The next Impala SS spy pics? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The next Impala SS spy pics?
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 8:30 PM
Not really, this is for other markets. But GM is planing the next Impala in 2009/2010 m-y time frame. Maybe, just we may get this, but it all depends on CAFE standards.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: The next Impala SS spy pics?
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 8:35 PM
Because Yes, I would buy one ...

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 9:15 PM
ill take this with a side of g8 please...

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 10:21 PM
i'm tired of chevys and pontiacs looking pretty much identical.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 11:20 PM
V Dub wrote:i'm tired of chevys and pontiacs looking pretty much identical.

[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] coach built xj ( o   [][][][][][][]/  o ) hid wj
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 11:26 PM
sarcasm/ oh yeah me too! i want every comprable car from ford/lincoln/ mercury to share no similar pannels inside or out, and still cost the same, same with gmc/chevy/pontiac, oh yeah honda/acura, them too.. chrystler and dodge cant have similar styled cars either. I want them to make sure every g5/6/7/8/27 to all look different from every impala/monte carlo/cobalt, every GMC sierra to be completely different from every silverado. dont you DARE keep making the mountaineer and explorer look similar.... but at the same time, i dont want the added production to jump the price at all... as a matter of fact, ill complain about the current prices too.....

/end sarcasm

get the hell over it. it happens, it will happen, it always has happened. are you even considering buying either of the cars you are whining about? probably not... so it's just bltching for the sake of having something to bltch about.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 2:01 AM
JLAudioCavalier(1bad02cav) wrote:sarcasm/ oh yeah me too! i want every comprable car from ford/lincoln/ mercury to share no similar pannels inside or out, and still cost the same, same with gmc/chevy/pontiac, oh yeah honda/acura, them too.. chrystler and dodge cant have similar styled cars either. I want them to make sure every g5/6/7/8/27 to all look different from every impala/monte carlo/cobalt, every GMC sierra to be completely different from every silverado. dont you DARE keep making the mountaineer and explorer look similar.... but at the same time, i dont want the added production to jump the price at all... as a matter of fact, ill complain about the current prices too.....

/end sarcasm

get the hell over it. it happens, it will happen, it always has happened. are you even considering buying either of the cars you are whining about? probably not... so it's just bltching for the sake of having something to bltch about.

the point is, it is pointless. if they are going to look identical, dont rebadge them in to a different name plate. its ridiculous. why have a cobalt AND a g5. pick one and sell that one. would save them tons not having to change the grill emblems and steering wheel.

Creative Draft Art Media Forums
Wednesday, July 18, 2007 4:33 AM
wow this is my new favorite car...also thr other posts didn't have any pics of actual chevy models as this one does

as far as i see it they shouldn't change a thing its perfect
what kinda engine is this car getting? ls4?

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 4:34 AM
What "other markets" would they be testing for in the US? Doesnt make sense since its already overseas and such.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is the same as the G8 right? Seems like they're just driving that around for testing instead of the G8. The only 'foreign' car I've seen GM testing before was the opel astra, which is what the saturn aura is based off of no?
Wednesday, July 18, 2007 4:57 AM
It seems to have some styling from the cts but man it's good looking. If it's rwd then I would be all over it down the road.

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 6:06 AM
Nathaniel O'Flaherty wrote:the point is, it is pointless. if they are going to look identical, dont rebadge them in to a different name plate. its ridiculous. why have a cobalt AND a g5. pick one and sell that one. would save them tons not having to change the grill emblems and steering wheel.

its obviously not pointless. people buy both

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 7:55 AM
that is the whole thing the CHEVY is just a badge that replaces the HOLDEN badge

YES its RWD , atleast at this point

the impala is supposed to be on a stretched chassis , and a couple inches wider

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 8:03 AM
ppl act like gm is the only one that rebadges cars for different parts of the world, they all do it

Regardless of where its coming from its a step up from the current impala

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 9:54 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(™)]little slow bro

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=6&i=160545&t=160545

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=6&i=159014&t=159014#159014

LOL

Hey now... yhea same type of car, but these have the badges.

=OrangeZ= wrote:wow this is my new favorite car...also thr other posts didn't have any pics of actual chevy models as this one does

as far as i see it they shouldn't change a thing its perfect
what kinda engine is this car getting? ls4?

The LS4 is for FWD, this car is RWD. By that time, expect the SS to get a detuned LS3 version found on the "base" 2008 Corvette. HSV will be putting the LS7 in the Commodore. But if it gets the LS7 here, it will interfere with the CTS-v, so who knows what we will get.
But all of this depends on CAFE.

Spitfire2332 wrote:What "other markets" would they be testing for in the US? Doesnt make sense since its already overseas and such.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is the same as the G8 right? Seems like they're just driving that around for testing instead of the G8. The only 'foreign' car I've seen GM testing before was the opel astra, which is what the saturn aura is based off of no?

Omega SS for the Brazilian market or a Lumina SS for the Middle-Eastern market. Yep, same car as the G8. No, the Saturn Aura is based on the Opel Vectra (mid-size). Opel Astra will be known here as the Saturn Astra (compact).

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 10:08 AM
I do belive I would own one...... or two. lol

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 10:29 AM
It does look very nice but looks a little TOO much like a G8. They should at least change the tail lights to give it some distinction. But other wise it's amazing just as is.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 10:41 AM
lol , you know how many people will remove the badges , so that doesnt count

LOL

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 10:47 AM
I feel a TRD body kit/toyota badge/toyota tail/toyota eyelid style craze in the form of Holden parts, once this car comes out... wonder if the aftermarket companies will eat that up like gravana did with the gmx kit.......... the gto people are doing the holden bumpers and whatnot, im sure the g8 people will be all over that.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 11:12 AM
JLAudioCavalier(1bad02cav) wrote:I feel a TRD body kit/toyota badge/toyota tail/toyota eyelid style craze in the form of Holden parts, once this car comes out... wonder if the aftermarket companies will eat that up like gravana did with the gmx kit.......... the gto people are doing the holden bumpers and whatnot, im sure the g8 people will be all over that.

Funny, i was thinking the EXACT same thing about when the Astra comes out. Good question

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 11:25 AM
Looks like ACURA TL

GM Stage 2 &&& air box modification

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 1:10 PM
At least recenty Gm has been re badging well styled cars. You people act like they rebadged a Citation or something. Hands down it is an outstanding design, can't we just be happy about that?

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 1:50 PM
its called cost sharing.... the more cars they can build on one platform, the less they can seel them for without sacraficing profits.

its the same that chrysler has done with the 300/ magnum/ charger/ challenger/ imperial.

its either GM makes as many cars on this platform as possible, or they dont build any of them. im pretty sure that would brake the promise that i think they made to make the new camaro since they are all based on the same.

problem is, the chevy nameplate has too many cars that should be made on this platform.

the camaro, impala, and the montecarlo (if they make it again). pontiac only has the G8, and i dont know if saturn is getting one of these too.

either way, this is making my decision harder. i was really looking at picking up a 6spd manual G8 in 2009 or 2010.

1997 RedR - ZedR
Wednesday, July 18, 2007 2:08 PM
whitegoose( RedR-ZedR) wrote:its called cost sharing.... the more cars they can build on one platform, the less they can seel them for without sacraficing profits.

True Dat. But this is literally just a badge change. I like what Nissan does. they basically sell you the same car but each is completely different looking from one another. I'm just goingto assume that is a test mule and there will be a few cosmetic changes on the way to the showroom.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 2:42 PM
b0jan jebac - 8ball - wrote:Looks like ACURA TL
That's what I was thinking...

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search