Who'd win? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Who'd win?
Thursday, June 14, 2007 2:28 AM
I know this has nothing to do with J's but...

Okay, I know the Cobalt SS/SC has the 2.0l Eco
I know that the Cobalt LT has the 2.2 Eco
Very few have the 2.4 Eco (Dont know which ones)

Now saying that the 2.2 is bigger (engine), if it was charged with the same SC kit, wouldnt it walk all over a SS/SC?

Which one has the most promise in the end??
Which would give the most HP and Torque overall???
Which has the most backing????

And I know I should be asking this in the Balt forums but Id rather ask JBOeons (I like it here better)

now DIE!

Re: Who'd win?
Thursday, June 14, 2007 9:43 AM
2.4 is in the SS non supercharged cobalt

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Thursday, June 14, 2007 5:19 PM
could you do like the honda motors and take a k20 head and put it on a k24 to make it an ultimate n/a beast? just curious now that you got me thinking.
Thursday, June 14, 2007 8:11 PM
the extra .2L isn't like comparing a 427 BBC to a 350 SBC, the 2.2L wouldn't "walk all over" the 2.0L. It should however respond better to a supercharger as it has a longer stroke, and will displace more air down low, and the charger will keep feeding it up top. I personally think the 2.0L would be better fitted wtih a turbo, making it potent as a high RPM screamer, though.

In any case, this isn't a bench racing forum....etc....

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Sunday, June 17, 2007 8:22 AM
I remember reading somewhere that a group was doing a project with a 2.0 s/c engine, they basically tore the supercharger off & put a normal induction system in it, turbo'd it and pretty much doubled if not more the hp that it was putting out... Gotta look that up once... lol...

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Monday, June 25, 2007 7:43 PM
The GMPP supercharger kit for the 2.2 (L61) has be known to out perform the stock Cobalt SS/SC. The 2.2 doesn't respond well to a smaller pulley though....Basically I think the SS/SC has more potential and would be more reliable but it's also twice the price of a base Cobalt.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 10:40 AM
CavyFreak442 wrote:I remember reading somewhere that a group was doing a project with a 2.0 s/c engine, they basically tore the supercharger off & put a normal induction system in it, turbo'd it and pretty much doubled if not more the hp that it was putting out... Gotta look that up once... lol...

Tag racecraft.

Normal 9 psi turbo kit produced 312 whp. The Eaton has tons of parasitic loss and IAT's. Just throw the turbo on dropped their IAT's like 30 something degrees. At 18 psi with still lower IAT's they made over 400 whp on a STOCK lsj motor.

Eaton's suck... parasitic loss, temperature and just bleh

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search