Chevy Aveo - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Chevy Aveo
Friday, July 13, 2007 9:38 PM
Since my Cav was totaled, I'm looking into buying an Aveo or another J-body. I don't know anything about the Aveo though. I drove one, it was a different kind of fun. It handled better than my Cavalier.

So basically...what are these cars good for?
Is there ANY aftermarket? Tuning options?
Strength of motor and trans? What power rating do they break?
Good Autox car?

I'm going to look at one tomorrow so any information you could give me would be much appreciated.

Re: Chevy Aveo
Friday, July 13, 2007 9:44 PM
There's very little aftermarket performance support.

Friday, July 13, 2007 10:10 PM
my cav took a shot of nitrous the equivelent of having an Aveo engine added in the back.... enough said LOL

Friday, July 13, 2007 10:54 PM
Aveo is the worst car Chevy makes, and probably one of the worst cars sold in North America. There are better options.
Saturday, July 14, 2007 7:38 AM
Cheese007 aproves.

Saturday, July 14, 2007 7:40 AM
Jonathan wrote:Aveo is the worst car Chevy makes, and probably one of the worst cars sold in North America. There are better options.

First statement is an opinion, as the second one is too.

First one I agree with, second one I disagree with.

I can think of many vehicles I would consider worse than an Aveo.

Here's how I see the Aveo, it's transportation....... nothing more really. If you need a cheap car that gets you around, then get it. It's not a status car, it's not a car that would ever see anything above 16s in the 1/4, and there's nothing you can really do style wise to them.

Saturday, July 14, 2007 7:58 AM
Jonathan wrote:Aveo is the worst car Chevy makes, and probably one of the worst cars sold in North America. There are better options.

Its a freaking economy car....What do you want.

I personally, would by a yaris, just cause there bad ass..lol

Saturday, July 14, 2007 9:29 AM
David Alameda (Zspeedcav) wrote:Cheese007 aproves.

i saw this and knew someone had to say it.

Saturday, July 14, 2007 10:56 AM

i think cheese007 is going to become a legend here

Saturday, July 14, 2007 11:12 AM
The aveo is a complete waste of a car, its made in Korea by daewoo, the gas mileage isnt any better than a base cobalt despite having almost 30 less hp and fully loaded its still more expensive by 2k than a base cobalt, not to mention the cobalt actually is an american car

and as far as aftermarket support theres no comparison

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, July 14, 2007 11:37 AM
get a honda fit... do a k20 swap... call it a day...

Saturday, July 14, 2007 12:57 PM
I know it's an economy car. But it is not even good at that. For the size and output of it's engine it should get way better fuel economy. I'm not saying it's the worst car in north america because it is slow. Looking at it objectively, it is poorly designed. Compared to it's competition it doesn't compete in terms of design and engineering.

Now I understand that it is really cheap, and for alot of people that's all that matters, and they don't care that the engine buzzes and vibrates. And that's fine. And in terms of style, I think the sedan is probably the best looking subcompact out there.
Sunday, July 15, 2007 12:11 AM
V Dub wrote:

I don't get it...

Sunday, July 15, 2007 9:00 AM
Lol i gotta be honest, there is a sweet lookin Aveo that lives near me. Full body fit with a dual tip exhaust that fits perfect and its got like 17's on it in gunmetal to match his black/grey decal work. It looks very sweet though and sounds pretty good, but yea im sure its like every Civic on the planet, just like polishing a turd.
Sunday, July 15, 2007 9:07 AM
Teh Thread Merger wrote:
V Dub wrote:

I don't get it...

cheese007 (the anti rice guy) owned an aveo

Sunday, July 15, 2007 9:22 AM
if you want something like that, just get a nissan versa. 1.8 liters, 130somethinghp, small and great mileage. They just did a test where they threw a prototype turbo kit on it and it gained something like 80-90hp. Everyone was astonished. They are actually trying to pump a fairly large aftermarket for it too. oh yea, It's lightweight as hell too.
Sunday, July 15, 2007 2:55 PM
I'd go with a VW Rabbit. Base 150 hp engine, decent fuel economy, plus the car can be had for mid-$14,000 I believe for a manual transmission variant and some pretty good options that other cars may not have in its starting price range. I personally wouldn't go with an Aveo unless for some reason I lost my job (and my car) and needed something super cheap to get back into ASAP (i.e. Aveo Special Value car for $9995).

Just my .02
Sunday, July 15, 2007 9:17 PM
James (The S197 Driver) wrote:I'd go with a VW Rabbit. Base 150 hp engine, decent fuel economy, plus the car can be had for mid-$14,000 I believe for a manual transmission variant and some pretty good options that other cars may not have in its starting price range. I personally wouldn't go with an Aveo unless for some reason I lost my job (and my car) and needed something super cheap to get back into ASAP (i.e. Aveo Special Value car for $9995).

Just my .02

Or even cheaper, VW City Golf ( I don't know if they sell that in the US or not). but real cheap
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search