2008 turbo HHR brochure pictures - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2008 turbo HHR brochure pictures
Friday, July 13, 2007 10:34 AM

Copied from:
Link

Quote:

Well, the '08 turbocharged HHR SS certainly looks the part, and if what we've experienced driving the Solstice GXP and Sky Red Line is any indication, we think that it'll have more than enough punch to live up to the SS badging. The usually friendly-faced HHR gets a big dose of meanness up front, with new, blacked-out grillework and a new front bumper designed to help feed the intercooler lurking behind it. No power numbers are given in the scanned and posted information page, but we do learn that a similarly aggressive rear fascia is included along with a roof-mounted rear spoiler. SS-embroidered sport seats dress up the cabin, where the driver will find a short-throw shifter connected to a five-speed gearbox and a boost gauge mounted to the A-Pillar. 4-wheel discs with ABS are standard, as is a sport-tuned suspension. We'd expect power to be at least the same 260 horses available in the Kappa roadsters, if not more. Power will likely drive the front wheels, which appear to be 18 inches in diameter.The HHR SS will be at Chevy dealers in late fall of this year. This is one we can't wait to get our hands on.

Same engine as the Solstice GXP and Sky Redline.

Re: 2008 turbo HHR brochure pictures
Friday, July 13, 2007 11:38 AM
sweet

i just dont like the new grill work with the headlights , something is off , they look good when you block the other out of the pictures

Friday, July 13, 2007 1:10 PM
why did the can the cobalt SS again?

Friday, July 13, 2007 1:54 PM
I originally posted those pics on chevyhhr.net if there is any credibility issues these came out of the 2008 HHR Brochure which your local dealership might be able to give you.

Friday, July 13, 2007 2:25 PM
Chris DeNisco wrote:why did the can the cobalt SS again?

They didn't can the SS Chevrolet's contract with Eaton expired, they are now running the same 2.0L turbo motor from the solstice. That was the last I heard at least.

Friday, July 13, 2007 3:27 PM
Chris DeNisco wrote:why did the can the cobalt SS again?

Low sales and market change.
Now they can compete with Mazdaspeed 3, upcoming SRT-4, GTI, PT Cruiser turbo and any other 5-door compact in which is a hot segment.

One thing that scratches my head is the "SS" moniker. Lutz said earlier this year that GM will no longer bastardize the "SS" moniker. Many 2008 model Chevy won't get a "SS" anymore.

Either way the final out come of this HHR is nice and I would get one. But I want a diesel option too.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Friday, July 13, 2007 4:04 PM
the 2.0 s/c's were a dead project from the day they rolled out in the delta's , GM said that from before day 1

Friday, July 13, 2007 9:16 PM
CHM wrote:I originally posted those pics on chevyhhr.net if there is any credibility issues these came out of the 2008 HHR Brochure which your local dealership might be able to give you.

I thought I had seen it a few days ago on a car website. And for some reason, I couldn't think of which one it was.

Saturday, July 14, 2007 9:17 AM
The HHR is becoming more and more GM's version of Chryslers PT Cruiser.

ASE Certified Techician
DaimlerChrysler Certified Techician
Va Safety Inspector
Member Option D Racing
Saturday, July 14, 2007 4:01 PM
Option D wrote:The HHR is becoming more and more GM's version of Chryslers PT Cruiser.

HHR > PT

Sunday, July 15, 2007 4:09 AM
redecocav wrote:
Option D wrote:The HHR is becoming more and more GM's version of Chryslers PT Cruiser.

HHR > PT

It's my understanding that the very same designer...designed both the PT and HHR. You can think of the HHR as the next genereation Pt that was swiped from dailmer.

Sunday, July 15, 2007 7:34 AM
I still stand by my statement

Sunday, July 15, 2007 3:46 PM
Its plenty worthy of the SS badging at least as much as the clumsy Impala, Monte Carlo, or Malibu

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, July 15, 2007 8:26 PM
People get to bent out of shape about the SS badging in my opinion

Sure back then SS meant power.... and we think of cars like the Chevelle SS and the Camaro SS......... but you have to think.... they put those SS badges on those cars because they were the fastest top of the line model..... and thats exactly what GM is still doing. I guess people are getting bent out of shape because of them going on 4 cylinders and V6's, but at least they have forced induction and the cars like the Monte Carlo at least have a V8 in them now.

I would totally rock that HHR in a heartbeat, ive loved them ever since i got to ride in one

Sunday, July 15, 2007 8:36 PM
UGLY

GM Stage 2 &&& air box modification
Monday, July 16, 2007 3:46 AM
Makes me want to get ride of the cavy and the HHR....
Craig Lewis wrote:It's my understanding that the very same designer...designed both the PT and HHR. You can think of the HHR as the next genereation Pt that was swiped from dailmer.

You are correct the same designer did both the PT and the HHR, but the HHR was designed after a Chevy 1949 suburban.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, July 16, 2007 1:48 PM
i want the drivetrain lol, can you say swap time, after all they are both built on the delta platform

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, July 16, 2007 1:50 PM
dayum. cant wait to see one in person. for some odd reason i like these hhr's . but it wont be practical in my life, but seems cool non the less.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 1:17 PM
Just to set teh story straight here, the SS badge was in no way the fastest version of any of the cars previosuly mentioned, look up your history on the old impalas and such.. the original SS was a package that could be added to anything almost. IIRC some sixes could be SS badged, but don't quote me.
I do however believe there should be something special about any SS vehicle as well.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 1:29 PM
make it a real SS and stuff the FWD 303hp 5.3L V8 in it...

OR...get truly cool and put the Kappa platform framework under it so its RWD, then add the V8...

and i still want the Nomad...build it you bastards...

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 1:41 PM
Ronin J wrote:make it a real SS and stuff the FWD 303hp 5.3L V8 in it...

OR...get truly cool and put the Kappa platform framework under it so its RWD, then add the V8...

and i still want the Nomad...build it you bastards...

number 1 that front wheel drive V8 is not all its cracked up to be... there is so much torque managment in that transmission that you dont get the full potential of the engine.

as for putting the HHR on the happa platform and making a RWD V8 of it... if that was going to happen it would be in the solstice and sky already. there are companies stuffing V8's into the kappas, but i dont even see gm aver putting a V6 in them, nevermind a V8 (though it would be nice).

and yes, the Nomad was a sweet concept that i would love to see aswell

i do believe that this engine does desirve the SS bading, same as the cobalt that will be recieving it. but i dont think the 2.4L L4 cobalt should be badged as an SS (it is in canada at least). maybe an LS or RS, but not the SS.

1997 RedR - ZedR

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 6:33 PM
Sweet ass! I would totally rock it, forget the Caliber SRT, this is where it's at

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search