Toyota/Lexus Recall! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Toyota/Lexus Recall!
Saturday, September 29, 2007 10:04 AM
lol
Toyota says it's recalling optional "all-weather" floor mats available in the Lexus ES350 and Toyota Camry. About 55,000 vehicles are affected.The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration issued a consumer advisory warning that the heavy-duty rubber floor mats, if unsecured, could move forward and press the gas pedal, which could cause the car to accelerate uncontrollably.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: Toyota/Lexus Recall!
Saturday, September 29, 2007 11:28 AM
Wow...

GM would wish having this type of recalls.

Saturday, September 29, 2007 1:49 PM
GM has a recall on the black cloth seats on the new 07 fullsizes for "excessive lint accumulation"... now thats funny
Saturday, September 29, 2007 5:05 PM
pfft, who should be worried about that, lol

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Saturday, September 29, 2007 9:21 PM
Seriously...all it takes is a lint roller...I think all the owners would rather cop out $5 for a roller than giving up their cars for god knows how long while the seats are replaced or reupholstered or who knows what they do...especially if they gave a damn about their manufacturer and chose to do that instead of costing this company millions when it needs it most....

Sunday, September 30, 2007 11:26 AM
Spitfire2332 wrote:GM has a recall on the black cloth seats on the new 07 fullsizes for "excessive lint accumulation"... now thats funny

Is for real or are you joking?
I know GM get put through the ringer for their quality and tons of recalls, but they shouldn't have to deal with petty stuff like this.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Sunday, September 30, 2007 12:16 PM
no its real. I have a new 07 fullsize with the black cloth and when i get some time i need to go get them recovered lol. it is a weird fabric and @!#$ does stick to it way to easily and doesnt come off, but im not concerned about it.
Sunday, September 30, 2007 6:36 PM
The floormats in my mom's old Jeep Cherokee used to bunch up under the break pedal. That sucked when you push on the brakes and it doesn't slow down.
Sunday, September 30, 2007 7:11 PM
Wow i was wondering when they would get toyotas to accelerate........
Yeah i cannot believe the people who buy full size trucks and complain about lint, take it to a construction site naggy yuppy.
On a related note this happened in my 00 cav and i did something amazing I moved it.....

Monday, October 01, 2007 5:00 AM
Spitfire2332 wrote:GM has a recall on the black cloth seats on the new 07 fullsizes for "excessive lint accumulation"... now thats funny

It's not a recall, or campaign it is a Technical Service Bulletin. Meaning if someone asks is concerned, or complains about it, that the TSB explains it. Recalls are almost always safety, emissions, and leave the vehicle down situation like the second row seat belt loop on the the GMT800 models, and the battery run down reprogram. Even then the battery reprogram is an inventory upgrade not a recall.
Monday, October 01, 2007 8:32 AM
^Correct.
There is a big difference between TSBs and Recalls.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Monday, October 01, 2007 10:15 AM
I know of a way to fix both of these dumbass "recalls"

vinyl seats and rubber floors. spray that m-f'er down with a hose to clean it up. no lint roller or floormats necessary

Monday, October 01, 2007 6:11 PM
Brown Eye wrote:I know of a way to fix both of these dumbass "recalls"

vinyl seats and rubber floors. spray that m-f'er down with a hose to clean it up. no lint roller or floormats necessary

yeah that is how Covance Research(the monkey farm), treats thiers. Of course they don't don't dry them off, and now there seat frames, and all the grounds under the door sills are corroded to @!#$. But this is coming from people who break leaf springs in half.
Monday, October 01, 2007 7:55 PM
you want to here somethign really funny....

VW had a recall not to long ago to lube the front seat tracks... an actual recall not a TSB

Monday, October 01, 2007 9:48 PM
yeah, when you get those floormats, they come with new hooks to hold them in position... maybe people aren't installing them?
Quote:

Wow i was wondering when they would get toyotas to accelerate........

the sad thing is, they still don't. not with any kind of urgency, anyway.

LD9 F23 FTW!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search