What supercar did Jake ride in...? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What supercar did Jake ride in...?
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 7:24 PM

That's right, an Audi R8!!!

This car is fantastic. My boss took me out through our town in it and it is incredible. Supercar noises, supercar performance, braking, handling... it's fantastic. Not only is it absolutely gorgeous, but it gets stares from every single person you pass. If I had a dollar for how many had stopped to stare, given us thumbs up, or just asked what it is, I'd have plenty of dollars.

This one had R-tronic, the sequential-manual transmission and no, I did not get to drive it. But remember, these cars don't go on sale until September, and when they do, they'll cost $110,000, so I consider myself very lucky to have ridden in it. Currently, I believe there are fewer than ten Audi R8s in the entire country....

And let me just say, this car is fricken ridiculous. I had a huge grin on my face for an hour after riding in this thing. It is utterly fantastic.

If you don't already know about this amazing car, check out Car and Driver's comparison test of it against the 911 Turbo: http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/13068/08-audi-r8.html

I was happy when I heard my car ran 10s. Then I found out that was 0-60.

Re: What supercar did Jake ride in...?
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 7:36 PM
nice man

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 7:37 PM
I am soo glad that one does not have those ugly ass LED's for lights like I saw in some of the pictures..

That must have been freaking sweet riding in a car that is not even being sold to the public yet. Where do you work?

1983 Camaro Z28
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 7:44 PM
It does have those white LEDs around the headlights, and I work for a car magazine based in Ann Arbor...

I was happy when I heard my car ran 10s. Then I found out that was 0-60.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 11:08 PM
Yep, those are amazing and beautiful cars (can't believe I said that about a German car ). But you have to drive the manual... I dunno, the auto simulates the feel of a race car, but performance wise, the manual has it beat, clutch take up and shifting feel is a class act.
I asked one of the Audi reps about "when is that Diesel going to come out and be called 'R10'," he laughed and said it is being tested out, all I can tell you is it will be a massaged mid-level diesel, not the monster V-12, because of its weight. And expect a RS version using the same V-10 gasoline platform on the Lamborghini Gallardo, why both share components.
After driving one, one thing came to mind about this car. This is the Honda/Acura NSX of the 21st century.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, June 21, 2007 6:13 AM
might be an awesome car and all, but the side view is horrendous.

the front wheels appear to be set very far back, and it makes the look like it has a wicked overbite. nasty.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search