Hmmmm What Am I Up To - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hmmmm What Am I Up To
Saturday, June 30, 2007 5:49 PM
Why would I need to put the car up on jack stands??

oh yeah to finally start putting the hotchkis stuff on

front and rear sway bars the rear is about the same diameter as the stock front one so this should be a HUGE improvement

I hate cancer you can see where someone did some fabrication on the core support (good thing I have a new core support waiting to go in)

Re: Hmmmm What Am I Up To
Saturday, June 30, 2007 6:29 PM
Very nice...when are you gonna do something about the front drums? That thing is screaming for a big brake kit. I can hear it from here =P

Saturday, June 30, 2007 6:42 PM
looks nice!

"Custom cars, custom problems."-me

Saturday, June 30, 2007 6:46 PM
Werd... It's not happy.... not even a little bit.

It's unhappy. Geeds... it's bordering on distempered.

Help that goat.

Saturday, June 30, 2007 8:18 PM
Rabbit(AKA RedAssassin) wrote:Very nice...when are you gonna do something about the front drums? That thing is screaming for a big brake kit. I can hear it from here =P

well right now the GTO stops on a dime with those drums after they were reworked a few years ago discs will come eventually

Sunday, July 01, 2007 6:25 AM
Front drums are just plain nasty, Nova up at the bodyshop still has those...and they suck. Glad to hear the GTO's work nicely, though I'd definately upgrade.

How much was the Hotchkis setup might I ask?

Sunday, July 01, 2007 7:23 AM
Joe Schulte wrote:Front drums are just plain nasty, Nova up at the bodyshop still has those...and they suck. Glad to hear the GTO's work nicely, though I'd definately upgrade.

How much was the Hotchkis setup might I ask?

around $1400

comes with all you see here

Sunday, July 01, 2007 1:20 PM
there is alot better stuff that hotchkis out there

sway bars, springs are ok , the rest isnt near the top , the bushings bind the suspension up

Sunday, July 01, 2007 4:04 PM
Swap to front disc. Disc will stop better than drums. Their's tons of ways to swap to drums cheaply making your own kit.

You can buy the kit pretty cheap in the summit catalog.

You can also piece something together- cheaper than this as well. That is what I'm doing on my 69 chevelle. You can buy the brackets from ebay for 40. Then just have to buy hoses, calipers, and rotors.

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115940
Sunday, July 01, 2007 5:16 PM
Robtco99 wrote:Swap to front disc. Disc will stop better than drums. Their's tons of ways to swap to drums cheaply making your own kit.

You can buy the kit pretty cheap in the summit catalog.

You can also piece something together- cheaper than this as well. That is what I'm doing on my 69 chevelle. You can buy the brackets from ebay for 40. Then just have to buy hoses, calipers, and rotors.

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115940

booked mark but disc brakes will be done later I'm just wanting to get the suspension done before woodward

after woodward the frame is coming out and getting blasted, straightened, and either powder coated or painted (might have it boxed up also)

Sunday, July 01, 2007 7:07 PM
you really dont need woodwards on it unless you plan on making that engine put down serious power
we did a simple power front disc set up on my mustang, and it stops better than the cavy does (well most things stop better than a cavy)

Sunday, July 01, 2007 7:53 PM
themarin8r wrote:you really dont need woodwards on it unless you plan on making that engine put down serious power
we did a simple power front disc set up on my mustang, and it stops better than the cavy does (well most things stop better than a cavy)

i belive you are talking about wilwood as in breaks...

geeds is talking abotu woodward, the cruise held every year on woodward in michigan..

looking good man, keep it up

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Sunday, July 01, 2007 7:58 PM
ExESIVE FIRE now with CTS wrote:
themarin8r wrote:you really dont need woodwards on it unless you plan on making that engine put down serious power

i belive you are talking about wilwood as in breaks...

geeds is talking abotu woodward, the cruise held every year on woodward in michigan..

looking good man, keep it up

yup thanks man you going to woodward this year?

Sunday, July 01, 2007 8:13 PM
hahaha im a dumbass
i knew it didnt sound right at all

Monday, July 02, 2007 7:01 AM
Have you thought about using por 15 on the frame? It's supposed to be the sh*t. Thats probably what I'll be using.

It seems quite a few people are having their frames galvanized dipped, so it'll never rust again. I'm not sure on what it cost or if you can even get it done in the area...
Monday, July 02, 2007 4:08 PM
Robtco99 wrote:Have you thought about using por 15 on the frame? It's supposed to be the sh*t. Thats probably what I'll be using.

It seems quite a few people are having their frames galvanized dipped, so it'll never rust again. I'm not sure on what it cost or if you can even get it done in the area...

the front section of the frame has alot of damage (which is probably why nothing on the front end sits straight) so it needs to go to a shop to be straightened out so might as well make it look good while its out such as podwer coating then I never have to worry about it rusting back up or what not

Monday, July 02, 2007 7:14 PM
take the windshield banner off please.

-Borsty
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search