fake leather, or leatherette. good for me!
thanks

Sunday, September 30, 2007 8:19 AM
fpz24 (Akira) wrote:wow... definitely telling my sister so she doesn't buy one. she has had her eyes on them but that's just for the exterior and shifter, lol
i think i'm starting to notice the difference between real and fake leather, or leatherette. good for me!
thanks

Is she wanting the Mustang for the interior upgrade package? If so, I would tell her to just get the deluxe model, then upgrade whatever she wants within the car. There are a ton of companies out there that are making upgraded shifters, satin aluminum overlays and what not. I know that when the (p)leather finally goes in my '06 (or I save up enough cash) I'm going to have some real leather seat covers custom made and put into my car.

Glad I could help
Sunday, September 30, 2007 8:25 AM
fpz24 (Akira) wrote:wow... definitely telling my sister so she doesn't buy one.

thats one of the stupidest things I've ever heard on this site...

fake leather must be the end of the world... who cars how much she likes the car tell her not to get it becasue the leather isn't real

Sunday, September 30, 2007 8:49 AM
Must be that Corinthian leather stuff... everything from the 80's is coming back.

Sunday, September 30, 2007 10:28 AM
Jeez, I didn't know that fake leather was such a big deal... here's an idea, get one with cloth seats instead! At least you'll know it's not fake cloth.

Even BMW's come with fake leather

Sunday, September 30, 2007 10:43 AM
When was the last time that real leather was actually put into a car?
Sunday, September 30, 2007 10:45 AM
Darkstars wrote:

fake leather must be the end of the world... who cars how much she likes the car tell her not to get it becasue the leather isn't real

Agreed

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Sunday, September 30, 2007 1:23 PM
Wade Jarvis wrote:
Darkstars wrote:

fake leather must be the end of the world... who cars how much she likes the car tell her not to get it because the leather isn't real

Agreed

sorry, didn't mean to ruffle anyone's panties.
this just adds to the reasons why she's eliminated the mustang from her list. it's not the one and only reason why she doesn't want it
i was just letting people be aware that they tear easily.

Sunday, September 30, 2007 1:38 PM
Always check the fine print in the brochures, you'll notice things like

Deluxe Leather Interior Package*

*leather seating surfaces

Sunday, September 30, 2007 2:13 PM
fpz24 (Akira) wrote:sorry, didn't mean to ruffle anyone's panties.
this just adds to the reasons why she's eliminated the mustang from her list. it's not the one and only reason why she doesn't want it

False.

I got Leather/Pleather/Vinyl seats in my '06 Mustang and I don't have one tear in the seats. My car was used pretty much as a daily driver for the better part of a year and it has some wear and tear on it (I'm a big guy) but my seats aren't torn or no where near being damaged. If you go on to any Mustang forum they would tell you the same thing. If you're not sure of what you are talking about, don't go on making generalizations. The seats are pretty good and pretty durable and I'm certain if the seats are torn on that Mustang it's most likely due to owner error rather than just the seats not being real leather.
Sunday, September 30, 2007 8:09 PM
nice defense. lol

i would say the same if i had them.

Sunday, September 30, 2007 10:13 PM
fpz24 (Akira) wrote:
Wade Jarvis wrote:
Darkstars wrote:

fake leather must be the end of the world... who cars how much she likes the car tell her not to get it because the leather isn't real

Agreed

Can you read ? Most new synthetic leathers are even MORE durable then real leather.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Monday, October 01, 2007 5:53 AM
sorry i'm not as informed as other people about leather.

the owner of the car said it tore easily so that's why i said that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, October 01, 2007 5:54 AM

Monday, October 01, 2007 7:53 AM
Give a guy a break....geez!

Monday, October 01, 2007 11:58 AM
fpz24 (Akira) wrote:
Wade Jarvis wrote:
Darkstars wrote:

Agreed

if she gets a cavalier or cobalt instead, ill laugh even harder than that smiley

Monday, October 01, 2007 5:37 PM
she's looking at corvette, hummer H2, rx-8, and mustang.

Monday, October 01, 2007 9:59 PM
wow, the hummer h2 really doesn't fit with the others on that list (and it's not a real hummer). don't people knock the interior of the corvette pretty hard, too? I bet those seats use a pretty similar material to what's used in the Mustang.

LD9 F23 FTW!!

Monday, October 01, 2007 10:01 PM
honestly, all new cars are crap. all you pay for is what level of crappiness you want

Monday, October 01, 2007 10:13 PM
wow. ^^^ that's a rather cynical way of looking at things... what do you mean when you make a sweeping generalization like that?

LD9 F23 FTW!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search