300zx hard to start -HELP - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
300zx hard to start -HELP
Friday, June 22, 2007 1:36 PM
A friend picked up a 300zx the car was running fine. but now it doesn't want to start the starter turns, the engine rotates and wants to start. after several tries it will start and idle. the car has set for several years. the fuel filter has been changed and dry gas added to it and fresh gas as well.y ideas? we really want t bring this beast back to life.

Re: 300zx hard to start -HELP
Friday, June 22, 2007 1:53 PM
Fuel lines, water remover, fuel pump, injector cleaners?

Friday, June 22, 2007 2:56 PM
Well first things first....lets check for Spark and Fuel Delivery....

Friday, June 22, 2007 3:36 PM
Fuel filter, plugs, wires, cap, and rotor all changed. the injector is clicking away I'll recommend some dry gas.

I was thinking a temperature sensor, the reason being that it will start and run after you try to start it and it tries to run and dies.

Friday, June 22, 2007 4:52 PM
yeah, like rosario said, check for fuel and spark, then you can determine what your problem is based on that, or at least it will narrow down your possibilities. it's just the fire triangle idea: you have to have three things for a fire: fuel, air, and ignition. (I'm assuming you have air...)
does it run alright after it's started? if so, you may want to check your starting system for any corrosion or other points of resistance.
Friday, June 22, 2007 6:49 PM
yeah once it starts it runs like a striped snake-------------------------------------->

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search