2008 Altima coupe sighting... - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2008 Altima coupe sighting...
Sunday, July 01, 2007 1:17 PM
I was running an errand yesterday and saw a Altima Coupe 2.5S for the first time on the road. This particular one was silver in color. Looks very sporty from the back, very 350Z/G35-ish. The profile is very much G35 coupe from the side. The one thing I noticed about Altima coupe that I am not too crazy about is that the front end is very rounded, but the rear end is very creased and angled. The design doesnt flow together at all, like one design studio was in charge of the front end, and another design studio was in charge of the rear end! I thought the pictures in the magazines exaggerated the difference in styling from the front and back, but is very much too different looks on the car. Of course, if GM had done this on say the Malibu, they would have been taken behind the woodshed in most car magazines as an example of problems with their company. The magazines have been very nice to Nissan about this. The 2.5S seemed to scoot pretty well from the stop light, although my 2003 Cavalier seem to be able to keep pace. Anyways, I was hoping the Altima coupe would look better in person. It is ok, just kinda makes me think that Nissan styling goofed up.

Re: 2008 Altima coupe sighting...
Sunday, July 01, 2007 1:59 PM
A dealer near me has a red 3.5SE that's pretty much (if not) fully loaded for about 29K. It looks real nice but smaller than I expected to be in person. It looks be be about the same length as my '03 Cavalier when I had it but it is wider. I'd love to take one of these out for a test drive sometime.
Sunday, July 01, 2007 4:53 PM
I honestly really like them and i typically dont care of the nissans(aside from the Z)

Id love to test drive one..

Monday, July 02, 2007 3:44 AM
I'd really like to look one of those over in person. I recently had a 2007 Altima sedan as a rental for a week & fell in love. It felt way quicker than any J I've been in & very solid.

Monday, July 02, 2007 2:30 PM
Only stupid thing i heard (rumor) is that only the 4 banger will be offered in manual, so the v6 will only be an Auto. Can't confirm this yet, but that's what i was told.

Monday, July 02, 2007 6:05 PM
nopers...

6 Speed is Standard...its like 500 bucks to add the CVT to the 3.5

Monday, July 02, 2007 6:47 PM
the cvt trans slow its down like poop. Hated it. 6 speed v6 would a blast im sure!

"Custom cars, custom problems."-me

Tuesday, July 03, 2007 10:24 AM
I saw one today driving to work, the front is not very attractive, the rear looks like a G35, almost stretched wider. I would be sold on one in a heart beat if they kept the previous models front end style, the new one is too swooping. I'm sure its an awesome car otherwise, just the exterior is whooped.
Thursday, July 05, 2007 12:47 PM
I saw a white one on the way to see Transformers yesterday. Looks like a downgraded G35 to me.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search