96 s-10 blazer - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
96 s-10 blazer
Sunday, June 24, 2007 7:26 PM
any real problems that anyone knows about? my friend is getting one just wondering what i should check out for her.

Re: 96 s-10 blazer
Sunday, June 24, 2007 9:26 PM
Hey well here's the biggest issues with them:

-Minor problems with the lower intake gasket (easy enough job but time consuming as all hell)
-Eats ball joints & other front end parts (LOOK Closely at it)
-Oil cooler lines always end up leaking (again easy enough job once you've done them before)
-Rear brakes can get a little @!#$ty (e-brakes can be cruddy & the rotors are a pain to turn)
-Auto Trannies can be problematic if used heavily for towing or if they get beat on

Other than those issues if they're up to date with regular maintenance the 4.3L which I'm assuming it has will run for ever. Great motor, loves the gas but has enough power to push a blazer around.

A forum to ask on http://www.blazerforum.com if you need more info! Good Luck & look it over closely!

Check Cardomain for PICS
Monday, June 25, 2007 2:44 PM
thanks a lot for the info. ill be checkin it out in like 20 mins im glad i have something specific to look for.

Monday, June 25, 2007 5:02 PM
Mega gas hog with the 4.6...That's no joke, I have a mint 2001 LT and it's no "grocery getter". I drive like a grandma and get something like 15mpg if i'm lucky. They're epa rated something like 18city/20hwy.

It's my only gripe...and if you go on edmunds.com and read the owners comments on the S-blazers it's really the only major gripe anyone has. It's roughly the size of a CRV but drinks like a Tahoe.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search