Gm employee discount - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Gm employee discount
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 7:10 PM
I want to buy a new cobalt and I can get my grandpa's employee discount. How much is the employee discount on a cobalt? Does it range by price of the car or a flat rate. I'd call him but its almost 10 at night.

Re: Gm employee discount
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 7:20 PM
How about you wait until tomorrow and call him? It won't do you much good to know it tonight since you're probably not going to get the car right away. I know my LS, no options, was around $13,665 so it all depends on what you get added on.

* Student of the University of Oklahoma. Go Sooners!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 7:40 PM
i'd count on about 1500-2000 tops. Just go to the dealer, and tell them you get GMS. If ya really want to get a good deal....see how low they can go. And then tell them you get GMS on top of it...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 4:56 AM
Club 136! (DTP) wrote:i'd count on about 1500-2000 tops. Just go to the dealer, and tell them you get GMS. If ya really want to get a good deal....see how low they can go. And then tell them you get GMS on top of it...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

I think the GMS price is a set price, no negotiating. I could be wrong though.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 8:25 AM
zero wrote:
Club 136! (DTP) wrote:i'd count on about 1500-2000 tops. Just go to the dealer, and tell them you get GMS. If ya really want to get a good deal....see how low they can go. And then tell them you get GMS on top of it...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

it is..

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Wednesday, July 18, 2007 9:37 AM
gms is a set price , but it does vary by vehicle and its options

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 11:00 AM
Hmmm, looking at my company handbook (I work for a GM dealership), all employee's can get a new car for $100 over invoice (doesn't apply towards special cars such as the Corvette)
Wednesday, July 18, 2007 11:43 AM
I got the supplier discount on my Aura XR and it was $1200. It nice getting money knocked off the price of a Saturn!!

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 11:54 AM
yea its a set price.......its on the invoice sheet.

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Wednesday, July 18, 2007 12:00 PM
anyone have any idea what the cost of a lt cobalt is? with the gms?

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 12:39 PM
streetfireMK v12.3 wrote:anyone have any idea what the cost of a lt cobalt is? with the gms?

Wouldn't that solely depend on the options you want?

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 2:59 PM
You can actually do better than GMS pricing on your own, especially if it is a car that is not in short supply. You want a cobalt, so you're golden. Go to one dealership (the one you don't want to buy from) tell them upfront that you have employee pricing (which is cost +5 from there you will know the true cost of the car (If you're in the US then this info is openly available but it is not in canada so this is the only way to get it).

Proceed to the dealer you want to buy from, with this knowledge. Negociate a price that is very close to cost (start a little lower to give you room to move) There are factory incentives to move cars so this "cost" you have is actually higher than the true dealer cost.

Be prepared to walk if they won't give you anything near "cost".

I used to sell cobalts, i know the process.

www.drluc.ca
Wednesday, July 18, 2007 4:10 PM
ExESIVE FIRE now with CTS wrote:
zero wrote:

it is..
x3

we just bought an avalanche a week ago. absolutely no negotiating so you can't just walk away; does no good now. with our employee discount we saved around 5 grand on it; because the employee discount also qualified us for even more special offers. employee discount = $ off + special offers (even more off) = $5000 or so less

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 5:36 PM
ok this is what i want

2006-2007-2008
cobalt LT sedan
5 speed, sunroof, power windows, locks, and cruise control those are the options

and my zip code is 53546 if that matters

any one know how much i would be able to pick one up for?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search