My new Project.... - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My new Project....
Monday, July 02, 2007 5:22 AM
well i picked her up last week, but ran put of posts for the month lol so here it is

the car has been washed since i took these.

thats me on the drivers side....damn these things are heavy

i have already started ripping into it....just dont have any shots of it. but ill keep u guys updated

Re: My new Project....
Tuesday, July 03, 2007 7:01 PM
I saw this same post in mdss, I know you're just gonna stick with this engine but I gotta say....

LS7 swap FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting "better built" for the '08...
Tuesday, July 03, 2007 7:08 PM
good luck looks a lot like mine lol. i got an iroc hood im about to put on it.

For Sale: 1st Gen Sideskirts CHECK IT!
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/45903/
Wednesday, July 04, 2007 7:51 AM
Hey, I have a 400 sbc for sale for a pretty good price if your interested. Goes real well into third gens. E-mail me if your interested in it. mattsarnowski@yahoo.com
Thursday, July 05, 2007 8:28 AM
Saw your post on mdss, just found the post on this site. Looks like a very fun project and not bad at all for only $500.

Looks to be in pretty good shape, any rust? If ya ever need any help with anything let me know, I LOVE 3rd gens lol.

ps: I love iroc hoods lol

Monday, July 09, 2007 6:54 AM
hehe thanks guys, ill get up some more progress pics later if i can

oh and tampaGT....u got mail

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 11:52 AM
sweet ive always liked that style of camaro, im guessing its a Z28 with the Iroc package, or did Z28's have the same skirts, lips and hood??? before to keep this post updated WITH NEW WASHED PICS!!!

----------

http://corpsemangler.fortunecity.com
Wednesday, July 11, 2007 5:43 AM
will do!

i think its just a Z28, at least thats whats the RPO codes are tellin me.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 5:47 AM
I always thought it was a shame that the IROC package was just an appearance package they would put on any 3rd-gen Camaro, even if all it had was a TBI 305 under the hood. Yes, Z28's got the skirts, hoods & wings. Almost got wrangled into buying one like I described in the first sentence. She was a rat! If it was L98 powered, I might have considered it. By the way, where are the proper Z-wheels? All I see are the ones for a A-body Monte SS.

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Wednesday, July 11, 2007 6:00 AM
Sweet! I just bought an 84 Z28 this week, so post pictures on what your doing with the car and I'll do the same, can't wait to see what you do with it!

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 7:27 AM
Nickelin Dimer wrote:I always thought it was a shame that the IROC package was just an appearance package

Iroc was a handling package. I'm almost positive it had a little different suspension. I know for a fact it had a different gear box. From dead stop to dead stop turn was tighter. The reason the Iroc was a handling package was because the Iroc was built for the International Race of Champions.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 12:20 PM
3rd gen camaros an firebirds have always been my all time favorite cars
Wednesday, July 11, 2007 12:45 PM
Heres some info on the IROC package....

Quote:

The new IROC-Z option was available on the Z28 and came with new 16x8 aluminum rims, P245/50VR-16 Z Rated Goodyear Gatorback tires, fog lights, CAMARO on front license plate panel, .5 inch lowered ride height, body colored valances, Delco-Bilstein rear gas shocks, special front struts, increased spring rates, special jounce bumpers, 5 degrees of caster (up from 3.5 on Z28) in front wheel alignment, `WonderBar' front frame rail stiffener, special valving in steering for increased steering effort, larger rear stabilizer bar with stiffer bushings, IROC-Z exterior decals and interior dash badge, and a thinner two-color lower body stripe

taken from thirdgen.org

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 2:26 PM
^^^So its a handling package along with some other stuff no one cares about? lol

Thursday, July 12, 2007 5:54 AM
lol, exactly

Thursday, July 12, 2007 6:46 AM
I'm having a hard time finding parts so far....... , have you gotten anything yet?

Thursday, July 12, 2007 11:40 AM
i actually just ordered som elower control arms this morning. what do u mean your haveing a hard time finding parts?

Thursday, July 12, 2007 11:53 AM
this is the motor as it sits right now...

ready to pull

and heres the inetrior without the seats and center console

need a good cleaning inside

Friday, July 13, 2007 6:35 AM
heres a little comparason of before and after a wash

before...

after...

before....

after...

its almost impossible to get good pictures of it in this damn garage

Friday, July 13, 2007 6:41 AM
Love that body style! cant wait to see her after you get working on her. Nice pick up.

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Friday, July 13, 2007 6:56 AM
Send me your door panels, please.

My interior is mostly tan, it blows. I meant before that I'm having a hard time finding new bumpers (looking for 90-92 style) and interior parts like seats, door panels, etc. It's hard 'cuz everything is in bad condition. I guess I'll just have to get lucky somewhere. Good luck on the progress, do you have any definite plans for it?

Friday, July 13, 2007 8:04 AM
as for my game plan....something like this...

i was thinking, these wheels

with Koni Struts and shocks, either Eibach or Hotchkiss springs. along with other suspension goodies, like panhard bars and torque arms. C5 or LS1 brakes

i need a new clutch so maybe either a Spec or Zoom clutch. and a B&M short throw

right now i cant decide if im gonna rebuild the 305 thats in it or build up the 350 i have at home....im probably gonna go witht he 350 tho. im gonna go true dual if i can, if not i was thinking about the GMMG cat back for it, with a good Y pipe and headers, and an electric cutout just to scare people.

im gonna go with a small cowl, maybe 2" or so, new paint, and maybe red grand sport stripes on the front fender.

i also have leather 3rd gen seats in it now but the front seats are a little messed up...so i was trying to get my hands on some black leather 4th gen front leathers.

right now, thats about all i have planed....

Friday, July 13, 2007 8:24 AM
Swap in the 4th gen seats with a 4th gen center console. The center console is easy to pick up and easy to swap. Looks a hell of a lot better and you'll have a cup holder! haha. No offense to ling427 but don't listen to him about the dash. He tends to use the word "bolts right up" like its something easy. Thats a HUGE project. As for the breaks go with LS1 rears. They are almost the same size as the C5 and you'll get them way cheaper.

You can also go with a Z06 clutch. You can sometimes pick them up a little cheaper then an aftermarket one. Yet they will handle a good amount of power.

Parts are not hard to find. Here is a list of front bumpers.
http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=87

Here's a list of all 82-92 parts for 3rd gens at Hawks Third Gen. Good place to get parts. There are MANY others. This is just one good one.
http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=77

Friday, July 13, 2007 8:30 AM
well im not sure if i wanna do rear brakes....as it is currently drumbs and im not sure if im to into going thorugh the hassle of swapping that out. but i will do either C5 or LS1 fronts

will the Z06 Clutch bolt up to a small block with a T-5?

and yea, Hawks is a great place

Friday, July 13, 2007 9:30 AM
Thats a good question on the T-5. I'm not sure. I know it does on the T-56. Something to look into though.

Rear isn't too hard to do.
http://www.thirdgen.org/ls1reardisc

Front I believe is just about a direct bolt up.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search