Our New Car (S2K) lots of large pics - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Our New Car (S2K) lots of large pics
Friday, July 13, 2007 8:14 PM
We got this about a week and a half ago. Drove 6+ hours roundtrip to get it. Its a 2003 Honda S2000. It is a 6-speed, but I learned how to drive a stick in two days on this car so I can actually drive it lol. We've already made one major upgrade on it. When we got it, it had these rims (which looked disgusting on there )....

A very nice guy on the S2000 org I joined contacted me and told me he had some stock rims he was selling because he was getting a new set of Volks. So we drive to check em out and they are painted black which was even better. After picking them up for $350 for all 4 (amazing deal btw) we got them on our Toyo Proxes and now it looks like this....

As far as the new rims go, they need to be touched up mostly around the lip and then cleared. They were only rattlecanned before being installed. And as far as the pics, I tried to take into account with what I was told last time (make the car take up less of the whole picture). Some pics are blurry because the sun was going down and I didn't bring a tripod; and this was only a 5 minute photoshoot and it hasn't been washed yet but I just wanted some pics so let me know what you think.......

Next Up:
-K&N FIPK Intake
-Titanium Shift Knob
-Some Kind of Stereo w/iPod Upgrade
-New Coat of Black + Clear For Rims
-Maybe 1" Lowering Springs

Re: Our New Car (S2K) lots of large pics
Friday, July 13, 2007 8:27 PM
Definitely an improvement. A set of aftermarket wheels would've looked better, but for the price, you made the right decision. I think with the mods you're planning you'll have a very clean car.

I had something really funny to put here but it was too long.
Saturday, July 14, 2007 2:07 PM
^Thanks. We are definitely keeping this car clean...

Saturday, July 14, 2007 4:42 PM
very nice, I would just say to touch up the paint on the rims. unless that doesn't bother you. & congrats on the car.

Getting "better built" for the '08...
Saturday, July 14, 2007 10:05 PM
Nice car, enjoy man!

Saturday, July 14, 2007 10:57 PM
everytime i see one of those cars i wanna say "hes probly got 100 grand under the hood of that thing"
i love the car man and personally i wouldnt clear them. i think they look great as is

Sunday, July 15, 2007 10:13 AM
little more fun than the mr2 aint it?

Ill get that car cover from you next pay check man.

Sunday, July 15, 2007 2:49 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. Any Platcav, sorry man I totally forgot about the car cover thing until a few days ago, but I've been busy workin at the racetrack. Let me know as soon as you can paypal us/send us a money order or whatever for shipping so I can send it out. But about the S2K it is definitely fun to drive; of course I never got to drive the mr2 so I can't really compare but riding in the spyder was more fun just because no one had a clue what it was. This is just another Honda lol, even though we still get looks, its just not as special. Performance wise, I can drive my cav a ton better and harder just because I'm not used to the manual yet....

Monday, July 16, 2007 12:56 AM
honda love...

my buddy had an s2k same color....damn the black wheels set it off nice

stay comptech with your mods, you wont be sorry

2007 GM Tuner Bash...HELL YEA
PA,MD,NJ,DE,NY and all states north caravan
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 10:08 AM
Wait til the back end comes around on you. It happens to everyone. 50/50 and rwd is a far cry from any fwd car, so when you start pushing harder, it'll feel "funny." And if those aren't 245/45/16 tires in the back, I would reccommend them highly...

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 4:21 AM
damn cant believe those rims are so expensive, i would get them repainted for sure. sick car!!!

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 10:34 PM
kick ass man. i pickced mine up not too long ago. waiting for a motor on it.
how much did it set you back? hard top?

also what motor is in it? 2.0 or 2.2? i cant remember if they switched to the f22c in 03 or 04

http://www.myspace.com/15102113

12.5@116 2.0 60ft
Thursday, July 19, 2007 2:48 AM
congrats buddy!
i too have an '03.
when you get a chance (if you have not done so already) go to: http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=idx
it is a very active board.

John H [CavalierKid wrote:]also what motor is in it? 2.0 or 2.2? i cant remember if they switched to the f22c in 03 or 04

00-03= 2.0
04-07= 2.2

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Thursday, July 19, 2007 7:13 AM
im curious - how many miles and what was the selling price? (private or dealership?)

awesome car - just beautiful
Thursday, July 19, 2007 7:35 PM
You should have bought my S2k I've been trying to sell...

Sweet car though. You'll absolutely love it. I know I'm going to miss mine once it's gone.

-Scott
2003 VW Passat Turbo (20 psi Daily Driver)
1988 BMW 325i (Spec E30 Race Car Project)

Long Gone: 1997 Cavalier RS, 1966 Ford Mustang, 2002 Honda S2000, and so on...
Friday, July 20, 2007 1:12 PM
We got it from a dealership. It has like 22,000 miles and we got it for around $23,000 (we had a trade in though). It has an automatic soft top; hard tops can be bought but are really expensive ($1200+). And we like to put the top down with the push of a button. As for the mods, I can't find enough info on the comptech intake to compare with the K&N, don't want any CAI, and we've always used K&N intakes so those are the main reasons why we're getting the K&N FIPK over the other intakes out there. Thanks everyone for the input....

Monday, July 23, 2007 10:53 AM
id go with a nice powerhouse amuse exhuast full titanium, should only run you around $2700

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, July 23, 2007 12:13 PM
Atk2008 wrote:We got it from a dealership. It has like 22,000 miles and we got it for around $23,000 (we had a trade in though). It has an automatic soft top; hard tops can be bought but are really expensive ($1200+). And we like to put the top down with the push of a button. As for the mods, I can't find enough info on the comptech intake to compare with the K&N, don't want any CAI, and we've always used K&N intakes so those are the main reasons why we're getting the K&N FIPK over the other intakes out there. Thanks everyone for the input....

honestly, the 92-95 civic short ram intakes fit perfect. keeps the filter in the engine bay but away from the exhaust manifold. jsut get a K&N filter on one

Quote:

You should have bought my S2k I've been trying to sell...

why are you selling yours? id love to have a cf trunk for mine!

http://www.myspace.com/15102113

12.5@116 2.0 60ft
Monday, July 23, 2007 2:11 PM
Love S2K's.... i'm just afraid that I'd never manage to fit all my paintball gear into one lol

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 8:53 AM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:Love S2K's.... i'm just afraid that I'd never manage to fit all my paintball gear into one lol
Haha you never know til you try. They actually have a pretty good amount of trunk space; you'd be surprised what all you can fit in there. But yeah, I love this car more and more every time I get to drive it....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search